Best Off-Road Race Livery

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
211764.5-15171-Test_03.jpg

For some reason I always loved Steinberger's paint. The Wasteland Warriors video shaped my youth haha.

Riveria black, and Manny's Motorcraft paint were also favorites.

And some biased favorites...
319391_257210830969541_717452_n.jpg

1794_554279594595995_1002766344_n.jpg

Bring back zinc plating!

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
211764.5-15171-Test_03.jpg

For some reason I always loved Steinberger's paint. The Wasteland Warriors video shaped my youth haha.

Riveria black, and Manny's Motorcraft paint were also favorites.

And some biased favorites...
319391_257210830969541_717452_n.jpg

1794_554279594595995_1002766344_n.jpg

Bring back zinc plating!
That middle photo, I have a couple pics of that truck racing La Rana back in the 1990s, but different shock package. Did it get sold or did you guys update it?

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
That middle photo, I have a couple pics of that truck racing La Rana back in the 1990s, but different shock package. Did it get sold or did you guys update it?
Sold it, they updated it, then ran La Rana for a number of years. Last my uncle remembers seeing it was a Whiplash Grand Prix in Parker. That was one he would of wanted back.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
for me a livery is a brand. Its not just about cool graphics but it is identifiable and somewhat its own personna. Robby has done that with the Speed TT's you know its him when he is coming from a long ways away, its become iconic. Same with Ivan stewart. The greats had a constant brand that stood up over years. Herbst did it with the Red Livery and now a good version with the black and red.

We have only had 3 versions of our truck design and we try to make it different each time. we are far from having a consistent brand look thats recognizable. This year were tried to keep it close to Fiberwerx look as we were part of the team. We may have gone too far that way as many saw our truck and thought we were Jason's truck. But that shows that Fiberwerx is a good example of a consistent brand and identifiable livery. So its more than a logo or what the vehicles says, its an entire brand.

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
What about Rob Mac and the RockStar livery? That one was easy to see and you knew who was coming. Ran it on all of his trucks, desert, and shortcourse.
2 chicks were sitting in front of us in the stands watching shortcourse and one was all about Degan and the other was all about Rob Mac.

Problem was, by lap two or three, they got confused as to which truck was which.

Their cheering was the most enthusiastic, loud and confusing thing I have ever heard. We made no effort to correct them.

Josh Daniel had a better Rockstar livery IMO (The all Black that Mac had was kinda unimaginative and is only memorable because A. he's Rob fuggin' Mac and B. There wasn't any other Rockstar TTs. besides Josh and Josh didn't race his TT Miss Piggy all that often.

Josh-Daniel-BITD-Laughlin-Q-5-6-16.jpg

I may be biased about Josh because it was a TTTT.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
My new goal is to try and be nice to everyone I pissed off. So i tried to say something positive about Herbst. Didn’t really work but I tried.

Oh and I am trying to not say Haha, Hehe, or LOL. This is the new grumpy trying to be PC version of me. Yeah I don’t like it either.

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
My new goal is to try and be nice to everyone I pissed off. So i tried to say something positive about Herbst. Didn’t really work but I tried.

Oh and I am trying to not say Haha, Hehe, or LOL. This is the new grumpy trying to be PC version of me. Yeah I don’t like it either.

Mike
I used to hear people all the time tell Pistol Pete "Ya know Pete, if you were just more polite more folks would wanna sponsor you. Maybe shut up once in a while and you will get more support. Blah Blah Blah".

I never understood that^^^. It was like they were telling someone to be fake.

Don't be fake Mike. Be the guy who posts to much and humbly brags in depth about his mistakes. Otherwise this forum is just Jon coleman commenting on his own comments. LOL

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
I used to hear people all the time tell Pistol Pete "Ya know Pete, if you were just more polite more folks would wanna sponsor you. Maybe shut up once in a while and you will get more support. Blah Blah Blah".

I never understood that^^^. It was like they were telling someone to be fake.

Don't be fake Mike. Be the guy who posts to much and humbly brags in depth about his mistakes. Otherwise this forum is just Jon coleman commenting on his own comments. LOL
ok, here is my pic, step side trucks are 'off road ' race ready

Attachments

• walker_evans_1977_ford_f100-1-768x604.jpg
    walker_evans_1977_ford_f100-1-768x604.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • walker_evans_1977_ford_f100-3-768x604.jpg
    walker_evans_1977_ford_f100-3-768x604.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
  • images (10).jpeg
    images (10).jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1977_walker_evans_ford_5-300x300.jpg
    1977_walker_evans_ford_5-300x300.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
for me a livery is a brand. Its not just about cool graphics but it is identifiable and somewhat its own personna. Robby has done that with the Speed TT's you know its him when he is coming from a long ways away, its become iconic. Same with Ivan stewart. The greats had a constant brand that stood up over years. Herbst did it with the Red Livery and now a good version with the black and red.

We have only had 3 versions of our truck design and we try to make it different each time. we are far from having a consistent brand look thats recognizable. This year were tried to keep it close to Fiberwerx look as we were part of the team. We may have gone too far that way as many saw our truck and thought we were Jason's truck. But that shows that Fiberwerx is a good example of a consistent brand and identifiable livery. So its more than a logo or what the vehicles says, its an entire brand.

Mike
100% agree. Memorable paint schemes were tied to manufactures, brands or a product.

If I say Rough Riders Ford, you know what it looked like and what colors no matter what class of truck it was. TT, 8 or 7s.

If I say Chevy Thunder we all think about Ragland’s TT or one of the other Chevy trucks with the orange lighting bolt.

Walkers Dodge program. They had vehicles in several classes and they all ran the same colors and design. Everyone associates the rainbow color stripes with Walker & Dodge.

If I say Duralast you know not only the product, but the truck, the sound, the colors and the team too. How many truck could you know by just the sound of the engine? This truck & Robby’s. Everyone else just sounds the same!

If I say Toyota or PPI you know exactly the vehicle, driver and design, even though it changed once.

What about the original Energy Drink TT? Robby’s Red Bull paint job and his matching helmet. Oh and that sound!

How many remember the Sage Council? If you do tell me what you remember? I bet it’s one thing.