• Forum membership has its advantages....

BFG Project Tires

Jimmy8

from what I have heard, there are 2 types of project tires. There are the projects that the herbst and the sponsored guys get, and then there are some others that look the same, but arent. I think the really good ones come in 37 inch only, and I am not sure about the others, but I think they come in 37 and 35. I dont know for sure, mainly because I dont run them because we have a deal with Goodyear. Get Goodyear MTR's. They are an awesome tire.

Gabe Lara

I think the 35's may have been special...... I think I recall someone mention that they did make/ develop
special ones for the S&S truck (Little Mac) back when MacPherson's was running it.

Big_Matt

T.A.B.
The BFG Projects come in these sizes

LT315/75R 16/C (This is the special size that BFG made for the newest Little Mac.)
35x12.50R 15LT/C (This is the size the older Little Mac uses.)
37x12.50R 17LT/D

I believe BFG used to make a 37" Project that used a 15" rim.

There are three different desert tires made by BFG. The tradional Baja's, smooth tread Baja's and the Projects. The Baja's and Smooth tread Baja's have the Trigard side walls and the Projects have a Kevlar side wall. When BFG made the LT315/75R 16/C Projects for the new little Mac, they used the smooth tread Baja molds, so these don't have that side wall ribbing like the other Projects do. I heard it costs $100,000 for a mold.

<font color=white> "If you aint cheatin' - you aint tryin" </font color=white>

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Thanks you guys!! You have been helpful. I am looking to get the 35" on 15" rims. I saw the 315/75/16 this weekend. But I all ready have 15" wheels so you have been a great help. Now lets see where I can get them from.

The difference between men and boys is the Speed of their Toys

Jimmy8

I believe the 35 inch 15 bajas are around 500 a peice.

Gabe Lara

You can find the Goodyear Kevlar Wranglers in a 37X12.50 - 15.
I know they aren't cheap, either.

Big_Matt

T.A.B.
I'll try and get a price sheet tonight. The prices I have with me are a year old and if I remeber right the prices went up this year. BFG T/A Team members get a price brake on tires but you also have to sign a contract and I'm not sure what the contract said about selling or not selling tires. The LeDuc swap meet is always a good place to buy tires or keep an eye on the RDC Classifieds.

<font color=white> "If you aint cheatin' - you aint tryin" </font color=white>

desertracer

On our Class 1 car we are running Goodyear 35x12.50 on 15'' centerline rims. They have the kevlar sidewalls. They work great but they are not for highway use so may not work for a daily driver pre-runner.

Jimmy8

We run nothing but Goodyears on all of our stuff. The mtr street tires come in a number of sizes. The mtr race tires are 35's only and 37's in the works, and we have these on the pre runner. The GSA race series that we run on the 8 truck come in 37's only. I have seen the race only tires on street trucks and they will last you a lifetime and never wear out.

John Bitting

Administrator
I run the gsa kevlar all terrains in a 35x15 on my daily driver (Chevy). These are some of the nicest tires I have owned. They are stamped for race purposes only but they are really quiet and no flat spots like my old bajas.. But wait on my bronco I am running PRO COMP all terrains. Theses tires are quiet and are holding up killer. The tires have 15k miles on them and you would never know it. I have only been driving them for 2 weeks but for $125 a piece for a 35x15 and available to the public I think it is a great tire...