• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best trailers for off-road vehicles

JDDurfey

There are a number of things I really like about your trailer. The spare axle and parts is a big necessity to me. I like the built in gas tank and the recessed D rings.

The only thing I would do differently is not have drive over fenders like that. I prefer a flat bed over the fenders. Winching/dragging an A arm over a trailer fender is not fun.

There are a number of things I really like about your trailer. The spare axle and parts is a big necessity to me. I like the built in gas tank and the recessed D rings.

The only thing I would do differently is not have drive over fenders like that. I prefer a flat bed over the fenders. Winching/dragging an A arm over a trailer fender is not fun.

Its a matter of choice. We build both but this keeps a lower center of gravity.

200MPHTape

Its a matter of choice. We build both but this keeps a lower center of gravity.
It was the 06, 1000 we were just before Puerto Escondido, I was the last guy in the caravan, the truck was a new Chevy with 4 wheel steer in front of me towing a huge enclosed low profile full of bikes and quads. Semi coming the other way, I saw and the other driver saw and he pinned it, I backed off, he just cleared the bridge when they passed each other, the wall of air just pushed the trailer off the road and was now crabbing down the lip on the edge of the road, rear steer made a tug and it jumped back on the road and bounced a couple of times, by then he was off the gas. There was no way he would have survived if it had it not been low center, there wouldn't have been any thing left for a yard sale.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
For a relatively light buggy....wait for it. A narrow, single axle trailer with the new Timbrin 7500 lb independents and 16" wheels. Sweet sauce for Mexico.

Zambo

My Yiro trailer came out pretty nice. I specifically wanted a small light trailer I could tow my UTV on with a 1/2 ton vehicle. Between the two boxes on each side, the tongue box, and the back of the Suburban we had more than enough room for all our race gear for NORRA. It also has a 40 gallon fuel tank built in which comes in super handy for a race like NORRA when you can't get premium gas or when PEMEX stations run out of fuel.

Its 85" wide, the bed is 15', and it weighs 2500 with the fuel tank. No problems towing with the 1500 suburban with the 5.3L engine.
IMG_2985.jpg

LRS1972

I drove a Dodge with a TT from Anaheim to Park City Utah on Monday and I think the owner said it was a YIRO flatbed and it was one of the first ones they built (he has two matching flatbeds). I was really impressed with how well it towed. Speed limits in Utah are 80mph and this thing felt perfectly stable the entire drive.

20180614_140538[1].jpg