Big Daddy 150

SMS81

Thank you STORR for a great event this weekend! Looked like a great turn out. Hopefully someone will post pictures and info soon.

Last edited:

Ajam1

It's crazy to see people so close to the race course in the U.S. Must be private land? Looks like fun, We may be going to Texas to race!

One-Eyed Peter

Super cool! I live in Dallas so it looks to be the closest legit desert racing for me. I’ll be there for the next one!

One-Eyed Peter

Also check out TDRA, Texas desert race association, they have an event coming up that is a little closer for you.
Sweet. Thank you! I had looked into them in the past, but it seemed like the races were cancelled all the time and their site wasn't updated much. But I just looked on their FB and it looks like there is a "Race to Midnight" coming up on July 10-12. I hope to go check it out. Possibly volunteer if they need it. Cheers!

fennfab

Hello dez peeps, I am with storr and we would love to get more people out to our races, the tracks are very rough with woops almost the whole way, they are a bit narrow and hard to pass but super fun, low entry fee and a lot of help on the course and a good atmosphere. Next race is in september, 50 mile loop 250 total, hope some new people come out.

spalind

We may have already talked but I am looking to come out from NH for the race. Looking forward to it. The videos and photos don't make it look that rough (by "rough" I mean rocky). Woops will be interesting for us in our limited class (best I can figure for a description) truck but we'll keep plugging...

Hello dez peeps, I am with storr and we would love to get more people out to our races, the tracks are very rough with woops almost the whole way, they are a bit narrow and hard to pass but super fun, low entry fee and a lot of help on the course and a good atmosphere. Next race is in september, 50 mile loop 250 total, hope some new people come out.

MTPyle

great video. Look like they are moving.

Is this a lap race? or did they get to pre run?

Mike

SMS81

great video. Look like they are moving.

Is this a lap race? or did they get to pre run?

Mike
I believe it is open prerunning, really a good group of guys, extremely laid back grass roots racing, it’s as close to racing in Mexico as you are going to get, including on track aid. STORR probably has all rules listed. They do enforce a pit speed, it is just a bunch of people having a good time. Loop races. BTW, that’s a new 6200 car, 117mph through the rough, hopefully I get a chance to out run some 6100s😁😁

fennfab

We may have already talked but I am looking to come out from NH for the race. Looking forward to it. The videos and photos don't make it look that rough (by "rough" I mean rocky). Woops will be interesting for us in our limited class (best I can figure for a description) truck but we'll keep plugging...
There is a few rocky sections but mostly sand, not to soft as long as you keep up your speed, people do get stuck but we are on wetherman and will yank you out asap

fennfab

I believe it is open prerunning, really a good group of guys, extremely laid back grass roots racing, it’s as close to racing in Mexico as you are going to get, including on track aid. STORR probably has all rules listed. They do enforce a pit speed, it is just a bunch of people having a good time. Loop races. BTW, that’s a new 6200 car, 117mph through the rough, hopefully I get a chance to out run some 6100s😁😁
It is open prerunning , we are all racers at STORR so we try to make the courses as fun as we can for ourselves also. It is a limited space of land so always lap races 30 to 50 miles but always close to the pits so easy to help anyone in trouble

spalind

"Limited space" and he says the laps are 30-50 miles!! BWHAHAHAHAHA! Try getting a single mile of road to run here on the East Coast! Count yourself lucky and take care of your landowners!!