Bilstein ROCKS!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Gotta send out a HUGE thanks to Joel and the crew at Bilstein for hooking up the short bus with a rebuild of it's 9 year old shocks that now work like BRAND NEW!!!!!

The little Alumi-Craft smoked the whoops and powered up the washes on the DA San Felipe prerun thanks to the great service and rebuild from Joel and the guys at Bilstein!

The service at Bilstein is AWESOME!!!!!

PS. Special thanks to Bean for prepping the short-bus last minute when he should have told me to buzz off so he could focus on his own race car.......

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Thats an great thing to hear! We had some vintage 1970's Fox air shox when we sent them in to get rebuild they were so SHOCKED to see them they said they would rebuild them for free as long as we keep reppin them!
Good on Fox and Bilstein!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Its great to hear of companies still taking care of customers. We are very fortunate that the big 3 shock manufacturers seem to really take care of their customers even in this economy.

jjordan

Reaction
Bilstein always doing what they can to help out..........hope to see you out there again soon Joel

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Joel has been great even though most of the DA runs on Fox.

I REALLY REALLY appreciate everything that He and Bilstein have done for me. I'm not a wealthy guy and every little bit is such a HUGE help. I am very grateful and just wanted to express that here in front of the whole Familia!

Thanks again Bilstein and Joel......

D. Freeman

Reaction
I thought I would chime in too and thank Joel and Shane for all the help with set-up on my truck as well. They came out to the FUD 200 to help me out at my first race. Bilstein is a stand up company and Joel/Shane are some of the best people in the off road industry.

Richie_Bobby

Reaction
Bilstein Always Works Great Thats What We Run On Our 7sx Truck.
3 Championships In The Code Series.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Joel pretty much kicks a ss! A+ for Joel!!!! The shocks aren't so bad either :rolleyes:

CHASER

Reaction
Strange how these Bilstein kicks ass threads seem to come up a lot........
Not really. They are the best shocks and support in the Dez.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Bilsteins are awesome. We have them on the Can Am Renegade quad and when we needed em freshened up. Got em done in no time. Bilsteins rock.....

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Bilstein

Bilstein and Joel ROCK!!! Joel's the only guy I know that would be in San Felipe on the beach talking me through a shock re-build on his cell phone!! THANKS BROTHA! :D:D

Chaplain

God Dude
Reaction
I ESPECIALLY like that Joel puts out free coffee at the contingency line and will visit with me even though I'm a die hard SAW fan. He even lets me tape chapel fliers to his trailer.

Thanks Joel for keeping the short bus from bouncing off the trail!

RL Detroit

Reaction
just in case the guys at Bilstein read this I want to thank Shane for the great deal on my setup and all the help!!!!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Joel rules!

At contingency he took the time to replace a reservoir hose on a buddy of mine shock even though it wasn't a Bilstien. Now thats service!

JCA

Reaction
I can't say enough about Joel, Shane, Juan and all the folks at Bilstein!! I live a hop, skip and a jump from them and they are always ready, willing and able to help me and my team...even when we ask dumb questions :)

motochris

Reaction
Joel rules!

At contingency he took the time to replace a reservoir hose on a buddy of mine shock even though it wasn't a Bilstien. Now thats service!

I agree. I've seen Joel go out of his way as well. I've also seen him at more events helping with setup than any other company period. This coming from another shock guy!

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
Wow, I just returned from the Mint race/ tuning marathon and you all have been busy while I was gone! Thanks for the kind words.

I figure every race team runs Bilstein when you count motorhomes, chase trucks, tow vehicles, daily drivers, etc. So since every team is already a client I have no problem helping them out.

Thanks for bringing it up PartyBarge, the final shock fix count in the Bilstein trailer at San Felipe was 3 SAW, 1 Fox, 1 Elka, and 2 gallons of oil needed for some "big" Kings. I can only hope that these manufacturers would do the same for a Bilsteiner in need.

As an additional courtesy the Bilstein "FACTORY RACE SUPPORT" trailer is usually operating in one of the pits on race day so please forgive the weather beaten trailer wrap and my (possibly) grubby appearance when you stop by ;) ...And, should you need to contact me at a race my number is 858-335-3300!

Last edited:

Zac Reish

Reaction
I have been shy about buying bilstien's because everyone that I have talked to about them say they are hard to re build in comparison to fox's and SAW is this true? Also I have heard parts for the shox are harder to get. On a brighter note I have heard that they are the best shock on the market. From the sounds of this post this hear say may not be so true. Whats the deal?

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Bilstiens are the same amount of work to rebuild as any of the other shocks. Parts are easy to get and their support is second to none.