• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD 6100 rules for 2020....

Robin Hood

Now we have to create a market for all these new and used 37" tires that teams will be unloading. If you allow a 6 cylinder in Class 10 maybe it will be enough power to get them step up to the 37s ;)

Evans Motorsports

With all the new rule changes to class 6100 and to Class 8. Im sure every 6100 owner feels a Class 8 could not compete with them anyways so allow Class 8 trucks to run with the 6100 trucks. I like it!

SoberSuicide

Have the class 8 follow the few needed rules and run as a 6100, problem solved...

Tagged engine, T400, etc... BINGO!
I like the fact that Donald is trying to bring back the class 8 guys by mixing them up for the next event. I would love to keep this going for all future races and see how the results end up.
As for the the tagged engine issue. As most class 8 teams know the trucks are heavy with limited travel, so that is why we need that 700+hp to keep that front end light and that fat a$$ moving...
If i or any other class 8 team could pull our current engine, put in a tagged, and be competitive.. Trust me we would.
The fact is, its a power to weight ratio. So leave the two class specs as they are and race them as one, each class has its perks and balances out.

Josh 8

I like the fact that Donald is trying to bring back the class 8 guys by mixing them up for the next event. I would love to keep this going for all future races and see how the results end up.
As for the the tagged engine issue. As most class 8 teams know the trucks are heavy with limited travel, so that is why we need that 700+hp to keep that front end light and that fat a$$ moving...
If i or any other class 8 team could pull our current engine, put in a tagged, and be competitive.. Trust me we would.
The fact is, its a power to weight ratio. So leave the two class specs as they are and race them as one, each class has its perks and balances out.
I would be down for this!!!!

Dezert00Taco

I would be down for this!!!!
i think most class 8 trucks would be down but i don't think its fair that just because you cant have the up travel numbers a tube chassis truck does that you should be able to run 300 HP more than a 6100 and still think it would be fair to say they are in the same class. you can build a class 8 truck that is pretty close in weigh to a 6100. Most 6100's aren't super light.

Zac Reish

Bro

I hear what you are saying. We are not looking for a easy trophy. Honestly we don’t even expect to get a trophy. If that’s all that mattered I would get a 3000 or some other small count class.

We want a challenge and have something to be proud of. Currently if we get into the top 10 we are super excited and proud.

I am just saying I feel like we have a chance at 40 trucks but 70 seems like a really long shot. I would be bummed if we only had 10 trucks in our class.

Mike
If I could thumbs down this post I would. No offense to you but The winner should take all. Paying past 3rd is a joke. Bitd pays further down in the order already which makes no sense. The guys who win don’t want the pay to be diluted at all so they can have a shot at recouping More of the race costs. The winners want as many teams to show up so they can win a bigger pot.

Josh 8

Couple of points.

1. At my current pace I only race about once ever 2 years. I have not raced since NORRA and the b1k in 2017. So I am not a big player. That being said, if the 6100 guys don’t wanna do this, I am fine with that. No biggy.

2. I am sure the 6100 guys feel Ocho’s are big fat lumbering turds so they got nothing to loose. Heck a few more entires will put some more cash in the winners pocket.

3. No one says it has to be a regular deal. It could be a one time “exhibition” race.

4. What do they have to lose? They couldn’t possibly get beat by a 8 truck.

Last edited:

jon coleman

what are the average mph' s from the past races, are they close?, if so ,run em,promote it as a ' show down' , shootout'!, 8 got 300 more hp, now Rob M . can use the extra hp, can YOU??( get this thing going , gotta smack talk)

Last edited:

Josh 8

I seriously doubt there are any class 8’s that have 825 hp. Because that what 300 more hp would be if a spec truck has 525hp.

I am willing to bet the average grass roots 8 truck is about 450ish hp. There are only a few that are in the 600+hp range. I would venture to say that the average “good” 8 truck is probably in the 500 to 600 range. Not really all that much more power. Mine is right at 575 on a good day with pump gas. For comparison back in the day a 430ci Windsor with yeates heads 12-1 compression and the right cam made 700 all day long. But with race gas costing $12 bucks plus the story for me now is pump gas.

jon coleman

you are right, how ever , mine would be 950 hp twin turbo 100 shot of nitrous, of course i only race 250 miles or less...

Evans Motorsports

As for the 8 Truck being competitive, Our Old White DashesDirect Truck I-Beam was 6500 lbs and had a Kroyer 650HP big Block at first, Thats 10 to 1 on the Power. Good fast truck, limited front travel equal rear. Heavy Trucks tend to handle the ruff very well and it did. I sold that beast and it now is upgrades to 785HP and is down to 6450 lbs. Im currently building the Chevy CWI 76 Chevy #1 Geiser Class 8, So far I have everything needed to run 6100 or Class 8 except the motor. I have a brand new Pump Gas HBR built 565HP Chevy Dart cast iron block motor. I do not have the final weight numbers for the truck. From what I'm seeing and the people I talk to the truck was under 5500 lbs race ready in the past life. Iron Block mind you, so a 525 aluminum motor will drop the weight some more. So she should be lighter. I guess the aluminum 525 should Dyno out higher like the 430 HP motor did at 495 hp in most cases. So lets say the 525 Dyno's at 575 hp I personally think in this class you can compete at 10 to 1 hp to weight, and the allowance of the 40" tires could make up for the lack of front travel in a class 8.
So I have a $19,000.00 that is fresh off the Dyno I will sell for $14,000.00. Motor would be great for a 8, 1450, Prerunner or Hot Rod. Proof is Camburgs first 6100 Converted Trophy truck with the 430HP motor was able to takes some wins, and I know that truck was 6000 lbs plus. Jerry?

Last edited:

SMS81

Our 8 was pushing 900, pretty much a TT back in the day. Same specs as a Geiser. The new 6100 are pretty trick and it’s not just HP that wins in the desert. I can’t speak of the modern day spec TT, but MTPyle’s truck was a road block for us when it first started racing. I am sure it has come a long way since. If a well funded top team built a state of the art 8 with a good wheel man at the controls it would without a doubt run up front in 6100 and place well overall. I guess the real variable is which set of class 8 rules you would build to, some are very open. But who in their right mind is going to put $350k+ in an 8! BTW, you have to love these continuing class changes! Lol!

Last edited:

SoberSuicide

Hears the facts on the class 8 guys... We would love to all get back into it, reason why we and i believe most parked the truck was the class entries went down to nothing. Racing isn't racing unless you have competition. I know that there are a lot of trucks just sitting waiting for a reason to race.

So if everyone agrees that more entries = more $$ in the pot, I'm sure everyone's on board. Another thing is these teams are grass roots and may not have the option to motor swap or even can with the truck weight.

Lets keep it simple.. 6100 runs to there specs and 8000 with there original rules. That way all teams need to do is dust them off and get ready to have fun with a lot of trucks.

6100 = (+-) 4,500 - 5,500 lbs, open travel, Tube chassis design, spec engine (new 525hp).
8000 = 6,000 - 7,000 lbs, limited front (18" travel), limited rear (with frame still in tact), open motor with cast block.

Evans Motorsports

Our 8 was pushing 900, pretty much a TT back in the day. Same specs as a Geiser. The new 6100 are pretty trick and it’s not just HP that wins in the desert. I can’t speak of the modern day spec TT, but MTPyle’s truck was a road block for us when it first started racing. I am sure it has come a long way since. If a well funded top team built a state of the art 8 with a good wheel man at the controls it would without a doubt run up front in 6100 and place well overall. I guess the real variable is which set of class 8 rules you would build to, some are very open. But who in their right mind is going to put $350k+ in an 8! BTW, you have to love these continuing class changes! Lol!

Much is true, about what you say, The 2 most winningest Class 8 Trucks EVER are Curt Leduc's with about 550 to 620 Hp KC HiLites and Todd Wyllie's Frankinstine 8 Truck, he said his motors were 550 to 600 for most all years. Frankinstine then was equips with a 850 hp aluminum block pro 2 motor for several years. ( Recently said he will be at Rage at the River running TT). So as we know its not all about HP, it the handling, track smarts and how that truck puts the power to the ground. Im willing to give it a go with this new Moter if I can sell the one I built. I only consider it as the new Moter should be 565 or better on the hp. Just to prove a point. If not I'm going to enter the into class 6100 with what the truck as built by the last BITD Class 8 Rules. They can go ahead and protest if I place or win. Im there for the fun and the thrill of taking down 30 to $ 250K to $350K trucks with a $125K Class 8 with there spec motor. This was how the Class 6100 was billed at the beginning (existing trucks could be modified) but quickly went the way of the tub chassis trucks.

Evans Motorsports

Hears the facts on the class 8 guys... We would love to all get back into it, reason why we and i believe most parked the truck was the class entries went down to nothing. Racing isn't racing unless you have competition. I know that there are a lot of trucks just sitting waiting for a reason to race.

So if everyone agrees that more entries = more $$ in the pot, I'm sure everyone's on board. Another thing is these teams are grass roots and may not have the option to motor swap or even can with the truck weight.

Lets keep it simple.. 6100 runs to there specs and 8000 with there original rules. That way all teams need to do is dust them off and get ready to have fun with a lot of trucks.

6100 = (+-) 4,500 - 5,500 lbs, open travel, Tube chassis design, spec engine (new 525hp).
8000 = 6,000 - 7,000 lbs, limited front (18" travel), limited rear (with frame still in tact), open motor with cast block.
Even if there were HP specs, with Max HP on the 8 Trucks. IE: Motors get Dynoed and then tased before the race, winners must be re-dynoed after the even within a week or, if a mobile dyno could be on hand. Better yet Class 8 guys need to dust there trucks off and get out and run then. I don't think they cost any more to run then the 6100s. I have had both!