Best race course Ive ever seen

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
Guys - I've been on RDC for about 15 years. A lot has changed and a lot has stayed the same. Still some really good input and some random posters that are really put of touch. As my Xmas wish / new years resolution I am requesting that jon coleman and michael.gonzales please stop posting useless and/or irrelevant posts in EVERY single thread in the desert section. Your posts do not add anything to the conversation. Yes I am serious.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and safe New Year. Even you two!

Flame on!!!!
Seems like you and I are on the same page...since 2019 at least. MG has calmed down a bit since.
1. Using the ignore feature just seems un American to me. I don’t wanna “silence” anyone.

2. Greens my Boy. I actually met him in real life. Was super friendly and I had a good time hanging out with him. He barely trolls here but his trolls are funny to me.

3. Coleman- he’s just everywhere commenting for the sake of commenting. RDC IS like watching a really good tv show But with Coleman here every other minute the screen turns to static for a few seconds and I finally get so sick of it I just stop watching and go do something else.

Seriously, John, before you hit post, read what you have read, realize your probably rambling, and you should make a small effort to do any punctuation that makes some sense and then ask yourself- does my comment help this thread discussion in anyway? Am I just noise? I don’t wanna be mean but dude. Your here babbling all day every day and it takes away from
Everyone’s enjoyment.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Seems like you and I are on the same page...since 2019 at least. MG has calmed down a bit since.

Dude seems nice enough but he doesn’t STFU. He’s not a prick. It’s just rude.

Sorry JC but this had to be said.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I try to keep most my shenanigans to purple. But yes, in my old age (lol), I have taken it down a notch.

Now back to the topic....

Viva Baja!

ACME

RDC Crypto
And I thought pre-running was to be executed at a controlled speed? BM7 revealed in his latest video that they had a race truck out there to pre-run at speed.
Right or wrong it's nothing new and I'd guess 50+% of the field preruns in vehicles equal to or better than those they race. Think about how many V8 buggies on 37's are down there churining it up prerunning or "preracing" who are not even involved in the event (I know a group that does it every year for the 500/B1K).

15 or so years ago a very well known & funded team told me they progressed to prerunning at moderate, then race speeds as part of their program as they felt it made them more competitive.

Hopefully if people do, they do so safely and respectfully as even the unexpected happens on race day...

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
In the words of Parnelli himself..."..most drivers are cocky and arrogant..." Or something along those lines when talking about Robby Gordon in Dust to Glory. I would dare say anyone that gets behind the wheel of a race car or holds onto the handle bars will be a pain in the ass to deal with at some point. I know I could be at times.

Did anyone watch the BFG pre-run video the Desert Assassins made?

And I thought pre-running was to be executed at a controlled speed? BM7 revealed in his latest video that they had a race truck out there to pre-run at speed.
Cameron is the most safety minded person you probably haven’t met. The high speed stuff is shot with spotters with radios on both ends. They are set up shots for entertainment and making the video. He is not prerunning at speed. He uses spotters everywhere. He’ll send chase guys up on hills in the middle of nowhere to spot for traffic and dust. He never goes down there with out a couple medics, (generally off duty firefighter/medics) sat phones, crash boxes, back boards, the works. I won’t go into some of the tragedies the DA has experienced down there on bike trips etc but know this: Cameron Steele has dealt with incredible loss down there and does everything he can to eliminate that and still have an adventure in baja.
When people get into trouble down there if they know Cameron at all they call him. He’s dealt with everything and knows what lawyers to call, who you call to get the navy or police helicopters and where to set up for medivac no matter where you are on the peninsula. He also knows the few guys in the world who know baja better than him and how to leverage them for searching and help. To say he’s unsafe you’d have to say everyone else is suicidal. The more you know. 🤗

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
BM7 probably had a helicopter too. Don’t be that guy that is looking for ways to make himself important on the interwebs. These guys have sponsors and they earn their pay as much by making videos as they do by racing. It’s incredibly hard to keep a sponsor if you screw up so saftey is job 1 cause monster and redbull aren’t gonna stand for rotten press.

Goober

RDC Crypto
BM7 probably had a helicopter too. Don’t be that guy that is looking for ways to make himself important on the interwebs. These guys have sponsors and they earn their pay as much by making videos as they do by racing. It’s incredibly hard to keep a sponsor if you screw up so saftey is job 1 cause monster and redbull aren’t gonna stand for rotten press.
No helos at night.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Cameron is the most safety minded person you probably haven’t met. The high speed stuff is shot with spotters with radios on both ends. They are set up shots for entertainment and making the video. He is not prerunning at speed. He uses spotters everywhere. He’ll send chase guys up on hills in the middle of nowhere to spot for traffic and dust. He never goes down there with out a couple medics, (generally off duty firefighter/medics) sat phones, crash boxes, back boards, the works. I won’t go into some of the tragedies the DA has experienced down there on bike trips etc but know this: Cameron Steele has dealt with incredible loss down there and does everything he can to eliminate that and still have an adventure in baja.
When people get into trouble down there if they know Cameron at all they call him. He’s dealt with everything and knows what lawyers to call, who you call to get the navy or police helicopters and where to set up for medivac no matter where you are on the peninsula. He also knows the few guys in the world who know baja better than him and how to leverage them for searching and help. To say he’s unsafe you’d have to say everyone else is suicidal. The more you know. 🤗
If I came across as suggesting that Cameron and crew were being unsafe I apologize. I have met Cameron. He is a good dude. I stopped while pre-running Matomi wash in 06 while he was changing a belt on his buggy pre-runner. When I went to start my KX 500 I fouled the plug. I had everything I needed to change it, but it wasn't a quick process with the tank removal. They waited for a solid 30 minutes with me so I wasn't alone. Then they showed me all the fast lines down through the wash.

I know Cameron and crew are safe. The high speed shots they had didn't appear unsafe to me. Bryce on the other hand stated that he was pre-running at speed. And while they had a chopper along for part of the trip, I know it wasn't flying while he was pre-running at speed in the dark.

I know I am a "nobody, has been racer" so don't accuse me of trying to be something I am not. If they are safely pre-running "at speed" more power to them. But maybe it shouldn't be said on a video.

By the way, I thought the BFG video was great and I wish I was part of that crew. It looked like they all had a good time. I am sure BM7s crew all had a good time too.

Baja Belk

RDC Crypto
Everything except start to Colonet and BOLA to El Arco.

Running Viz to San Ignacio with a local amigo this morning to sort out the silt between 635 and 705.

Headed to San Quintin tonight. Ensenada in the morning.

This checks out.

Start to Colonet is a lot of things but it ain’t fast or easy…..

All I want to know…..is what was wrong with the normal crossover road???

JayQC

RDC Crypto
Nope. This is the gnarled real street run ever. 1976 in Paris, running wfo in a big boy 6.9l Mercedes. Before cars had ABS, shoulder belts, decent tires & brakes. Just you and the steel dash in front of your face. Enjoy the scariest REAL footage ever. he ran 13 red lights and a dozen stop signs without hesitation, only swerving to avoid trash trucks and busses. The balls on this guy are so big they clank when he walks around.
Classic film but there is some cinemagic in there.

The sound is an overdub from Lelouch's Ferrari because the Mercedes had 3 speed automatic and winding through gears is an essential part of the feeling he wanted for the movie, on top of giving an impression of speed in the "slower" portions.

They did it early in the morning to avoid traffic, reached 200km/h on the longest stretch, the roads were NOT closed, and at some points you can see a dude with a radio giving the clear for pedestrians. They had a few people along the route doing that.

It is one take. Took some lovely balls to release this in theaters.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
They had 1 "people" monitoring traffic, and he was at the exit of the narrow covered lane. BTW, his radio didn't work so the driver just got lucky. The pigeons were real, as was the frightened pedestrian. The garbage truck and the bus were also driven by real people. But dubbing a Ferrari engine sound to replace a big gnarly V8 was cheesy.... Years before his death, actor Paul Newman was interviewed about his career and the reporter asked him "what's your very favorite sound in the whole world?". Newman said "A V8". He is STILL right.

Jessaca

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wickedracingca.com
Or had a helicopter chasing a drug lord crash and block it! Do we even need to add the theft of a corpse after that to seal the deal?
Lol. That was the first year my husband came down. After seeing all that go down, I was all, wtf is he doing down there. Lol.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Made it down to San Quentin today. Some schety stuff on the road from the big rigs. They were running down the middle of the road like they owned it. Passed me while I was doing 60. Both me and the guy coming the other way were off on the shoulder to make room for him. Good thing there was a shoulder. We had 4 trucks in our group and i was pulling a trailer.
Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.
Big day tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
RDC Crypto
Not where I planned, but in the end exactly where I wanted to be.

Very much longer story that I wi share when I can feel my hands lol.

Wrecked bad north of of the fish camp near the salt flats. I am physically fine. Thought the car was bent. Turned out it was broken bad. Didnt know till I averaged 50 over the next 110 miles to RM 880.

Incredible experience. Very thankful to have had the opportunity and I will keep going until I succeed in that car on a peninsula run.