Best motor for TT

gabe928

Reaction
Ok i was wondering what is the best motor to run in a TT. Does it all depend on preference or do majority run with same motor? I mean i know motor has to match same a body style.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
If I ever had a TT it would hands down be a big block. And I would have my buddy Brian Noppert build it for me.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Website
www.hnmmotorsports.com
Personally I say the Patton motors are a pretty good way to go.

scottm

Reaction
Website
www.cemaz.com
Most are 420 to 440 inch small block fords and chevys.

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Reaction
Website
www.flyhiflylo.blogspot.com
The best engine for an unlimited trophy truck is not legal.

But, if you are running a 20 year old design TT like most, a trusty, big inch, small block is the way to go because the lamo trannys, rear ends and driveshafts can only take so much.

One day someone with the bucks will pay for my design and win the TT championship for the 3rd time.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
The best engine for an unlimited trophy truck is not legal.

But, if you are running a 20 year old design TT like most, a trusty, big inch, small block is the way to go because the lamo trannys, rear ends and driveshafts can only take so much.

One day someone with the bucks will pay for my design and win the TT championship for the 3rd time.

You are my hero.

I dont know what the deal is with building these big heavy trucks. Build something light and nimble and it wont break every 100 miles

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Our TT runs a small block Ford built by Dougans Racing engines. Ray Feilds is top notch. He Always comes by our pits at the races to make sure the motor is running properly. He also builds Welchel/Huffman motors for thier TT and short course trucks.

Tipracer

Reaction
So fly, you are saying the current transmission/driveshaft/rearend combos are at the limit of current tech? With the restriction being the size and weight of current designs?