BFG national back order

cusico

Reaction
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
We have the ANSWER GO TOYO as they are the best Tires and have 2 Styles in 10 Ply Open Country Mud Terrain and the all new RT we have them in all sizes

We have Racer Deals to support the off road teams

Call Kyle @ 1 714 632 0013
or E Mail krobbins@toyoracingtires.com

Thanks for the input last week on this, and may I ask for your help in a Toyo tire issue I am facing currently?

I heard that Toyo's were great so I put some on a Super Duty.

I was happy for the first 2,800 miles/five weeks of use. Highway miles on a commuter truck in S. Cali.

Then the lugs fell off under normal street useage and highway useage.

I felt the frustration when Toyo tire responded to the warranty claim with : "The consumer used the tires outside of the intended design limitations."

No prorated warranty, nothing.

Anyone in off-road knows that mid-lug cavities do not come from rock abuse. Rock abuse chucks out the leading edge of the lug.

My experience as a consumer of Toyo tires is probably much different from the premiere sponsored racer of Toyo, and My money, safety and time involved with their failure to warranty the tires has been compromised.

If RGM has a better connection/warranty than other retailers to warranty the two tires in the photos I will switch to Toyo's.

Ctiryan@sbcglobal.net

Let me know, and I will hit up Kyle too.

Thanks

Ryan

cusico

Reaction
Update....not that it matters...

Toyo: what a joke of a warranty program. No help. No honor to their product. Shameful.

BFG: Still on national backorder until Feb/Mar 2016. So from September 2015 and March 2016. Six months with not a standard size tire. 37 12.50 17 mud terrain. not a crazy size.

Just trying to buy some 37" truck tires....

Short Bus

Reaction
This place claims to have to have them. They have a warehouse in La Mirada.

MUD TERRAIN T/A KM2 - OnlineTires.com

Those Toyos really look like a manufacturing defect. As you said, rock damage would show some damage on the fronts of the lugs. Also, not just the damaged lugs would show rock damage. You would see edges of the lugs rounded and chipped as well as scratching/scoring across lugs as the tires spins over sharp edges. On yours, other than the damaged ones, the lugs are all have sharp, clean edges. Other than the chunks, they look brand new.

JasonHutter

Reaction
I just ordered 37" 12.50 17 BFG KO2's last Monday and they will be delivered on Tuesday this week...

dfresh

Reaction
I have used BFG for the last 15 years...would get about 35-40,000...never again. I went with the Toyos ...40,000 mi and still going. I expect to get 50,000.
Way less road noise too.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
100K on a set of ko2's on a Super Duty. Not likely.
I got 90k+ and still going out of a set of Yokohama truck tires. Amazing! I did go with the new BFG AT KO2 though cuz I really wanted to try them out again. Oh and I never rotated the Yok's either.

cusico

Reaction
The super duty weight and solid toe-in-and-go front axle kill tires, yet I have 58K currently on a set of BFG 37's older style AT's. 100k is a helluva push but is they are babied I guess.

At 58k miles, they are bald, but I drive hard in corners/etc. I could totally see a set of heavier tread more street tire like a Yoko going longer.

DezRacer25

Reaction
At least they have a new production date for the 37s of Jan 20, 2016. I've been waiting for some 33X12.50X15s since October and no manufacturing date scheduled yet. Might have to try those Toyos...

pwerwagn

Reaction
Any updates on this? I am fixing to buy another set of toyos and was curious if you got it ironed out. I have heard from a few people that the latest and greatest MT's are much softer than the ones we were previously getting. It also looks like there are toyos floating around now with both Japan OR USA on the sidewall...

--Jeff

View attachment 162428 View attachment 162426 View attachment 162427

Thanks for the input last week on this, and may I ask for your help in a Toyo tire issue I am facing currently?

I heard that Toyo's were great so I put some on a Super Duty.

I was happy for the first 2,800 miles/five weeks of use. Highway miles on a commuter truck in S. Cali.

Then the lugs fell off under normal street useage and highway useage.

I felt the frustration when Toyo tire responded to the warranty claim with : "The consumer used the tires outside of the intended design limitations."

No prorated warranty, nothing.

Anyone in off-road knows that mid-lug cavities do not come from rock abuse. Rock abuse chucks out the leading edge of the lug.

My experience as a consumer of Toyo tires is probably much different from the premiere sponsored racer of Toyo, and My money, safety and time involved with their failure to warranty the tires has been compromised.

If RGM has a better connection/warranty than other retailers to warranty the two tires in the photos I will switch to Toyo's.

Ctiryan@sbcglobal.net

Let me know, and I will hit up Kyle too.

Thanks

Ryan

cusico

Reaction
Contacted RG contact with no reply. Busy with Dakar I would guess. I wish TOYO would just honor their tires, yet it seems as if they want their consumers to lay on the sword if their tires fail.

No luck on the BFG's, still no date on when they will make more.

Desert racing and Jeeper's/Rockcrawlers are THE market for mud terrain and all terrain tires.
The racers getting tires for free never have a flat, yet the customer paying full retail cannot get a call or email back if they have an issue.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Contacted RG contact with no reply. Busy with Dakar I would guess. I wish TOYO would just honor their tires, yet it seems as if they want their consumers to lay on the sword if their tires fail.

No luck on the BFG's, still no date on when they will make more.

Desert racing and Jeeper's/Rockcrawlers are THE market for mud terrain and all terrain tires.
The racers getting tires for free never have a flat, yet the customer paying full retail cannot get a call or email back if they have an issue.
The days of racers getting free tires is long gone. There are select racers that still do but not like the old days. Most are paying for them unless you have a lot of wins/championships.

cusico

Reaction
The days of racers getting free tires is long gone. There are select racers that still do but not like the old days. Most are paying for them unless you have a lot of wins/championships.

I hear that....

Mike321

Reaction
What is the load rating on the Toyo's? That is definitely not working.

If this is for a chase truck I'd switch back to a more common sized tire/wheel combo. If you are having this much trouble finding tires on the internet, how much harder is it going to be in Mexico when the need rises to get you home?

cusico

Reaction
What is the load rating on the Toyo's? That is definitely not working.

If this is for a chase truck I'd switch back to a more common sized tire/wheel combo. If you are having this much trouble finding tires on the internet, how much harder is it going to be in Mexico when the need rises to get you home?

37x12.50x17 is very common. Grab someones old class 1 project tire to get home kinda common.

The issue is BFG pulls this size from production once a year for a few months with no backlog supply/inventory to support the demand.

The TOYO's are a CA only work truck 20" tire I put on with epic failure.