BFG national back order

cusico

Reaction
image.jpg
image.jpg
I know BFG is a huge company in off-road so I'll take this issue up here.

First off BFG and Michelin have supported my endeavors since day one and I am loyal to date on work trucks, chase trucks, trailers, dirt bikes, rally cars, etc on using their family of brands.

That said, I cannot get my hands on any 37x12.50x17 KM2 mud terrains.

This will be the second time they have gone on national back order and not a soul can buy them. In 2013 I waited 4 months for some to come available.

I found two new ones at a shop in Los Angeles on Craigslist but that's it. Picture is of the "good" ones and the other two are slicks due to this shortage.

Please move to the correct location, but for desert racing it really sucks to have bald tires you cannot replace in kind on a chase truck.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Umm maybe you should get another tire.. BFG makes all kinds.. Lol

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

cusico

Reaction
I guess...load rating in a 17" rim, nothing available, or should I swipe the Amex for new rims too? Totally reasonable.

How does a company like BFG run out on such a popular tire?

Been looking since September

johnnyweb

Reaction
Personally I would go with All Terrains on a chase truck. They will last twice as long as the M/T's. IMO but then again I try to never have to take my 11,500 lb chase truck in the mud!

CodyParkhouse

Reaction
That tire in that size isn't very common. That is why they only do production runs every once in a while. Any reason you can't run the all terrain ko2? They are available in the same weight rating.

Charlietuna

Reaction
I guess...load rating in a 17" rim, nothing available, or should I swipe the Amex for new rims too? Totally reasonable.

How does a company like BFG run out on such a popular tire?

Been looking since September
I'd bet it's not as popular as you think. It's a regional and niche marketed tire. They sell a thousand car or light truck tires for every one of those they sell. Doesn't help you, I know, but it's nothing more than supply and demand at work.

07FJRog

Reaction
I just put KO2s on my SD, towing is worse than stock tires, way more sway with the same load, terrible in soft dirt or sand compared to the stock Michelins, but a quiet tire for what they are.

R Gordon

Reaction
We have the ANSWER GO TOYO as they are the best Tires and have 2 Styles in 10 Ply Open Country Mud Terrain and the all new RT we have them in all sizes

We have Racer Deals to support the off road teams

Call Kyle @ 1 714 632 0013
or E Mail krobbins@toyoracingtires.com

lil manny

Reaction
We have the ANSWER GO TOYO as they are the best Tires and have 2 Styles in 10 Ply Open Country Mud Terrain and the all new RT we have them in all sizes

We have Racer Deals to support the off road teams

Call Kyle @ 1 714 632 0013
or E Mail krobbins@toyoracingtires.com

Something tells me this guy knows his stuff and we may want to listen to him!

fathead

Reaction
^^^^ or maybe he is a bit biased. Would RG say to buy Toyo if BFG was his sponsor ?

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Toyos are nice but way too pricey IMO.

pwerwagn

Reaction
I gotta agree with RG. I've never had good luck with bfg's on my heavy trucks.

Go toyo and don't look back. They make a 37x13.50-17 in e range and a 12.50 in d, in the MT. Plus the new RT.

I've got 50k+ miles out of my last 2 sets of 37" toyos on my cummins, and half those miles were towing heavy and it always has a lot in the bed.

mv181aa

Reaction
ATD shows one in SLC. 25419 is the MFG PN.

I just chased B1K on 35x12.50x17 KM2's on an 06 Mega Cab, they did just fine. I'd also prefer the KO2 and have had excellent results with them on personal and customer trucks.

Another good possibility is the Nitto Exo Grappler, very tough tire, good sizes and E loads available.

tooltime

Reaction
I love my new ko 2's. Yes, at first and until there a few heat cycles on them, the newly improved rubber compound tends to walk around a little bit. After some miles and a few heat cycles the sway or walking of the tread tends to go away I noticed. The KO 2 and its new compound are great in all terrains including asphalt, rain and 6" deep snow.

johnnyweb

Reaction
My last set of A/T KO's on one of my super duty's got 100k! I had to do the math twice and was surprised. I wonder are some of the people on here putting larger tires on there trucks then saying the tires have more roll to them then the stock tires? Anytime the side wall gets taller that's going to happen. Also what tire pressures are running if you running a taller tire I would toss the factory recommended pressure out the door and dial the pressure in to your feel from there.

Toyo makes a good tire from what I have heard from friends etc. I can only speak of my experiences with BFG's on my trucks.

07FJRog

Reaction
My ko2s are stock size and for towing are terrible compared to the orig michelins

johnnyweb

Reaction
100K on a set of ko2's on a Super Duty. Not likely.
I believe it was 96k to be exact it happened. I just removed them last month. Rotation, air pressure and proper alignment do wonders for your tires.

2000 F250 super duty diesel 345k on her ticker now. 6" lift Fab Tech lift 35x12.5x16 BFG A/T K/O's. They were worn pretty good but not as bad as the M/T's the pictures show in this original post.

johndjmix

Reaction
I'm a big fan of BFGs but I'll tell you, defiantly happy with the general grabbers I put on my raptor.

Pre ran Baja for a few hundred miles no problems. Also my truck was used to chase the whole night, they hold the road good and are tough off the road.

Still like the BFGs but generals are defiantly good tires also! And much less $!

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com