RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Another good one:

1627576843554.png

I find I like the bright highlighter-type colors

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
For Sage Council, before or after the pink 5 car? How's that for memory?
Nailed it! They had a Pink car in almost every class. Pretty cool concept how you had guys all in different classes, but under one team/pit support, all running the same color and the Sage Council name on the side. I can’t remember if they all ran the same tire brand or if they ran multiple brands? I think allot were on Yellow letter Goodyear’s?

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
I remember Goodyears. I also remember multiple 5 cars in the same race a few times. It was a super team concept before there were super teams.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
I remember Goodyears. I also remember multiple 5 cars in the same race a few times. It was a super team concept before there were super teams.
Now that I think about it, there were a few other super teams before Sage Council. The Uniroyal Laredos was one. JD Brand(although very short lived I think) was another. Don't know how many Jack in the Box cars were running at the same time. And of course Stroppe.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Now that I think about it, there were a few other super teams before Sage Council. The Uniroyal Laredos was one. JD Brand(although very short lived I think) was another. Don't know how many Jack in the Box cars were running at the same time. And of course Stroppe.
Rich Minga had a group team, where the cars were all painted his colors and race the Baja Concepts logo on them. The “group or club” concept helped teams team up to pit each other, get better costs on parts etc. Rich was in his class 5 Porsche, Ken Stroud with in class10 which at the time was beam cars (pre12) and I don’t remember the others, but they had 6-8 cars in the club.

I’m actually surprised we have not seen this concept used today? Maybe because we have more Pit Clubs you can hire at the races, that these “Sage Council” concepts are not needed or desired anymore?

Last edited:

MikeAdams

RDC Crypto
La Victoria? I remember Parker in the 90s when Robby had the Ranger and they had a fleet of air cooled race cars. I was in awe.

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
Rich Minga had a group team, where the cars were all painted his colors and race the Baja Concepts logo on them. The “group or club” concept helped teams team up to pit each other, get better costs on parts etc. Rich was in his class 5 Porsche, Ken Stroud with in class10 which at the time was beam cars (pre12) and I don’t remember the others, but they had 6-8 cars in the club.

I’m actually surprised we have not seen this concept used today? Maybe because we have more Pit Clubs you can hire at the races, that these “Sage Council” concepts are not needed or desired anymore?
It’s coming back just wait

ACME

RDC Crypto
You guys nailed it with the Rough Riders, Robby's Valvoline, Ivan's, Steinberger's and Riviera. The artists that did paint work back on the trucks and buggies back in the day were soo creative & talented as compared to the computer generated vinyl graphics of today. Other favs include: Dailey's 5/16, Tideman's 1600, Bob Gordons Millennium, Red/Black Riviera AWD buggy, Day Gang's 16, Dejongs Manx, Herbst basic red, LVDC (white) and I forget who it was (Bro G will remember LOL) that had the 1600 car that was green on one side and orange on the other. I always liked the cars you could see a mile away. There were a ton of cool buggies out there that had killer paint, not only trucks...

A few of my other favs (some were real, some fantasy, others took creative liberty):

Ellisons
1628010176291.png

Rough Riders

1628010584146.png

Huffman
1628010928778.png

Steinberger
1628011157381.png

Kisner's Class 9
1628012728130.png

Jimmy's Lothringer (it was graphics , but still cool)
1628011928912.png

Last edited: