Birds chirping at night ?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
For the last couple of days I noticed that the birds outside chirp all night long here in my area. Did anyone else notice the same ?

Don't birds go to sleep as soon as darkness sets in ?

They chirp all night long and then also do it during the day.

NORCALf150

Reaction
im up north and im hearing the same thing sounds like someones callin a dog, my lab freaks out

the faster i go the smother it is

mflo

Reaction
i've noticed the same thing here (Santa Ana)... along with the warm winds at night. Now i can sleep with the window open and not get cold. It's really nice weather.

In_the_works

Reaction
yes, even the birds of the field proclaim the coming of the END!!!

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma

drtdevil93

Reaction
maybe they are confused. they use earths magnetic pole to navigate. planet x is getting closer and starting to shift the earths poles, confusing the birds. we should all flee to the deserts, specifically barstow next weekend. :)

erik

robert_encinas

Reaction
mflo where in santa ana are you ? i live in washington square(bristol/17th) and the parrots are going crazy. the crows arent as bad at night but still restless lately.

martininsocal

Reaction
It could be the east winds...and warm temps at night.

If your gonna go, go BIG

mflo

Reaction
I live in southcoast metro... (bear/macarthur).

toyotaguy

Reaction
wow I live on harbor and warner in foutnain valley. I never thought to know people in my area to like the offroad seen. I mainly see it around south laguna and farther south and a little in huntington beach. anyway what do you guys drive? Maybe I have seen you around

looking for info on quality tacoma long travel.....any ideas?

Dave_G

Reaction
Klaus,
What you are hearing are Mocking birds staking out territory for spring mating. It's a yearly happening that's been going on since the begining of time. Sometimes they really pi$$ me off and I get up in the middle of the night and blow on my hawk call and they usually shut up......for a little while. I'd rather use a shotgun to solve the problem but I'd get jail time for that. ;-) Throwing rocks in the tree will sometimes shut them up till you can get back to sleep.

Dave

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
I live near bristol and bear too. I'm a little more east though near ganahl lumber. Anyone else in the area?

mflo

Reaction
i drive a white 00 ranger (a-arm). full glass, stock front bumper, and shock hoops w/kings.
see attachment for a picture.

Attachments

mflo

Reaction
Hey, maybe we could all meet at the wahoo's on bristol or something for dinner one night... hang out and talk desert.
There are a few others that I know of that live in our vicinity.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.desertrides.com>Desert Rides</A>

bajaboy

Reaction
Mike,

I work over in the brown marble building on Macarthur and Hutton Center, I've saw you driving down Main a few days ago !!! What a small world!!! I live in Anaheim now , close to Newline , Mckenzies and a few other nice toy shops.

Bajaboy

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Damn, I was lying awake in bed last night at around 1am and I heard the birds right outside my window and thought of this thread and couldn't help but to laugh. Don't birds have watches?? I thought they get up real early in the morning to chirp when the sun comes up? Hmmmm, I guess they are unelmployed now huh?

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I was up at 2-3am the other night listening to one bird goin nuts. All different chirps in the LA area.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Klaus,

When the warm weather hits, the Nightangales (Sp?) are out and about as well... all over the place.
Little bastards will sing all night long.

You should see the huge flock of parrots that are eating the acorns off my neighbors tree. Its real fun at 5:30 am on a Sunday when you're trying to sleep.

-Gabe