Big fire in Cajon Pass / I-15

Fourstroker

Reaction
Is this a relight of the Pilot Fire from last week? That was only a few miles off the 15 but as of yesterday was 95% contained

calstyl2

Reaction
Plan for long term closure of the 15, and 138 all the way to the Summit, for several days probably.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
New fire to the east. 138 is closed. If you have to travel from the hi-dez to down the hill or vice-versa, I would expect to go way west of head east through either Big Bear or Yucca Valley. Timing seems suspect for these to be 'accidents'. There were lots of people on the 138 heading up the mountain due to the I-15 closure. From what I have heard, they are all safe but sheltered somewhere north of the fire.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Wow, THANKS for the heads-up hombres! We're outta Escondildo in about 45 minutes , and I'd typically take 15 thru Corona. Looks like a scenic Yucca Valley drive...

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Stuck Sucks

Reaction
InciWeb the Incident Information System: Bluecut Fire

Bluecut Fire - Incident Overview

There is imminent threat to public safety, rail traffic and structures in the Cajon Pass, Lytle Creek, Wrightwood and surrounding areas.

The Bluecut Fire started today at 10:36 AM in the Cajon Pass near Kenwood Ave. west of Interstate 15. The fire is currently 6,500 plus acres with 700 personnel on scene. 57 engines, 8 crews, 8 air tankers, 2 Very Large Air Tankers (VLATS). Additional firefighters and equipment on order.

RECOMMEND ALTERNATE ROUTES PER CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL:

From the Valley to the High Desert: Interstate 10E to Highway 62N to Highway 247N to Highway 18W

From High Desert to the Valley: Highway 18E to highway 247S to Highway 62S to Interstate 10W

ROAD CLOSURES

Highway 138 has been closed from Interstate 15 to Highway 2

Old Cajon Blvd north of Devore Cutoff
Lytle Creek @ Glen Helen

Hwy 38 to Lone Pine Canyon has been closed.
15 Northbound at I-215
15 Southbound at Ranchero

Stuck Sucks

Reaction
Tuesday, August 16, 2016 (19:55)

UPDATE #2: INTERSTATE 15- BLUE CUT FIRE ALTERNATE ROUTES

SAN BERNARDINO – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), in cooperation with the Unified Incident Command has closed multiple State highways throughout the affected area. Oversize, over-length vehicles (semi-trucks, motorhomes, etc.) are advised NOT to use the SR-18 or SR-138 through the San Bernardino Mountains.

Closures:
-Southbound connector to U.S. Highway 395 closed
-Interstate 15 (I-15) from Main Street in Hesperia to I-215 in San Bernardino
-State Route 2 (SR-2) is closed from the Los Angeles County line to SR-138
-SR-138 is closed from the Los Angeles County Line to SR-173.

Detours:
-Eastbound I-10 to eastbound SR-62 to northbound SR-247 to westbound SR-18
-Northbound I-5 to northbound SR-14 to eastbound SR-58 to I-15
-SR-18 through Apple Valley and Lucerne Valley to SR-330 through Big Bear

HI_DEZ_DAVE

Reaction

Blue Cut Fire: School Closures for August 18th

August 17, 2016

State Route 18 Temporarily Closed Due to Overturned Semi
August 17, 2016

Kaiser Permanente in Victorville Closed due to Blue Cut Fire
August 17, 2016

VICTOR VALLEY, Calif: (VVNG.com)- Like an eerie scene out of a horror film, the main artery of the Victor Valley, known as the I-15 freeway remained desolate and ghost-like Wednesday evening.

CHP officials told Victor Valley News there is no estimated time frame of when the freeway will reopen. “We don’t anticipate the freeway will reopen tonight,” stated officials.

The 15 freeway remains closed northbound at the 15/215 interchange and southbound at Main Street and Highway 138 is also still closed.

“We have a constant assessment of the roadway conditions. There is significant damage done by the fire to guardrails and some of the power lines that are affecting traffic in the center median, said Rich Stewart with the California Highway Patrol during a Wednesday morning press conference.

As the Blue Cut Fire continues to burn in San Bernardino County near the Cajon Pass, Southern California Edison crews are working with first responders to help reopen the I-15 freeway and the railway corridor.

SCE is also prioritizing the restoration of critical services such as the water pumping stations in the Cajon Pass.

“We are continuing to reassess that throughout the day and hopefully, we get that open as soon as possible,” stated Stewart