Best place to live

EDDIE

Ok,the wife and I would like to move to southern California.Wheres a good place for work,family,fun of course,but not terribly expensive and not in a giant city.To be honest
I would also consider moving to mexico if i could find work but that almost seems unrealistic.

find work but that almost seems unrealistic.
Seems to be the same in CA right now with various reports of unemployment reaching 10-20%.

Probably not a good move at this time unless you have plenty of funds to see you through. Especially if you want to live where sk recommends.

Good Luck! Will you need a work visa?

troyharper

DA Meatball
Ok,the wife and I would like to move to southern California.Wheres a good place for work,family,fun of course,but not terribly expensive and not in a giant city.To be honest
I would also consider moving to mexico if i could find work but that almost seems unrealistic.
You cannot legaly work in mexco.
But you could live on the beach & commute to the states. :)

Troy,
Are there non-citizen, non-resident work visas that are valid more than a couple months?

EDDIE

I'm Canadian but my wife is American so i'm not even sure if i would be allowed to work...
Whats San Bernardino like?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
San Diego would probably be the best....border to mexico, close to most off road races, beautiful city, some parts are inexpensive (relatively)...

troyharper

DA Meatball
Troy,
Are there non-citizen, non-resident work visas that are valid more than a couple months?
I think thats a "FM3"visa.
My retired friends are going through a whole bunch of BS because he was buildng custom cabnets for neighbor (taking work from the locals) They are currently trying to seize his home.

EDDIE

I'm trying to compare real estate prices right now but its hard to know where is a good area is without being there.I've only been down in that area a few times.Love the Baja though

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
I'm trying to compare real estate prices right now but its hard to know where is a good area is without being there.I've only been down in that area a few times.Love the Baja though
Eastlake in San Diego

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Google Earth.

You get to see how much city there really is.

(Pssst, it's all city) ;):D

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
or even better.....McMillin Lomas Verdes off of La Media Rd.....mom's got a place in front of Corky McMillin Elementary...what better school to send your kids...to a school named after an off road legend!!! WOW

Racbaja

You guys are crazy, the best place hands down is El Centro. Moved back here in 2001 from San Clamente. Unemplyment 26% and the current temp right now at 8:00pm is 101. But seriously I kick myself everyday for moving from San Clamente, best place I ever lived.

Ron Plunkett
Plunkett Racing 557

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
You guys are crazy, the best place hands down is El Centro. Moved back here in 2001 from San Clamente. Unemplyment 26% and the current temp right now at 8:00pm is 101. But seriously I kick myself everyday for moving from San Clamente, best place I ever lived.

Ron Plunkett
Plunkett Racing 557
u still live in san clemente ?