Best Neck Restraints ?????

scudder

Reaction
what are the opinion of neck restraints in the desert ? defender, hans , decell etc , need all the pros and cons , class 1 car

DBMETALWORX

Reaction
Iuse a hans, and like it so far.. I think there is a thread already in the safety section..

bajafoolin'

Reaction
i just bought a defender. i like it because you can look sideways and there is no backpiece like the r3 i wore. will try it this weekend and v2r

johnboy

Reaction
We both wear R3 Rage restraints. I think if you use a suspension seat, under big impact it will still have the back board to restrict head movement even if the belts aren't as tight as normal. The back board doesn't bother us at all and you can adjust the amount of head movement. I don't think you should allow much movement for real safety even if it is nice to look side to side, not a good idea to me. We rolled at Glen Helen a few weeks ago and had no soreness period. Priced at around $700 is kind of in the middle of the price range for restraints. Just one racers opinion however, but that is what you asked for I guess.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
We'll have a truck load of them at V2R, if you're in Vegas stop by and we'll show you some options. If you need it before, we offer free shipping and no sales tax.

We stock a few models and give you factual information based on 1000+ restraints sold, not opinions or regergitated manufacturer propaganda.

Give us a call and we can help you out.

800 438 5872

johnboy

Reaction
Can't go wrong with Jeff and the guys at UPR. That is where we got ours, stand up guys and easy to work with. Also they make a good number of our races here in Cali and Nevada.

sloride

Reaction
I as the others on our team use the Leatt Brace. I can only compare it to the D-Cel and can honestly say it is a million times more comfortable and easier to race and work in. No restricted head rotation, I can change a tire with it on and no sore/tired neck! Thankfully I haven't had to put it to the ultimate test but if I do I have complete confidence in it.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Can't go wrong with Jeff and the guys at UPR. That is where we got ours, stand up guys and easy to work with. Also they make a good number of our races here in Cali and Nevada.
x2 - Jeff hooked both my brother and I up with our R3's/ I have the Rage and my brother has the Hybrid. Both are the same size but they fit our bodies differently and the one we chose works best for us. The slip in pad with cutout works awesome in our Sparco Tub seats.