best viewing Vegas to Reno

xracer 71

looking for best viewing area Vegas to Reno 1st yr needing much help. I know race starts in Tonopah and they head out east and cross back over Hwy 95. Anyone know mm and good section watch high speed close hwy 95? Thank you

ndvalium

Rescue Director
looking for best viewing area Vegas to Reno 1st yr needing much help. I know race starts in Tonopah and they head out east and cross back over Hwy 95. Anyone know mm and good section watch high speed close hwy 95? Thank you
Well race starts well south of Tonopah. They are 5 pits in by Tonopah.

as far as high speed spectating opportunity in that area, best bet is near Miller’s Pit, Cottontail and possible Klondike. If you go much further like Weeks, there is a bluff that many spectate at right at pit exit that many enjoy watching the trucks down the canyons.

xracer 71

What's easy way of finding these areas like Millers Pit or Cotton tail? Brand new to area and have no clue where these areas would be. Thank you for feedback!!

ndvalium

Rescue Director
What's easy way of finding these areas like Millers Pit or Cotton tail? Brand new to area and have no clue where these areas would be. Thank you for feedback!!
Are you interested in volunteering for the event? Best in the Desert could give you a monitor spot where you can watch the race, away from others and RV accessible. If so, call Best in the Desert, and ask for Donald. 702-457-5775.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
I definitely would if I was able body. Paraplegic from motocross.
Please - We have a parapalegic on our Safety team and he is one of the most skilled retrieval people I know out there with his girlfriend pulling out broken and rolled cars. This weekend he just competed in his first desert race since his Motocross accident utilizing a custom hand controlled Polaris RZR.

It obviously still in your blood -

Call Donald anyway - I am betting he can get you a good spot.

J Prich

I definitely would if I was able body. Paraplegic from motocross.
If you're motivated, I would still recommend calling Donald. I am guessing BITD would be happy to set you up with something perhaps working with others that minimize your need to get out and move around much. Honestly even if it's just asking them if they could help you with recommendations on where to go I bet they'd be happy to assist.

xracer 71

Oh yeah, just modified my new RS1 as well and having time off my life. My thing is I'm unable to be in these temperatures for any amount of time. Just moved S.Nevada after living in Denver past 30 yrs and this first summer and my body wants no part of it at all. Speaking of competing have any of organized

ndvalium

Rescue Director
body's come out with a single seater class and or handicap class?
Completely different topic but there is some amazing talented para guys in off road. From Chris Blais, Robert Campbell, Andrew Blood, Jordan Kundert, to some newer ones like Forest Smith and Chris Crampton that just got their injuries last year. All of these guys continue to tackle this sport and love it. Their heart and passion is unmatched in my opinion and I am sure we could all learn some from them. Connect up with some of them if you are curious on how to get more involved. Let me know if interested in some contact info.