• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best trailers for off-road vehicles

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
2017 YIRO TRAILERS
Calexico, CA
$5,989
Call Elias - (760)709-9173

What you see here is a 100% BAJA proven Trophy Truck trailer, don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere with a broken trailer.
These are trailers built by off road racers for off road racers, we know your needs!

SPECS:

20 ft long
102" width (99" inside)
double 7k lbs capacity 8 lug axles
Spare tire rack for up to 39" tires (2 each side)
Steel diamond plated Tool box
Electric brake on front axle
225/90d16 Carlisle E rated Tires
8-65 Aluminum Wheels
2 Trailer spare tires

EXTRA ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE:

Electric brake on second axle
Extra toolbox on A frame
Spare axle, leaf springs, etc.
Electric winch set up
LED trailer lights
LED loading lights
100+ gal underfloor fuel tank dispenser
and many more.....

WE BUILD CUSTOM TRAILERS!!!

CALL US NOW
760-709-9173
2.jpg
1.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Jeff Furrier

I have YIRO, I thought it was great value and their service was exceptional. My buggy trailer was too narrow, but didnt need 102" so I went 94" wide which should haul anything I own and still keep me between the lines in Baja.

It painted red to match the Bud Honcho, which you can follow the restoration of in the Show and Tell section
Roger Mears Budweiser Honcho

Shameless plug? Dont mind if I do..!

yiro trailer 1.jpg

lem111

We just picked up a brand new Diamond C steel deck 10K "102" prerunner trailer" from Valley Trailer in Imperial and couldn't be happier! American made, full frame, mid deck, Dexter axles w/dual brakes and very well built, tows great and nicer than the PJ we just sold...

James from VT is also working on a "racer trailer" from Diamond C and will have some well regarded industry guys involved with it. If you're looking, he is worth a call IMO! He delivered ours to Indio, great quality, price and service 760 791-6753
I second the Diamond C trailer, best trailer I have owned so far. Mine also has the Dexter 6 lug axles, just keep an eye on your shackles!!! They use cheap shackle kits with plastic bushings, after a year and a half my shackle bolt almost worked its way thru the end of the shackle.

How is getting the Yiro across the border and registering in CA? I would also think no sales tax??

How much would a 18' yiro be?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
How is getting the Yiro across the border and registering in CA? I would also think no sales tax??

How much would a 18' yiro be?
Yiro trailers are delivered in Calexico, California with, I believe, a one trip permit so you can go register the trailer.

Feel free to call Elias Canchola Jr. and he will quote you and work with you the whole way. 760-709-9173

ACME

I second the Diamond C trailer, best trailer I have owned so far. Mine also has the Dexter 6 lug axles, just keep an eye on your shackles!!! They use cheap shackle kits with plastic bushings, after a year and a half my shackle bolt almost worked its way thru the end of the shackle.

Thanks we'll keep an eye on it! No knock on Yiros, we almost bought one. A few friends that own them only gripes are: No ramp stops on the front, paint not great and one had other issues he contributes to the non US steel. 14K axles are commercial (?) and one person we spoke to had an overzealous inspector which he said made the regi process challenging...

luvbaja2

Custom built my own "Baja Special" trailer. 86" wide x 18' (should have gone 20'). Driver over fenders, 5K axles, 4 wheel brakes, tool box, 30 gal gas tank, 2 spares. Used for my Class 8 NORRA truck. Now for my 1976 Funco "Staggered Tandem" for 2017 NORRA. Best trailer I have ever towed in Baja after 40 years of towing everything imaginable!
IMG_0630.JPG

JDDurfey

I like the look of the Yiro trailers and some of these others, but I don't understand the drive over fenders. I know it keeps the center of gravity lower, but I had one expirience with winching a wrecked Class 1 back on a drive over fender trailer to tell me to not ever buy one. I guess if we had had a floor jack with us it would have helped, but floor jacks don't roll well on diamond plate.

The other thing I don't understand is putting brakes on only one axle. Brakes on both axles is not a very costly up grade. Dexter torsion axles are great from everything I have read. We have a ton of trailers with the Rockwell American torsion axles and I am not impressed. We have bent several of them on oil field roads and to replace you have to cut them off and weld a complete axle back on because the spindles are not removable. If I were to run spring style I would carry an extra spring or two with a complete axle including hubs in Mexico. Don't see many trailer shops with parts down there.

Thanks we'll keep an eye on it! No knock on Yiros, we almost bought one. A few friends that own them only gripes are: No ramp stops on the front, paint not great and one had other issues he contributes to the non US steel. 14K axles are commercial (?) and one person we spoke to had an overzealous inspector which he said made the regi process challenging...
thanks for your comments,
we did had that 1 issue with 1 client where a ramp came off, I spoke with him and offered to pay damage and as long as I know other than that issue he was happy enough with his trailer and did the repair by himself.

We're an off road racers family own company trying to improve and be better every day so we can offer the best quality/price trailers to our fellow off road racers however sometimes there'll always be someone who will complain about one or another thing, things we always like to here so we dont get to make the same mistake again.

about the axles... we've sold some trailers with torsion axles however we're more into leaf springs since it is easier to replace any damaged part (which we always have on stock on mexico side) however both setups are good.. it all depends on the clients preference, about the axles we use 5.2k and 7k tandem axles which they are commercial.
At the time client picks up his trailer we deliver him all the exportation paperwork and documentation necessary for registration... I've been told sometimes DMV people are not very used to that however at the end of the day they were able to do it.

I like the look of the Yiro trailers and some of these others, but I don't understand the drive over fenders. I know it keeps the center of gravity lower, but I had one expirience with winching a wrecked Class 1 back on a drive over fender trailer to tell me to not ever buy one. I guess if we had had a floor jack with us it would have helped, but floor jacks don't roll well on diamond plate.

The other thing I don't understand is putting brakes on only one axle. Brakes on both axles is not a very costly up grade. Dexter torsion axles are great from everything I have read. We have a ton of trailers with the Rockwell American torsion axles and I am not impressed. We have bent several of them on oil field roads and to replace you have to cut them off and weld a complete axle back on because the spindles are not removable. If I were to run spring style I would carry an extra spring or two with a complete axle including hubs in Mexico. Don't see many trailer shops with parts down there.
its price starts with electric brake only on the front axle however you can upgrade it to both brakes as well as many other options, if I where buying any spring trailer I would definitely always carry spare leafs and a pair of shackles.
Drive over fenders do keep center of gravity lower and they're always more comfy to pull however it is not a must and there's always the option to go with a deck over trailer.

Attachments