• Forum membership has its advantages....

BFG 35" out of stock

Josh 8

I called Jackson m-sports to order ten 35 12.5 15 bfg's. For the up coming norra race and there totally out of stock on all 35's for trucks. So I am posting here today to ask people how race on other brands what my best options are that I can get my hands on.

Summit has Kevlar Goodyears. There dot tires but are they any good? Does any one have a line on Generals?

I am about out of time and might have to go to Costco. Ugh.

Thanks guys.

TRichards

Tire buyer BFG KM2 35x12.5 x15 ---235 ea.
I thought you were out because of your motor?

Josh 8

All of them for trucks are out of stock. The only ones they have are the narrow and light ones for 10's.

I found a 540 short block in Norco and heads should be done on Monday. I just couldn't roll over and accept failure.

Chris_Wilson

Buy me 5 of the 35"x10.50 class 10 tires and I'll give you 5 35" projects.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Josh 8

Ok. Email me. I think you have it. Thanks.

I still need a few more.

Chris_Wilson

My projects have almost full tread and the 5th one has never been run. Good condition, no issues. They are on my 4-seater and the lighter class 10 tire would be better for the buggy. In San Diego north county.

Josh 8

Well I am sure I can help you out with that but starting a race on used tire is like using a used condom. Worse yet some one else's. Laugh out loud.

I still need some tires guys.

Chris_Wilson

PM and pictures sent. These tires are just like 99 virgins.

Team Todo En

I have 2 used km2's you can have. 35x12.5x15 with probably 40% left. I used them for spares last year but got new ones for this year. I'm in Rancho

streamline

I have a new 35 project you can have for letting us use your trailer to move our jet skis. I just texted Dave Tilton letting him know as well.

powerbox_builder

OK that makes 2 new tires. You really only need to start on new rears. A little tire shine on the fronts just for contingency.

Josh 8

Thanks for all your help guys. That makes eight tire and I could probably make it with that. Plus I have about 6 more old BFG mud terrian tire too.

I did talked with out good year tire rep. (We purchase truck tire on a national account with them) and I can get there Kevlar Mtr for $187.50. Plus taxes. Does any one have any idea if these are any good? There a dot tire so don't think there the same as a project.

DezRacer25

Had 8 of those Kevlar Mtrs with no luck at least for racing might be good for street and moderate offroading. We called those tires Good Pops gave the last two away and was happy to see them leave.

SuperRanger

We have probably 6 used BFG 35" KR project tires that are still in good shape. Heading from CO on 4/21 to San Diego. PM me

Samco Fab

I have one brand new 35 x 12.5" x 15" Baja that I can sell, and I also have six used Outlaw 2 15" x 7s, drilled for 5/8" stud ( 5 x 5.5" bolt pattern) that I would sell for dirt cheap. My cell is 775-772-2332 if you need the one tire, give me a holler, I can ship the tire or wheels.

Josh 8

Thanks for all the offers guys. I was hoping some one had a line on Generals but it doesn't seam to be the case. I ended up going with 10 of the Goodyears. I'll see how they work.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Wait a second, was this a cry for help, or a cleverly disguised want ad looking for the cheapest tires you could get? LOL!

Ruesch 25

What ever you do don't do the BFG KM2 35x12.5 x15 ---for 235 ea. Complete junk! We went through 4 of them last may in Rocky Point Racing, they are a C compound and will not hold up! We had them on our pre runner that we ran in a race the Sand Storm 300. It's a 3200lb class 10 on steroids with a LS3 and Albins with a TQ Converter, and Jamar Out Boards. I was killing the class 1's and Trophy trucks and the tires kept getting center tread punctures. Not big rocks at all either small punctures that we could plug. Never hit a side wall and wasn't sliding the pre runner at all! Its very sandy down there and we were hoping for a cheep alternative to help us in a non Score or BITD event! Backfired!

JPU 125

RedRide

What ever you do don't do the BFG KM2 35x12.5 x15 ---for 235 ea. Complete junk! We went through 4 of them last may in Rocky Point Racing, they are a C compound and will not hold up! We had them on our pre runner that we ran in a race the Sand Storm 300. It's a 3200lb class 10 on steroids with a LS3 and Albins with a TQ Converter, and Jamar Out Boards. I was killing the class 1's and Trophy trucks and the tires kept getting center tread punctures. Not big rocks at all either small punctures that we could plug. Never hit a side wall and wasn't sliding the pre runner at all! Its very sandy down there and we were hoping for a cheep alternative to help us in a non Score or BITD event! Backfired!

JPU 125
Let's see this car! Would love to see how the LS and Albins are packaged into this 10 car.