• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best trans oil for C4

JaysinDesignz

I know the big dogs. Maxima, Lucas
But Im in Baja and need to test some new oils I can get here in Los Cabos.

I have heard a 40/40 mix of Syn Dextron III & type F with 20 mix of John Deer Hydraguard.

RojoOjoRacin

I run hygard in my C6 with some regular atf for color. Havent had any issues for a couple races after switching over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaysinDesignz

Thanks its pretty expensive here. $70 a gallon. i can order it from the states for $25
But looking for something I can get here if needed in a pinch thats the same or as refills during races.

RojoOjoRacin

I get it for $75 for a 5 gallon bucket at a john deere dealer in Vegas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaysinDesignz

Well, I put in 4qts hygard & 4qts Mobil Mercon VI
My temps have dropped 10-15 degrees. I actually had to turn off the fans to bring the temp back up to 180.

Its was actually 750 pesos for 5 gallons. Same price as the Mobil.

Dirtracer 619

Well, I put in 4qts hygard & 4qts Mobil Mercon VI
My temps have dropped 10-15 degrees. I actually had to turn off the fans to bring the temp back up to 180.

Its was actually 750 pesos for 5 gallons. Same price as the Mobil.
Bring temps back up? I always thought you wanted to keep trans as cool as possible. School me on this thought

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app

Kyle D

Oil has to maintain a certain temperature for the proper flow and lubrication properties to be in full effect. Most people do believe you want oil to be as cool as possible which I wouldn’t say will do as much harm as overheating but you’re not doing yours transmission any favors. The additive package in the oil has to be at a certain temperature in order for it to effectively do its job so basically too cold and you’re causing undue stress on bearings and discs based on poor lubrication, too hot and you’re damaging seals and warping discs or plates. I’ve always been taught that at automatic transmission lives best between 170 and 205.