Best "In Car Camera"

Ziggy

Reaction
Just starting to think about a camera for in the truck while racing.
Any ideas for a good one, price etc.
Thanks

Msquared

Reaction
For the money, the Go Camera is the best value on the market right now. Around $200, and the video image is pretty amazing for what you get. Also has a lot of mounting options.

mpower

Reaction

Tipracer

Reaction
Something we have been looking into is the new style camcorders that have solid state memory...the field of view is insane(as well as the depth of focus), auto focus ect.. and with a 16gb chip(32 and 64 are very close to being realeased) you get about 2hrs record time...price right now is about $2-300 mount it in a dustproof box and you are set....this will be the way to go very soon, they keep getting cheeper and cheeper and some of them have full HD, just have to find a way to wire it into the car for sound and power..

cancinoj

Reaction
heres is the complete set of videos, well, a complete lap of our last race, as i said before, the video is shown in black and white because of a little tech problem, somebody messed up with the dvr, yes, the camera is ntsc system and somebody moved the switch to PAL instead of NTSC, so,. i was able to recover the video but in black and white and croped widescreen, so, here you go

will translate the videos in a near future, haha,. sorry for that,
and this is the system, cheap system,

Amazon.com: SanDisk SDMV1-R V-Mate Video Memory Card Recorder: Electronics

Last edited by a moderator:

cancinoj

Reaction
forgot to say,. cctv camera with 4.3mm lens for wide angle $45dlls dvr $30 dlls shipping included,(ebay) 12v to 5v converter for the dvr, priceless , home built, haha,. 5 to $10 dlls on radio shack, 4GB micro sd $9dlls on ebay,. the camera comes with a rca cable for the video, the audio was connected to the audio out of the intercom,. and that easy. or just connect any kind of mic hidden in the truck with some cloth on it to avoid wind noise,. good luck.

mpower

Reaction
sick , ive been trying to find some sort of , portable video recorder . the aiaptek i had sucks and that scandisc thing could work out better. i use 30$ frys security bullet cams and it records better than my go pro. nice setup