Billy Haendiges brings His Expertise to NORRS!!!

Scott Rehn

Reaction
Saturday, May 09, 2009

“I am looking forward to the amazing year of growth and continuing to raise the bar for shortcourse TV programming. After a long break, it will be great to meet the new drivers and see some old friends back racing”
–Billy Haendiges.

National Off-Road Racing Series (NORRS) is proud to announce Billy Haendiges as the Executive Producer of the National Off-Road Racing Series. Billy was instrumental in the national growth of shortcourse Racing for the past three years with Championship Off Road Racing series, and is credited with having a stylistic approach to his award winning motorsports broadcasts. With over hundred hours of shortcourse programming experience, along with being on the forefront of driver and sponsorship TV integration, Billy has the skills to build up NORRS and our drivers the way he has for the sport the past three years.
NORRS has secured CBS affiliate air time in the prime off road markets, and we find it very important to allocate the proper funds to the production and infrastructure where needed to promote growth and support for our new sponsors and drivers. 2009 promises to be a turning point for shortcourse racing and NORRS is working hard to provide the best value for Sponsors, Drivers and Fans.
NORRS

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
its seems as though SOMEONE is spending a large sum of money to try and put on a race and televise it nationally....................wouldnt it be a good idea to put out a press release stating we are "giving out large sums of money to the winners" so there will be race vehicles to watch and film???? just a thought......the same thought i told you knuckleheads four months ago....................

R_TAYLOR

Reaction
National tv with a solid production should lead to $$$$$$$.The coverage will be in Antelope,I hope the racers are.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
I think it's awesome what NORRS is trying to do. I just hope people show up and race, so it doesn't back fire on them and the network TV guys get pissed...

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I think it's awesome what NORRS is trying to do. I just hope people show up and race, so it doesn't back fire on them and the network TV guys get pissed...

I dont think they will care to much because they paid for the spot so its no different to them whats on. Sure it could help in the future if they get a ton of people watching to maybe lower their prices on future tv slots if CBS will be selling some of the add space.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
I dont think they will care to much because they paid for the spot so its no different to them whats on. Sure it could help in the future if they get a ton of people watching to maybe lower their prices on future tv slots if CBS will be selling some of the add space.

Yeah I understand they get paid no matter what, but it would suck to have a production crew show up to film a race and only have 3 cars/trucks out there. I don't think film crews would want to film something boring like that. Also it may leave a bad taste in someone's mouth down the line and it would be just a waste of time..

speedfun

Reaction
its seems as though SOMEONE is spending a large sum of money to try and put on a race and televise it nationally....................wouldnt it be a good idea to put out a press release stating we are "giving out large sums of money to the winners" so there will be race vehicles to watch and film???? just a thought......the same thought i told you knuckleheads four months ago....................

Did that work for the first Lucas race?
I had talked to Kevin from USAC he told me 2 week prior to the LUCAS first race
Quoits saying to me
I have seen promoters throw out big purses and it won’t make a difference!

If you ask me he was right
All poken aside Pete (god i love given it to you BUT)
NORRS just needs good people like your self to get involved and personally make sure this VIRGIN series starts off right and your one of the good people that can make that happen Pete

If I had it my way the first race will be free to all the racers
and give $1000 to all the pros in Texas to make it back for the FIRST NORRS RACE
Or Pay the entry and get the free crew people (3 or 5) and have a shot at the purse
What do you think about that?
Or what can you do to help now that it’s real with the same track prep as corr and the same TV production as corr-- and a solid CBS air dates!! Affordable entry’s with 100% pay back
If you ask me? THIS is going to ROCK
NORRS supports the PDG I support the PDG and some soled growth for years to come

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Did that work for the first Lucas race?
I had talked to Kevin from USAC he told me 2 week prior to the LUCAS first race
Quoits saying to me
I have seen promoters throw out big purses and it won’t make a difference!

If you ask me he was right
All poken aside Pete (god i love given it to you BUT)
NORRS just needs good people like your self to get involved and personally make sure this VIRGIN series starts off right and your one of the good people that can make that happen Pete

If I had it my way the first race will be free to all the racers
and give $1000 to all the pros in Texas to make it back for the FIRST NORRS RACE
Or Pay the entry and get the free crew people (3 or 5) and have a shot at the purse
What do you think about that?
Or what can you do to help now that it’s real with the same track prep as corr and the same TV production as corr-- and a solid CBS air dates!! Affordable entry’s with 100% pay back
If you ask me? THIS is going to ROCK
NORRS supports the PDG I support the PDG and some soled growth for years to come

i was just trying to get YOU a little money WHEN you win................

speedfun

Reaction
i was just trying to get YOU a little money WHEN you win................

well thanks Pete
funny guy are you comeing to the norrs race ?
what do you have to race?
find something would ya like a pro buggy or have you ever driven something that fast?
I was told about your PACE series racing days is it true you had a roll bar around the out side of your car? you cried about everyone hitting you ?
the slow guys get hit dont they?
I know your speedy pete now
I about wet my self cracking up at the story from Scott:D:D:D:D:D

KLS Motorsports

Reaction
Correct me if Im wrong but I understand that with 30 single buggys it would pay $3600-4800 per day.That makes the other series look like a complete rippoff. I dont see why anyone wouldnt race NORRS.TORC is an $800 entry and $900 to win.Thats like paying rent to the promoter to tear your equipment up.

Slash01z

Reaction
You would have a good point except 2's look like 8's to you. For single buggy it is only 200 a week or 2,000 for the east coast season just to let you know.

eric2448

Reaction
Correct me if Im wrong but I understand that with 30 single buggys it would pay $3600-4800 per day.That makes the other series look like a complete rippoff. I dont see why anyone wouldnt race NORRS.TORC is an $800 entry and $900 to win.Thats like paying rent to the promoter to tear your equipment up.

Your figures couldnt be more wrong, should do a little more research before you throw numbers around like that...

You can find TORCs enty and payback info HERE

and you CANT find info on how much TV you would get with TORC

You can find LOORRS enty and payback info HERE

and how much TV you get with LOORRS HERE

You can find NORRS enty info HERE and trying to figure out payback cannot be done until you know how many entries there are. Ammount of TV for each class is unavalible.

Hope this helps...

Scott Rehn

Reaction
While the final figures for "pay-back" can not be determined until NORRS has the final count of entries, we can tell you that the amount of television the buggy divisions will get is anywhere between 5 to 15 minutes. Again, this is based upon number of entries. Please understand the uncertainties as we approach the first race weekend as these are "uncharted" waters and we will be making a lot of last minute decisions based on entries of all classes. We are putting forth our best effort to make this as smooth as possible, so the sooner racers register the better for all involved. We hope everyone understands and want to thank you for the interest being shown in the the NORRS series.