BFG 35" KRT to Debut @ V2R

Mark_Weyhrich

The new 35" KRT's are here!

BFG has chosen our team and Hovey to do a test race on them and provide feedback.

I have driven with these tires on the Trophy Truck and am very excited about BFG making them available
to the Unlimited Car ranks.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Mark that is sweet. Can't wait to see how they work. I can only imagine they are just has nice and handle just as well as the others..

mccallumracing

i cant wait to get a set of those on our car. thanks for the pics and info mark, good luck at V2R.

Racer Tim

Sweet those look good! Are they 13.5" wide like the 37" model? and someone should through them on a scale and see what the weight differance is.

Fourstroker

I don't see a reference to wheel diameter. Are there 15"s available?
I would think if he was talking about the Class 1's then they would be a 15". I would guess about 95% still run 15" rims

Tipracer

Do you know if these have the same side walls as the real 37"s ?? And please put em on a scale

Mark_Weyhrich

Do you know if these have the same side walls as the real 37"s ?? And please put em on a scale
They are 15" (figured that was implied) and they are the same weight as the Baja T/A KR's (Projects). In fact, they are the exact same tire as the KR's with the exception of the tread pattern.

Combz08

the funny thing is i run these tires on three of my other vehicles and told my bro they really need to make this in a 35 for a 15" wheel and look at what is going to be ready in the next few weeks

Mcarlson1

the funny thing is i run these tires on three of my other vehicles and told my bro they really need to make this in a 35 for a 15" wheel and look at what is going to be ready in the next few weeks
You got some pull dont you?! lol

Mike

Dezertpilot

That is a bad azz tire! Always liked the look of the "Brawler" tire. Its a BFG the tire will do well!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
So the big question is how are they going to be in silt?? I was told that the project tire was sub par in silt??I've always run the old baja ta tires and they seem to run good in silt and hook up real well!!!

dislocated1

I know of a certain black wrangler that would love a set or four of these!!!!!!!!

Tipracer

Mark my question was in regards to the sidewall...but if they are the exact same tire just in a 35" and in a 15" then it too should have the kevlar, am I correct in assuming this??

Mark_Weyhrich

Mark my question was in regards to the sidewall...but if they are the exact same tire just in a 35" and in a 15" then it too should have the kevlar, am I correct in assuming this??
Yes.

All of the Baja T/A KR series (35", 37", 39") are the same; "K" is for Kevlar. The only difference between the KR and the KRT is the tread; "T" is for Traction.

Hope that helps.

retroblazer

How does this tire perform versus a standard Baja TA? Weight advantage if there is any, strength, puncture resistance and cost. A 35" Baja cost around $230.

Mark_Weyhrich

How does this tire perform versus a standard Baja TA? Weight advantage if there is any, strength, puncture resistance and cost. A 35" Baja cost around $230.
On the first item, I have no idea. The first time we drive on them will be Monday, the week of the race.

With regard to the rest of the items, I believe I have answered all of them in previous responses.