bfg baja projects

nardiesel

RDC Crypto
wanted to put some baja projects on my truck but worried that they would"nt be good for towing what do you guys think do you think they would hold up

wrightracing.net

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wrightracing.net
I have Baja TA 37" on my F350 and they have worked great for 60k miles and now I am on my second set since I made the switch. I tow race truck trailers and toy haulers. They handle great and the tread works well in snow, rain and on a everyday sunny SoCal drive.
FB_IMG_1620939286123.jpg
PSX_20210717_135530.jpg

wrightracing.net

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wrightracing.net
Mine are BFG Baja TA's from the military surplus for the Humvee. The Beadlocks are also from military surplus and both have DOT on them. I made sure of that because I thought real beadlocks we're not DOT legal, but Hutchinson's are one of the few that are stamped DOT. I have had them a few years now and they have stayed balanced and do great in the rain and snow on the street.

I have drove a Class 8 truck with Non DOT BFG Race project tires, and they are slippery on the street in the rain. I would not run those DOT or not, they are scetchy in the rain.

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
My brother ran bead locks on his big Ford like that , At 90 mph red hot glowing headlock bolt heads started breaking and popping off , I got the wheels and had 5 or 6 broken bolts per wheel to clean out . He thought it was do to the weight and size of his truck humming down the highway . You don’t see the military convoys clipping along at 90 mph.

wrightracing.net

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wrightracing.net
My brother ran bead locks on his big Ford like that , At 90 mph red hot glowing headlock bolt heads started breaking and popping off , I got the wheels and had 5 or 6 broken bolts per wheel to clean out . He thought it was do to the weight and size of his truck humming down the highway . You don’t see the military convoys clipping along at 90 mph.
Something else was wrong with it breaking bolts. I do 75 to 95 all the time on the highway in my F350 in the picture above. The wheels are rated at 3500lbs per wheel and my Diesel only weights 8,100lbs. I have beat them to heck using the truck as a Chase truck in Baja for the Baja 500 and 1000 and I am constantly at high speeds in rough terrain. Now I am about 90 thousand miles on the Beadlocks, never a loose bolt and the tires stayed balanced for the first 60,000 miles before it was balanced again with the second set of tires. The second set of Baja TA surplus tires is at around 30,000 miles and no issues at all. My friends running them don't have any problems either.