• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best US race to spectate

mexgamer

Parker coming up, and the Mint not too far in the future, it got me thinking, what's the best race to spectate in the US? Is it one of those two? Or maybe Vegas to Reno, or none of those. I have never been to a race Stateside, only Baja, so I can't comment, but I would like to hear your opinions. Does anything come close to Baja? I'm guessing not, but the question remains.

crazyeye

Parker coming up, and the Mint not too far in the future, it got me thinking, what's the best race to spectate in the US? Is it one of those two? Or maybe Vegas to Reno, or none of those. I have never been to a race Stateside, only Baja, so I can't comment, but I would like to hear your opinions. Does anything come close to Baja? I'm guessing not, but the question remains.
Parker for sure they don't charge for parking! And if your on Indian land no one fucks with you.

TwistedLinkage

IMO it depends on what you want to see. Big names? Mint 400 for sure, but you have to pay to spectate. Racing action? Parker is good for that and like crazyeye said its free to spectate. Shea Road fills up quick or if you have a boat you can spectate from the water too.

mexgamer

How much is it to spectate at the Mint? It sounds like both Parker and Mint are the way to go. What about the pre-race festivities at the Mint? Vegas + Off-road sounds like fun to me!

AZracefan

From my experience, Parker hands down! A list of places to spectate: 1. The start downtown Parker on California Ave. 2. The jump at the start in the python. 3. Cattle Guard on Shea Rd. 4. 3 Miles of camping on Shea Rd viewing Osborne Wash. 5. Bouse Area. 6. Shea rd north of Osborne. 6. HWY 95 underpass. 7. Bluewater road (boat or land). 8. Blue water R.v Park. 9. Parker Pytho (gauntlet) miles of areas to choose from. No charge and yes some area is on indian land and yes the CRIT fish/game are much easier to work with than BLM. If you don't have a race radio the local radio station broadcasts the race on there AM station. Qualifying open to the public on Thursday. Downtown Experience followed by pit crew competition that evening. Contingency all day Friday at bluewater and race saturday from 6am til late Saturday night!!!

Yes an off road race in Vegas is fun, no doubt. I've been to the Mint the last 4 years and it's a great time at the race and pre race festivities. There is only 4 areas to spectate from which are limited and cost a fee. Most of the top energy drink teams are there. There is not other area.to spectate from other than the spectating reserved areas.

Only from my experience and my opinion. .

biggjim

Id say the mint for the Pre race festivities and...Your in VEGAS!!! Mint has things going on from Wednesday I believe, Tech is the closest thing Ive seen to a baja 1000 and did I mention your in Vegas? I'd bet the P425 is a close second though...I have never been to one.

nelson979

For spectating Parker , all other races we volunteer for so we get good spots. Just did rate as volunteer it was great spectating

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

notime

NTR Films media guy
Parker and then Mint ill be doing both from the past 3years (actually Parker from last 10-15 years)

nohandslance

This years V2R will be different, at least day 1, and if you want to camp out (Nobody bothers you in Central Nevada) , there is plenty of access trails to get you to some good speed, technical, whoop sections, your choice. Since it is a 2 day event most racing will be done during daylight.

RATR. Racing all day. Shorter course so you see the cars more often. It's NOT BLADED so you get to see offroad vehicles race offroad.

BajaFand

RATR. Racing all day. Shorter course so you see the cars more often. It's NOT BLADED so you get to see offroad vehicles race offroad.
When SCORE had the old course the best spectating in desert racing was along HWY 160 watching them go through the moonbumps and drop into the wash. I haven't been to Laughlin since SCORE left but to my knowledge this area is closed for the SNORE event, correct? So for RATR, is there a good desert spot you can spectate? Not interested in the infield so the only other spot I know of is the high school jumps, correct?

I'm very excited for the BITD event in May. For me the best spectating is Parker, hands down.

BajaFand

Because there seems to be only 2 options, like the Dem party, the choices are dim

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Dude, maybe you should go check it out one time. If you've never been there, how can you judge? Spectating in my opinion is every bit as good as Baja in almost every spot. And maybe better with how many times it's possible to see the leaders throughout the race.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bajafox

Accepted
Dude, maybe you should go check it out one time. If you've never been there, how can you judge? Spectating in my opinion is every bit as good as Baja in almost every spot. And maybe better with how many times it's possible to see the leaders throughout the race.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
If I really wanted to go to a US race I would contact Jamie and volunteer. The last US race I did was the IV250, I worked check point 4. There is no better state side spectating than volunteering.

US races just don't do it for me as far as spectating