• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD 2002 schedule

Jimmy8

Did you see the BITD 2002 schedule for cars and trucks. Well if not here it is, and it looks pretty good to me. It looks like there is 9 motorcycle events on their schedule too.

Terribles Town 250 April 5,6,7 2002

Nevada 1000 June 19,20,21,22,23 2002

Tonopah 300 August 16,17,18 2002

Baja Mex 300 World Championship October 4,5,6 2002

Las Vegas 200 December 6,7,8 2002

Jimmy8

Isnt there just something about calling an off road race the world championship that gets you excited. I dont know if BITD has the athority to do something like that, and I am not the judge of it, but I think its cool. I think off road needs something like that. I remember when SCORE used to run the off road world champioships at riverside back in the day. they would get over 125000 people in attendance to watch. How awesome is that. My dad got 3rd in a field of close to 40 class 8's. It would be awesome to see classes get that kind of numbers again. HDRA also had a race called the USA Off Road Championships in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I think my dad got 2nd there. It had tons of entries as well. Something called the championship always gets entries out to race in it. I think its awesome to have some sort of a deal where you can call someone the world champion at a race, or at the end of a series. Off Road needs something like that to bring it alive again. What do you guys think on the subject.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Why is the "Championship" before the last race?

<font color=red>Used Car Salesman<font color=red>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
There is the western states champion ship in Barstow Nov 17 this year should be a big turn out . It’s after all the off-road series' are over . Barstow is a 2.5 hour drive from most of socal and Vegas . We don’t have to drive seven hours to Mexico to go . And then have a $1125 entry fee when we get there . Looks like the pro 1600 guys and the formula 9’s will be at the western states championship in Barstow .

grt

Checkers *********
Ahh, August in Tonopah. Just getting there will be a test for any air conditioner and HUMMER air conditioners are not the greatest!

grt