Beware of scammer (longthing321@gmail.com )on classifieds

johndjmix

Reaction
Someone has written a script to automatically reply to every classified ad on race-dezert.

The reply will be:

“Still for sale ? hope is in good condition kindly get back to me with your phone number thanks ..”

If you reply he will try to convince you to send the part ... you guys know the deal.

You won’t see the email until you hit respond since the from email is race-dezert. But the scammers email is ‘longthing321@gmail.com’, you will see this if you attempt to reply.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

John Cianci

Reaction
Someone has written a script to automatically reply to every classified ad on race-dezert.

The reply will be:

“Still for sale ? hope is in good condition kindly get back to me with your phone number thanks ..”

If you reply he will try to convince you to send the part ... you guys know the deal.

You won’t see the email until you hit respond since the from email is race-dezert. But the scammers email is ‘longthing321@gmail.com’, you will see this if you attempt to reply.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
I received this email several times on an ad I posted. Looked scamish so I just ignored it.

johndjmix

Reaction
Yea, same....just wanted to let everyone know in case someone isn’t so use to this kind of thing.

Just pisses me off people do this.

We should figure out a way to reverse scam the scammers and get something out of them. That would kick ass.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction

D-Munoz1472

Reaction
Just got an email from Mr. long thang yesterday. I thought it was odd that he asked for my number even though I put it twice in the add so I ignored it. But thanks for the heads up cause I was still contemplating if I should respond or not.

harleydan

Reaction
From mark lee or Tina Hello i am Tina smith by name Still for sale ? hope is in good condition thanks .longthing321@gmail.com i would have love to come see it and also come with cash but am busy at the moment I am from TX that is why am sending my shipper to come for pick up at your door step after you must have gotten your cash at hand kindly get back to me with your full name and address to mail the check to

ACME

Reaction
I received an text from my ad: "Jeep still for sale? Call me tks", I sent a response text, nada. called it back and got a pre-recorded message wanting to help me sell...

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
Reaction
I fell down the rat hole with an ad in the classifieds for a nice UTV for a great price. The tipoff is that he insisted on using escrowvehicleshipper.com That website is registered to a panamanian company and is a stolen copy of dasautoshippers.com. Glad I did a little research.

Avoid any ad where the seller insists on using escrowvehicleshipper.com - that "service" only accepts wire transfer and that's because you can't get your money back.