• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best floor Jack tired of Harbor Frieght

dan200

#BSF200
The RDC page says free shipping on orders of $80+ but when I go to cart, shipping is $40??

View attachment 183756
Not that I work for RDC but, it's my guess this would be exempt because its a big heavy (48-50 pound box) and not a lighter package of t-shirts or some DVDs.

FWIW, I sell a lot of these and frequently share my vendor spot with their rep. To avoid costing racers/crews shipping charges you can order them from the shop and I will bring them to a race for you.

Ultimate Off-Road Jack

Also, they came out with a new jack. It got big ol wheels on it and rolls over uneven surfaces with ease.

And, NO those arent harbor freight lawnmower wheels. The wheels are made of some fancy composite stuff developed by dudes in lab coats. The wheels are stronger than the jack is actually. I've seen some first hand "go ahead and try and break it" efforts. These are tougher than hell. They make great jacks for pit stops.

Like the other version pro-eagle has, this one has a mount that not only holds the jack itself but the handle as well.

punchdrunk monkey

Thanks for the Info @dan200. I would take you up on the offer but I'm not heading to any races until B1000. Pro-Eagle will ship it for free but I wanted to give RDC my money first.

edit: Pro Eagle charges more, I guess the shipping isn't really free.

I'm just tired of my Craftman leaking all over my garage!!

Chris Tobin

Not that I work for RDC but, it's my guess this would be exempt because its a big heavy (48-50 pound box) and not a lighter package of t-shirts or some DVDs.

FWIW, I sell a lot of these and frequently share my vendor spot with their rep. To avoid costing racers/crews shipping charges you can order them from the shop and I will bring them to a race for you.

Ultimate Off-Road Jack

Also, they came out with a new jack. It got big ol wheels on it and rolls over uneven surfaces with ease.

And, NO those arent harbor freight lawnmower wheels. The wheels are made of some fancy composite stuff developed by dudes in lab coats. The wheels are stronger than the jack is actually. I've seen some first hand "go ahead and try and break it" efforts. These are tougher than hell. They make great jacks for pit stops.

Like the other version pro-eagle has, this one has a mount that not only holds the jack itself but the handle as well.
Good to hear Dan... I was worried about the wheels as they do look like standard lawn mower wheels... Glad that they are lab coat developed composites...

Might be good to post pics or videos of the "go ahead and break it" efforts as well as pics of the mount. I'd like to see the included mount for sure.

Thanks,
CT

dan200

#BSF200
Thanks for the Info @dan200. I would take you up on the offer but I'm not heading to any races until B1000. Pro-Eagle will ship it for free but I wanted to give RDC my money first.

edit: Pro Eagle charges more, I guess the shipping isn't really free.

I'm just tired of my Craftman leaking all over my garage!!
Ok, cool.

To be clear, I wasn't trying to "jack" anybody's sale here. I know better than to do that. I've just done the "bring me a jack to (insert race here) please" more times than I can count because the shipping can be cost prohibitive. I do the same with fuel jugs but it's because of their size, not their weight. People tell me it saves them time and space when I do it.

You picked a great product no matter who you bought it from. I couldn't bring you one for to the 1000 because I'll be way down the peninsula on a prerun trip and it would be tricky to coordinate how to meet when im in Loreto and you're wherever you are. I wont see Ensenada except when I pass through like 9 days before race day. But I can give it to a buddy of yours who might be at the October BITD race, or Offroad expo in Pomona at the end of Sept.

I'm around a lot. If ya cant figure anything out message me and Ill do my best to help ya get it sorted out.

Last edited:

dan200

#BSF200
Good to hear Dan... I was worried about the wheels as they do look like standard lawn mower wheels... Glad that they are lab coat developed composites...

Might be good to post pics or videos of the "go ahead and break it" efforts as well as pics of the mount. I'd like to see the included mount for sure.

Thanks,
CT
They picked up a 6100 at Parker and had him drive across the parking lot for quite a ways while on the jack. I am never impressed and that impressed the hell out of me.

Chuck, ( @C4 on here) has been working on promo video stuff. Maybe that will be in it.

Chris Tobin

They picked up a 6100 at Parker and had him drive across the parking lot for quite a ways while on the jack. I am never impressed and that impressed the hell out of me.

Chuck, ( @C4 on here) has been working on promo video stuff. Maybe that will be in it.
How about the mount pics?

Chris Tobin

Nice, thanks Dan! Are they strong enough to hold up on a PreRunner or race truck?

dan200

#BSF200
Nice, thanks Dan! Are they strong enough to hold up on a PreRunner or race truck?
This I can attest to from personal experience. If you look closely, you can see the jack and extension still in its mount just behind the cab after my driver failed to listen to me when I said "caution".

(I might have said caution while we were hanging in our belts after we rolled. But still, who the hell rolls a truck getting on the highway?)

Yes, they are strong. Very strong. These are already on all kinds of pre-runners and race trucks already. You could take the time and energy to build a stronger one but it would be a waste of time and energy. They are also set up so you can easily throw a padlock on it and drastically increase the odds of it still being there after you parked in down town Ensenada or even some place super sketchy like a hotel in Barstow.

dan200

#BSF200
I should point out the one on the truck i posted is the original one. The big wheel jack mount is brand new, like been in existence for a week or two. I might be one of the only people to actually hold one in my hands so far. Its plenty sturdy and will you would destroy the truck its mounted to before you destroyed it.

redline

Are these stronger lift power wise than a Brunhoezl (sure i messed spelling up)? Even the 6 pump is a fight to get the back of our tt up.

C4

Thank you Dan for teaching people about us.
Chris, We tested many different materials. I fought against composite because I know off road people (myself included) think bigger "heavier" is better. And as you stated the "lawnmower" looking wheels don't give a user a lot of confidence. But in testing we found that using steel or aluminum offered NO increase in capacity. Sure if it was a 6 ton jack then it would be different. We are talking 2-3 tons here. So when the other wheels ONLY made the jack weigh more, I picked the uphill battle of "lawnmower wheels" over the battle of "this thing weighs 70 pounds!"
I am a enthusiast first. My Dad started racing off road in 1973 and I have been going since I was born. I have numerous wins and 3 championships to my name. BUT I have more losses due to part failures. Many cold nights in BAJA thinking "Why doesn't someone offer a better _____" inspired me to build a better jack. It is not the best but I strive to be the best I can be. I wouldn't ever want my product to be the reason someone couldn't finish a race because of a failure. So I work hard to make it the best I can.
The race Dan spoke of, 2017 Parker 425, there was also a guy that gave me a lot of grief about the wheels and wondered if they would hold. He purchased one because Dan and myself convinced him to try. He lifted the back of their TT full of fuel with two 39" spares and it did it with ease. They are now a brand ambassador and I use them as my R&D. Their team uses 5 of them in total and they have one $2000+ fancy air jack that sees very little use anymore. Teams like RPI also use them and have been with us from the beginning. NONE of them started as sponsored teams. Every one purchased the jacks and then said, "we need one on every chase truck now". They love them because they can get the tires off the ground under the race car and we give them enough strength to lift a fully loaded chase truck as well.
We now have ULTRA 4 teams using them. Dustin Isenhour posted a video not long ago of a competitor that had broken a front hub. (truck was on 3 wheels) and they couldn't figure how they were going to get it on the trailer. Dustin offered his jacks, he has two, and they used one to get the truck to the trailer then the other under the axle and drove the truck on the trailer with the jack acting as the front tire.
I hope that helps to answer some questions.

Last edited:

Chris Tobin

Thank you Dan for teaching people about us.
Chris, We tested many different materials. I fought against composite because I know off road people (myself included) think bigger "heavier" is better. And as you stated the "lawnmower" looking wheels don't give a user a lot of confidence. But in testing we found that using steel or aluminum offered NOW increase in capacity. Sure if it was a 6 ton jack then it would be different. We are talking 2-3 tons here. So when the other wheels ONLY made the jack weigh more, I picked the uphill battle of "lawnmower wheels" over the battle of "this thing weighs 70 pounds!"
I am a enthusiast first. My Dad started racing off road in 1973 and I have been going since I was born. I have numerous wins and 3 championships to my name. BUT I have more losses due to part failures. Many cold nights in BAJA thinking "Why doesn't someone offer a better _____" inspired me to build a better jack. It is not the best but I strive to be the best I can be. I wouldn't ever want my product to be the reason someone couldn't finish a race because of a failure. So I work hard to make it the best I can.
The race Dan spoke of, 2017 Parker 425, there was also a guy that gave me a lot of grief about the wheels and wondered if they would hold. He purchased one because Dan and myself convinced him to try. He lifted the back of their TT full of fuel with two 39" spares and it did it with ease. They are now a brand ambassador and I use them as my R&D. Their team uses 5 of them in total and they have one $2000+ fancy air jack that sees very little use anymore. Teams like RPI also use them and have been with us from the beginning. NONE of them started as sponsored teams. Every one purchased the jacks and then said, "we need one on every chase truck now". They love them because they can get the tires off the ground under the race car and we give them enough strength to lift a fully loaded chase truck as well.
We now have ULTRA 4 teams using them. Dustin Isenhour posted a video not long ago of a competitor that had broken a front hub. (truck was on 3 wheels) and they couldn't figure how they were going to get it on the trailer. Dustin offered his jacks, he has two, and they used one to get the truck to the trailer then the other under the axle and drove the truck on the trailer with the jack acting as the front tire.
I hope that helps to answer some questions.
Thanks Chuck! I will plan on running one on my big DIESEL beast once we get it finished!!!

C4

How well would these work in the sand. It would be awesome if the wheel bearings were sealed so I could sink the wheels in the sand and use the belly of the jack for stability. Every glamis trip starts and ends with doing tire changes on 2 sand cars.
Every Pro Eagle jack has a built in sand plate on the bottom. We know that the wheels are narrow and will sink in the sand but that is where the belly pan comes into play. Our wheels and axles are strong enough to hold well over 3 tons and the bearings are sealed.

punchdrunk monkey

I order the Pro Eagle from the RDC store almost 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for delivery.......

punchdrunk monkey

We have plenty of stock. I have not received an order from them. I will ask them about it.
Thanks. I have sent a couple emails with no response. Guess I should of bought directly from you.

I'm not sure who here runs the store. It seems like it is an outside company??