BFG BAJA t/a's

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
BFG BAJA t/a\'s

Looking for some info on the BFG baja t/a's. I know there is BFG baja project t/a's and normal BAJA t/a's but whats the difference? Is there and other versions? What sizes? Looking to get the some 35x16 bajas for my truck 80% daily driven. I will probably buy some used and I am over the flat spots.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Re: BFG BAJA t/a\'s

You can get the tires that were made for lil mac and they are 315/75/16 I believe. They are the projects. S&S runs them on there truck now...ex lil mac. The Bajas come in 33/10.5/15 and 35/12.5/15 and are more like the mud terrain. The projects have a smoother tread and are what is found on most TTs in a 37/17, they are also made in a 35/12.50/15 I think. If you search a long while back you can find info on these tires....a lot of info. If you have a fullsize throw on some glass and run the 37/17s ...they are nice. I can get you a set from a friend for pretty cheap that he was going to run on his superduty before he came into some money problems.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction

You can get the baja ta's with the project pattern in a 16". They are the street version and will set you back about $320 a tire. Lil Mac runs 35x15 kevlar projects, specially made for it at the time. Now they are more common since class ones are running them.

"faster than it looks"

rdc

Reaction

Don't some come with a smooth sidewall and some come with lines on them? I allready read the posts from about a year ago.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction

The lines on the sidewall are Kevlar and are race tires. You will not find them in a 16". You will only be able to buy the street version which is the smooth sidewall.

"faster than it looks"

DougM

Reaction

I have seen a set of Bajas on a Ranger at one time 31x10.5/15.

BigD

Reaction

has anyone else had problems with the 315x16's??? my friend and i both run them on our F150's and they ride like trash...do you guys think stepping up to 37's would rob a whole lot more power and would the ride improve a bit?? i posted it on another thread, but my tires vibrate like crazy right when i hit about 45. it drives me nuts!!! they look cool and they are tough as hell but i dont know if im gonna keep running em....

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction

No matter what size you run they will ride like crap. They are a serious tire. They get flat spots, they get really loud once they break in. Go back to an all terrain you will be so much happier.

"faster than it looks"

Bryan_D

Reaction

I can vouch for the noise. And I will probably run a A/T or a Mud, either way they will be a radial either way. No more bias until its a race only application.

Racing5150Guy

Reaction

i ran 35' baja t/a's on my 77' 1/2 ton cheby. and they tear stuff up. my steering linkage wore alot faster and ball joints. they are a very heavy duty tire. the flat spots i can deal with. but the tire not being balanced became scary at times. definetly can hit all that stuff people dodge in the road though.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

I currently run 35x12.5R15 Baja's on my Toyota and they work great in the dirt....they are a little heavier but you can hit rocks that a MT cant take....for instance last weekend I was in Ocotillo and I had MT's on the back....I hit a rock with the front right and then the back right and it took out the MT on the back right, the Baja was good to go!

Yes they suck on the street in the morning for a bit with the flat spots but you get used to it lol...

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

fly97ford

Reaction

I loved them on/off road. The flat spotting is the problem, and the only thing I had to do on my ranger is run the pressure down to 14-15psi. Otherwise they were to rock hard, and wet pavement with that kind of pressure was scary.

Victor

Just4Fun

Reaction

I run the 37x17" Baja TA's on my f150. I love the whine that they produce, its not to loud like some 44" supper swampers or anything of that nature. They are awesome in dirt, and float really well in sand if you go to glamis at all, you dont really have to air down much if any. And the flat spots dont bother you to much if your used to them. I bought mine grooved also. Just a pain to find a place that will actually balance them right, I had to have them done twice in a day until they finally got them done right.
Jason
P.M. Fabrication

DPpatrol

Reaction

Anyone know why BFG made the baja's bias instead of radial.

jason

rdc

Reaction

How much more (estimate) does a BFG baja t/a tire weigh than a bfg mud terrain? 35x16 (315r16)

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

Strength.

Kris

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

37/17 project mounted with bladder...140-175!!

Kris

BA_DirtDriver

Reaction

I need to get some new 35 x 12.5 on 15 BFG projects KR for my Prerunner the fronts are getting pretty worked. Any advice about who to talk would be helpful, since the truck came with the KR's on it when I bought it. Thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

FInd a team that runs them and ask for old take-offs

Kris