• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best trailers for off-road vehicles

MADMEDIA

I have noticed with the growth of off-road there are more good products and bad products. I myself have been guilty of buying cheap poorly made trailers that weren't made to last, especially driving down dirt roads. It's pretty ludicrous to think about the hundreds of thousands of dollars of off-road equipment that are being hauled around by cheap crappy trailers. I wanted to see what everybody's must haves and favorite features are as well as preferred trailer builders manufactures are.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Good questions Matt, as I am in the market for another trailer for my old CL10 I am restoring. My last trailer was a Big Tex that I hauled my vintage CL8 on. It was a good trailer, but too wide for Mexican roads. This time I am going to likely have to get a custom trailer made with drive over fenders that will help cut the width by a foot and a half. So for me, no wood, drive over fenders, winch, tongue box, lots of tie down rings, and trailer brakes. Plus I would like a good secure place for three race tires and one (or two) trailer spare(s).

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
YIRO FABRICA

Check their ad in the classifieds. Great quality and better pricing. Off road racers making trailers specifically for your off road needs with tons of options available and delivered to USA.

Many off road racers already use these trailers and more custom trailers are being built daily to suit their needs.

Check them out at www.yirofabrica.com and on Facebook.

Attachments

green787

My old school race trailer is equipped with 55 gal fuel drum with gas pump, 75 gallons of water, 30' mast antenna, custom steel roof ladder, CR500 pre-runner, a fold down bunk, work bench, radio rack, generator, a Gulf Oil sign, and plenty of hooks to hang stuff... It's all done... all prepped.... maybe... I'll take it to KOH..... All pictures taken this weekend....

Attachments

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Yiro seems to be doing. It right.

I'd love to see a quote but seems they don't reply often or read emails and i don't speak Spanish to call them.

I found a local guy that builds trailers in hemet. I asked for a quote the other day. We shall see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACME

We just picked up a brand new Diamond C steel deck 10K "102" prerunner trailer" from Valley Trailer in Imperial and couldn't be happier! American made, full frame, mid deck, Dexter axles w/dual brakes and very well built, tows great and nicer than the PJ we just sold...

James from VT is also working on a "racer trailer" from Diamond C and will have some well regarded industry guys involved with it. If you're looking, he is worth a call IMO! He delivered ours to Indio, great quality, price and service 760 791-6753

Attachments

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare

I'd love to see a quote but seems they don't reply often or read emails and i don't speak Spanish to call them.

I found a local guy that builds trailers in hemet. I asked for a quote the other day. We shall see what they say.

They speak fluent English. I'll message them regarding your quote.

offroadracer516

The first pic is our older setup that we still use. Took two cars to Rage at the river like this. And the second pic is our 48 foot tripple axle Diamond gooseneck. Took another two cars to Rage with it. Got it for 9k and its already payed for it self in my opinion. :)

Attachments

Rory

Crayola Killer
YIRO FABRICA

Check their ad in the classifieds. Great quality and better pricing. Off road racers making trailers specifically for your off road needs with tons of options available and delivered to USA.

Many off road racers already use these trailers and more custom trailers are being built daily to suit their needs.

Check them out at www.yirofabrica.com and on Facebook.
X2 on the Yiro trailer. I just got mine a couple months ago and so far couldn't be happier. Trailers are not as cheap as they use to be and my last buggy trailer, although somewhat cheap, was not built for what I need now. I'm guessing a good buggy trailer will run you about $3500-$4000 (limited buggy or prerunner). If you're looking for a trailer to haul a full size class 1 or Trophy Truck prices will probably start around the $5500 range and up.

I crawled under a few of the Yiro trailers before I pulled the trigger on one and believe it could possibly be the last trailer I buy for a looooooong time. Mines 20' long and we went with the 96" wide deck specifically for Mexico. They are well built, thought out, and pretty much ready to go with the standard model. You can upgrade stuff like tires, spare axle, LED lights and other things and that's when the price starts getting into the $7000-$8000 range. After my buddy @Jeff Furrier bought one and posted a pic I pretty much copied what he had made minus a couple little things. I'm curious myself what others come up with for trailers.

IMG_3785.JPG

IMG_3784.JPG

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
A friend of mine recommended RONCO out of Escondido. Does anybody have any experience with them?
I live very close to Ronco and have friends with there trailers. They are on the cheaper side of trailers for sure. I wouldn't recommend them for off road cars. Like other people are saying, Yiro is killing it right now for best bang for your buck!

McCredie A

What is the name of the shop/ guy out of hemet building the trailer?

TYLER WOOF

This is one my dad just built. 20'x8'. We have received many compliments on it. Steel deck and LEDs all the way around. Probably adding a fuel station and winch. Very beefy and arguably stronger than the majority on the market. We are entertaining building more to sell if anyone's interested in a custom trailer or maybe this one?

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1481662207.234901.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1481662233.736126.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1481662244.265515.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1481662253.117468.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1481662268.258577.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

BITD_1021

Universal Trailers
Riverside, CA

Not cheap. Custom made to your needs. Just picked up my 30 foot custom enclosed trailer tandem axle 14k gvw.
The best on the market without breaking the bank.

SPROCKET

YIRO. I helped my old class 1 team get 2 and 2 more for team members. Thousands of miles in Baja and US freeways no issues.

ACME

If your talking enclosed; look up Millennium Trailers. We had a 22', 7' ceiling with cabinets we used for desert and circle track for 7 years, best trailer I ever owned and not a bank breaker. Overbuilt, aluminum and light on the walls/roof, great cabinets & finish, insulated and weatherproof barrier on the floors made it awesome! Still kicking myself for selling it...

PaulW

Skinny is good When traveling to Mexico and returning north you will find a full width trailer (108"wide) will use about 2' or more of the next lane even with your tires on the Krail.
Keep the trailer overall width the same as your trucks track and you will be good.
Usually we have drive over fenders or bed over design to get skinny trailers.