• Forum membership has its advantages....

Big Rusty Dinosaur

For some time my sidekick Philo and I have been searching for a big giant rusty dinosaur yard ornament for his house. We’ve found them stateside but a purchase like this would be better if done in Mexico because they are stupid expensive up here. Weve seen them before but never when we had a way to get it home. It seems this trip we do have a way to transport it so any of you down there prerunning see one please let us know.

The only stipulations are

1. It has to be a T-Rex
2. It has to be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

OldStroppeTeam

There's a couple pretty big ones just sitting there in Cabazon off I-10.........

Kevman

For some time my sidekick Philo and I have been searching for a big giant rusty dinosaur yard ornament for his house. We’ve found them stateside but a purchase like this would be better if done in Mexico because they are stupid expensive up here. Weve seen them before but never when we had a way to get it home. It seems this trip we do have a way to transport it so any of you down there prerunning see one please let us know.

The only stipulations are

1. It has to be a T-Rex
2. It has to be huge.

check out Ricardo Baccerra? in Borrego Springs. He built all the statues in and around Borrego!

guycomer

There’s a guy in Rosarito that makes whatever you want and is REALLY good! Not sure he’d have a TRex but he might! His work is pretty incredible. He’s on the east side of the old hwy just north of Rosarito, as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

ACME

Second the place in Rosarita: Place is on the N.E. corner with the gates around it. He's done stuff for us as well, very reasonable and good work

D4D

Dan there is or was, I have not been down there in 5 years, an old water park south of Ensenada on the right (west) side of the highway. We checked it out to skate it and there were a few metal sculptures of animals just laying around and rusting. I don't recall a Trex but maybe worth checking out. And no, there was nothing skatable.

Lord Green

There are several iron workers/welders just south of Rosarito on the old road. It is thr Popotla "artistic" center if Rosarito Several of them have dinosaurs in varying sizes.

ehall

Dan there is or was, I have not been down there in 5 years, an old water park south of Ensenada on the right (west) side of the highway. We checked it out to skate it and there were a few metal sculptures of animals just laying around and rusting. I don't recall a Trex but maybe worth checking out. And no, there was nothing skatable.
That place has been remodeled and is up and running. Even added a zipline.

We made it to Rosarito today and found a place. No dinosaurs but they did have this
IMG_6482.jpg

They do custom work and Incase anyone cares a 20 foot tall T~Rex is about $2500 American. This ain’t happening today but it’s happening