• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best offroad jack?

calexiraptor

dont hate me if this has been covered but the search button only gave me 5 results and not what i wanted.

So what jack do you guys recommend from experience? Ive been looking at the pro eagle.

B. R C Arrow

Pro eagle all the way, quality for a low cost.

calexiraptor

The Pro Eagle looks to be the same or VERY Similar to the RDC Ultimate Off Road Jack...

race-dezert.com Store - The RDC Ultimate Off-Road Jack
Do you have this jack? I was thinking of putting it inside a tuffy lockbox that goes underneath the rear seat of the silverado. The resting height of the jack would be a factor. It looks like the jack fits inside the lockbox. Anyone have the measurements of the jack in its resting stance without the extension mount??

Last edited:

B. R C Arrow

That's cause it is the pro eagle jack lol. You can see pro eagle logo on top where all the warnings are.

dan200

#BSF200
pro- eagle jack is legit. I sell tons of them. TONS.
Usually people add skid plates under their jack so they work in the dirt and they usually disable the ability for the jack to still roll around in the garage. The way these were designed, they don't lose any of the wheels so your "offroad jack" is also a great garage jack.

The hardware is all upgraded and has ny-locks or threadlock on the threads so it wont rattle apart.

The extension is cool and locks into a cradle when not in use. It comes with a 5-8 extension and you can get a longer one (8-13 inches) if you need the extra lift. The mounting plate is cool. The warranty is legit. This is a great product. Ready to go without modification. Totally worth the modest $250.00 price tag.

C4

Do you have this jack? I was thinking of putting it inside a tuffy lockbox that goes underneath the rear seat of the silverado. The resting height of the jack would be a factor. It looks like the jack fits inside the lockbox. Anyone have the measurements of the jack in its resting stance without the extension mount??
The jack stands just over 9" without the extension. There is a bolt on cradle to hold the extension when not in use and that adds another inch when the extension is in the cradle. Obviously that part does not have to be bolted in place if the space is tight.

dan200

#BSF200
The jack stands just over 9" without the extension. There is a bolt on cradle to hold the extension when not in use and that adds another inch when the extension is in the cradle. Obviously that part does not have to be bolted in place if the space is tight.
The cradle is cool though. Since it's handy it can be bolted else ware in the vehicle or obviously discarded entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkracing

I use the harbor freight 1.5 ton aluminum jack with skid plate on my race truck. havent had any issues with it and its cheap to replace if it falls off

DeRaRa

Another vote for the Harbor Freight I have the alum 2.5 mounted on my pre runner for the last 5 years never let me down like other brands I have used, and if you buy it when on sale and use a coupon its close to $100.

Chris Tobin

I do not, but it is the one I will likely be installing on my truck, unless I go with a screw jack of some kind...

cosmo

Super Moderator
I use the harbor freight 1.5 ton aluminum jack with skid plate on my race truck. havent had any issues with it and its cheap to replace if it falls off
How is this holding up? Thinking of getting one for pitting a 12 car?

Last edited:

rkracing

How is this holding up? Thinking of getting one for pitting a 12 car?
Its holding up good still lifts the front of my truck without a problem. Good jack if youre on a budget maybe look at getting an extension for the extra lift height

cosmo

Super Moderator
rkracing, thanks for the reply. Yes, I'd have to come up with an extension, maybe wheels(?) or a skid.

Dave In Florida

Has anyone had to buy parts for a Pro Eagle jack? I really don't mind spending the money, but I'm worried that if I ever need to buy parts I'll either meet resistance or just be out of luck.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Didn’t want to start a new thread and knew about the pro eagle jack but have also seen some shops making 4130 scissor jacks.

I got half way out to the dezert yesterday and remembered I brought everything BUT my jack.

Been thinking about something that can stay inside my 4Runner. I have a highlift (never used it, and don’t know how to use it, plus it’s heavy af) have a garage jack it’s too heavy for day trip.

What else is out there? Isn’t there a tube type jack that uses an impact to operate? Who is it selling the scissor lift jacks? Or just go pro eagle?