Big Oly goes to auction

brad inch

Reaction
i got to see it race in nevada and it was fast, i hope it goes to a museum. anyword yet on who got it??? theres pictures of it being built, i dont think there was 100 ft on tubing in the hole car and a fiberglass body.i think they waited about 5 years to long to sale it.

Last edited:

Gary Plagman

Reaction
Think unlimited class two non production class ? MT Class one ?

Ok . Questions why did P.J stop running the Class two Bronco in 1975 no show at the Mint?

Then come out with PJ Blazers class 2 and ran for a short time then sale off to Frank vessels?

Then Stop Racing Off Road?

toddz

Reaction
, i hope it goes to a museum. anyword yet on who got it??? theres pictures of it being built, i dont think there was 100 ft on tubing in the hole car and a fiberglass body.i think they waited about 5 years to long to sale it.
It went to a very prominent collector in CA who will likely display it in his museum. I think it's in really good hands for the moment.

Todd Z.

toddz

Reaction
When was the last time the purpose built Baja Boot sold? How much did it sell for? With it's Steve McQueen connection I would think it would be up there in value? Or the James Garner Banshee Olds.

There are two Boots and the last time one sold (I think), it was for $200K. I think it was the one the Glickenhauses bought.

Todd Z.

toddz

Reaction
Ivan's 015 trophy truck was selling for $500k about 8 years ago and didn't sell. And didn't it go to auction also and didn't sell? Maybe in todays market it would have sold easily at a higher price...

Wasn't it down to about $300K before they took it off the market?

Todd Z.

toddz

Reaction
Jay Leno ???
No. The collector who bought it might not be the "prominent" one I was thinking of earlier. Oly was spotted at a C&C in Malibu on Sunday. Pics on FB. There's a video on IG that shows it roaring around on the street with a TX plate attached to the rear bumper. Ballsy new owner to have it out on the street!

Todd Z.

burro8

Reaction
I saw this T shirt at my local Walmar
20210614_152830.jpg
t today.