Big Rusty Dinosaur

Fourstroker

Reaction
Pretty sure i saw its twin in La Fonda on the way home yesterday. However it was not strapped to the bed of a truck. Awesome!!

mattb

Reaction
How did it go at the border? You may want to consider bolting that thing to the truck. It’s too good.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
How did it go at the border? You may want to consider bolting that thing to the truck. It’s too good.
IMG_6713.jpg

Border guard “Are you both United States citizens?”

Us “Yes we are.”

Border guard. “Where are you coming from?”

Us “Ensenada.”

Border Guard “And where are you going?”

“We assume we’re going to secondary.”

We breezed thru secondary. The lady at the first gate had no sense of humor. Combined it was our understanding that we were under the allowed limit of purchases. She didn’t even know what the limit was. Secondary guys looked at the motor, made jokes about the red flag at on its tail, and then sent us thru.). Kevin the dinosaur is home safely at Philo’s house and his fiancé is less than excited about him I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Pro tip, if you do this, keep the receipt (or get one at least- we were excited and forgot to) Also, the places that sell them are mostly closed on Sunday (according to our friends who tried to buy one on the way home).

Ps- when haggling tell them their 850 dollar dinosaur is beautiful but your wife says you can only spend 500. Then say u don’t want to insult their beautiful creation and you respect their art. But the wife won’t let you and head for the Truck.

They will chase you. “Ok my friend, 500”

Also, tip the guys who load it up. It’s not easy to secure one and still do burn outs and go freeway speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Surfnride1

Reaction
I'm f-ing dying reading this thread. This is exactly the type of chit my crew gets into. Well played!

bajadreamer

Reaction
I actually spotted a painted one in Oklahoma and was going to tell y’all about it but looks like mission complete LOL (it was painted with flowers and artsy kinda crap on it.. but it was at least 10-12’ tall)

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
How long did you say those new tires were gonna last?
There is a 60% chance they will outlive the transmission so maybe til of summer?

The tires ride great especially for being unbalanced on real bead locks. And they arent expensive so Philo doesn't care about paying for them. The issue is, mounting tires on bead locks sucks. If they were on regular wheels I assure you these would have been toast before the 500 when he took yellow truck to LS fest.

#yellow truck has a lot of parts waiting to be installed. it will be stupid fast.

Surfnride1

Reaction
I was just down there chasing the last big swell and saw a few of these in southern rosarito. I personally would have gone with the 16 ft brontosaurus (with detachable head) but to each his own;)