• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best way to start?

ttull001

I want to get into either LOORS Pro Buggy or Torc Pro Lite, leaning more towards Torc since I live in Virginia. Just curious if I should look into buying a pre-built/used vehicle first or start building my own? I still need to really read through the rulebooks for both, but just need some advice. I think my best option would be to find a team looking for a new engineer and get in with them, but they are hard to find in my area.

CYS Motorsports

I would definitely buy one. There are other Sportsman classes that are a little more viable to get into as far as initial cost.

MORR Home

Dirty*

I want to get into either LOORS Pro Buggy or Torc Pro Lite, leaning more towards Torc since I live in Virginia. Just curious if I should look into buying a pre-built/used vehicle first or start building my own? I still need to really read through the rulebooks for both, but just need some advice. I think my best option would be to find a team looking for a new engineer and get in with them, but they are hard to find in my area.
Hey ttull001 - Your best bet is to go to as many events as possible. Research for a full season and invest into knowing the sport. You will save in the long run if you do this. I would look at hitting a couple www.LucasOilRegional.com or MORR events and see if there are some teams willing to offer an arrive and drive program. Buying a used PL or PB would be a great option but again research the vehicle as it may not be up to specs. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions.

pontoontodd

Another vote for buying used.
There are some short course races in Pennsylvania you might want to check out. Like these guys said, go to some events, talk to all the racers you can, try to get an idea of the time and money it takes.

dbq61537

You might want to check into, Ross Hoek and UWeld. Both have had Chassis packages for sale, in various stages of build.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

handmethemic

Start coming to races, volunteer with a team (there aren't many that'd turn down free help) and absorb every last bit of knowledge you can.

After that, come up with a budget that'll cover everything you'll need to build your program. Then, double that number and add a little more (to be realistic).

Then buy a proven used car and try to get help from the previous owner.

(If this is inaccurate, I'll let drivers correct me.)