• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best place to stay with race car + trailer Ensenada for 500

mxben

Do you guys like Air bnb or are there some nice hotels that are a secret that work for a whole race trailer set up and 10 people?

rocky4by

Horsepower ranch👍 we camp there and you can use the showers and toilets. when camping there you get still get there breakfast and dinner which is GREAT food.
They also do have rooms if that's what need, but we like to race on the cheap😄 so we camp.

AZFR8TRAIN

The Coral The trophy guys stay there for a reason . It is really nice You can find safe comfortable places an Airbnb but you have to do research and ask questions about parking

MikeLeung

Airbnbs great...but you have to really research and ask the owner about trailers, parking spaces and security.

43mod

Hp ranch. Seems a bit costly some days when you are gone but overall pretty good. Much better now than a few years back

Aroberson

I have only stayed at Estero, and it was nice when not alot of teams stayed there, seems like it is pretty crowded now though

BajaboundMoto

are there some nice hotels that are a secret that work for a whole race trailer set up and 10 people?
Secret? LOL
This late in the game you're down to stems and seeds. Everything(?) with good parking and quality security is probably sold out.
So I'm guessing you're new to the SCORE Baja thing... I suggest you stay IN town as opposed to out of town like HPR as suggested (as much as I love the place and stay there more often than anyone other than Todd). Your hurdle is going to be finding a secure location. I say you should stay in town because you'll be scrambled with all the things to do, and walking distance to all makes it WAY easier and much less logistics. Stay away from town and need to do registration or tech means gather your people, drive into town, find a non-rip-off spot to park your truck, etc... If you're at the San Nic, El Cid, new Holiday Inn, Corona, Villa Marina, or those others in the thick of it you do it all right there, simple.
Many will disagree with me on this, but likely those people have some Baja experience and know the ropes somewhat.
Also depends on your budget. Almost everything doubles race week.
I have only stayed at Estero, and it was nice when not alot of teams stayed there, seems like it is pretty crowded now though
Not a fan of how they re-did the main parking lot.

AirBnB... Everything will say "close to all" and all the other BS. It's not going to tell you it's in a sketchy part of town or the "great parking" is on the street.
Without knowing the area exactly I wouldn't suggest it.

Last edited:

mxben

Secret? LOL
This late in the game you're down to stems and seeds. Everything(?) with good parking and quality security is probably sold out.
So I'm guessing you're new to the SCORE Baja thing... I suggest you stay IN town as opposed to out of town like HPR as suggested (as much as I love the place and stay there more often than anyone other than Todd). Your hurdle is going to be finding a secure location. I say you should stay in town because you'll be scrambled with all the things to do, and walking distance to all makes it WAY easier and much less logistics. Stay away from town and need to do registration or tech means gather your people, drive into town, find a non-rip-off spot to park your truck, etc... If you're at the San Nic, El Cid, new Holiday Inn, Corona, Villa Marina, or those others in the thick of it you do it all right there, simple.
Many will disagree with me on this, but likely those people have some Baja experience and know the ropes somewhat.
Also depends on your budget. Almost everything doubles race week.
Not a fan of how they re-did the main parking lot.

AirBnB... Everything will say "close to all" and all the other BS. It's not going to tell you it's in a sketchy part of town or the "great parking" is on the street.
Without knowing the area exactly I wouldn't suggest it.

I booked a 6 bedroom house in a gated community with a four car garage 3 minutes from contingency. Up on the hill on the way into town. Thanks for the reply.

LOL

MasTacos

I booked a 6 bedroom house in a gated community with a four car garage 3 minutes from contingency. Up on the hill on the way into town. Thanks for the reply.

LOL
I'm not sure if you're throwing shade or not but Tim has forgotten more about Baja and how to get around it than 90% of the people on these forums.

I wish you the best with your accommodations.

mxben

I'm not sure if you're throwing shade or not but Tim has forgotten more about Baja and how to get around it than 90% of the people on these forums.

I wish you the best with your accommodations.
i should have qualified my question with facts like I’ve done the race and staged out of the Fontana. And air bnb last year. Wanted to know if there was something I was missing I feel like I got lucky with the spot we grabbed. Seems like you need to book that stuff early.

this will be the first year with four wheels for us. What’s a good spot in La Paz for the finish of the 1000? Hotel

43mod

For single guys there is no better than the Paradise Hotel. The menu is.... uhm.... very complete. Also the food,rooms and parking are good 😊

johndjmix

Personally I highly recomend AGAINST air bnb. The year we did that was the only year we had stuff stolen, about $3,000 worth of rigid lightbars among other parts. Unless you know the location from someone that used it in the past, i wouldnt do it.

Honda48X

i should have qualified my question with facts like I’ve done the race and staged out of the Fontana. And air bnb last year. Wanted to know if there was something I was missing I feel like I got lucky with the spot we grabbed. Seems like you need to book that stuff early.

this will be the first year with four wheels for us. What’s a good spot in La Paz for the finish of the 1000? Hotel
Lol the way you talk to Tim and your smart ass remarks will just make people disregard your posts. Good luck finding a place in La Paz.

buckwild

You might want to check with Baja Nikki you can find her on Facebook or Instagram if anybody knows where to stay it's her
Do you guys like Air bnb or are there some nice hotels that are a secret that work for a whole race trailer set up and 10 people?