Best trailers for off-road vehicles

NIKAL

Reaction
I'm building out my trailer currently. Tandem 8 lug 7K axles. Looking to add tire storage in the front, a fuel cell, winch, and tool storage. What are people using for the fuel pump for the onboard transfer tanks?

Thinking about it, we're just filling 5 gallon Hunsakers, I guess we could use gravity with a bung on the bottom. Already burned through one fill-rite motor. Thanks in advance.
If your just filling 5 gal cans or even dump cans you can use a simple hand crank or pull pump. They pump quick and simplify the system as you don’t need 12v power, electric pumps, fuel nozzles etc. And you can get a good pump for less then $100.

Tube ride

Reaction
42FA5741-B086-494C-9028-41788C1F773B.jpeg
B2F0E354-54D3-4846-85E2-A98BF161685B.jpeg
this is some military surplus thing , I think it would be small and stealth for my crawler. I’m sure it has a lot of tounge weight but if you got a 1 ton and a light under 3k load might pull ok . Does anyone know what the military purpose of this ?04424FF4-D6CF-4661-B50E-94163FCD393F.jpeg

paranoid56

Reaction

Tube ride

Reaction
68AF21B8-90AD-4F13-90DC-68D3ED6ADAAA.jpeg
I want build something like this but with the dually. It would be a ass dragger but nice and low center of g. I found these pic on pirate from years ago.

ciscokid8

Reaction
I’m pretty stoked on my Yiro Trailer.
How are you liking the deck over? did you have a drive over or deck over previously? Im looking for a new trailer and im tethering between the two. just can't seem to make up my mind for whatever reason.

Slippery P

Reaction
1CD9B8A0-F6CA-48FB-AC8F-1A3125EA7A69.jpeg
BE835687-896F-4F56-82A8-AE144F1D7ABF.jpeg

I owned this Playcraft 18ft for a couple years, obviously not a race car trailer but was really well built, built in AZ so had the good paint not the crap that peppers off the first time you tow it down the freeway. Hands down the best towing trailer I have ever pulled tracked straight and didnt push the truck in corners followed perfectly brakes on both axles. I used it to haul my Jeep behind my old 95 7.3L F-250.

Zambo

Reaction
I have a much smaller version of the deckover from Yiro, tows like its not even there and all the storage boxes make it a great alternative to a service body on the tow vehicle.

MTPyle

Reaction
I reached out to both companies and got a response and price from Yiro within hours. Vimetal never got back to me, ever. I went with Yiro and they were great to work with. Good value and service. Between the 2 I would recommend Yiro.

That being said if I knew about Dana and UTB West coast I would have had them build me one. I got a couple quotes for box truck box and UTB was slightly more but well worth it. They had all the right stuff and the best quality for not much more than the mass produced options. They build deck over bumper pulls and they look amazing. So my vote it UTB West Coast for any trailer or box's

Mike

ciscokid8

Reaction
So with the wait for a Yiro or Vimetals being as far out as they are, I had to find something else for now. So good ol craigslist had this for sale and I snatched it up for $4500 with all brand new tires including the spare. Its a bit big, but tracks excellent, and I hardly know its there and for this size trailer it came with electric brakes! Plus i'll never test it as i wont carry much weight in comparison to the limits. I have some ideas for some boxes for gear and straps and a winch etc, and i'm going to make a ramp for our RZR and buggy to both fit on it together.

Attachments

• IMG_7222B.jpg
    IMG_7222B.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 98