Big Bird Info......

motoxscott

Reaction
Anyone have a July 2000 issue of Offroad magazine ? Nestor said their's a feature article on big bird in there that I'd like to check out. If anyone has that and could scan and email it to me that would be awesome !!

Like so many others, Dale's yellow F-150 is my inspiration in life............as soon as I sell my superduty, I'm buying a '95 F-150, so I want to do all my homework now.

pciscott

Reaction
I got the magazine, and I know where Big Bird is parked. If you want some pics bring your camera and I will show her to you. She is in the process of getting a full prep for the Baja 1000 prerun. I also have the mag and a copy machine. Email me and I will set up a time, Tuesday's are best for me. Good luck with your truck! Oh and the owners name is Dane not Dale. Later.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
pciscott,
I noticed in Primm that Dane's back window was shattered. Was that because of someone sitting in the third seat or something else? I want to do my seat set up like that in my 95 F150 and was wondering if I have to put a lo-back, back there or can I run a normal super seat?
Thanks,
Steve

pciscott

Reaction
It was a rock this time, but if you hit a tree with too much speed the antenna can shatter it just as easy. Your head does not come in contact with the rear window. My advice would be to have your rear window tinted, it at least holds the glass together for security. That is window number three shattered in Big Bird. We also lost a forty spline axle at mile 10 and had to go around the course peg leg. We have been wondering how long the axles would last as they are the original ones with over 20,000 prerun miles in the past 5 years. Owe well we can re-gear her now as well the 4.56 is too tall and I have been trying to talk Dane into a 5.00 for over a year. She will be ready for Baja as we are heading down October 25th to start prerunning and building our detailed GPS plot trail. BAJA HEAR WE COME!!!!!

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Scott:
I hope you appreciate your new prerunner as much as Big Bird. She is something special that only comes around so often! I can't wait to see the two "battle" it out!

See ya in the dirt!

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
i might have it scott. Ill take a look tonight and let you know.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."