• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD Awsome new tracking

fusionoffroad

Finally we have a good tracking system. this made racing and tracking our vehicle easy and flawless for our crew and friends. I feel the need to give credit to the individuals who made this happen. We as racers appreciate the effort made and as I understand

ONE_RJ

I would also like to thank Yellow Brick & Mad Media for giving us a reliable tracking device that we didn't have to pay extra $$$. Does anybody know what the cost would normally be for using this system compared to IRC?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Dave Cole 4454

I would also like to thank Yellow Brick & Mad Media for giving us a reliable tracking device that we didn't have to pay extra $$$. Does anybody know what the cost would normally be for using this system compared to IRC?

We've used YB for 4 years. Cost is comparable. They have some really cool software and hardware still on the bench too. `

Jimmy8

This stuff was top notch. From what I understand it is actually cheaper than IRC... Thank you to the Martelli's as they dipped into their own pockets to make this happen for free to the racers and fans.

Kolman

I agree that it worked great, and was the best coverage I've used or seen myself. It was great in the pits to see exactly where the car was at without bothering the driver for information.

wayne_demonja

At first I watched with both trackers but after about 1/2 hour I just closed the IRC and used the new tracker and it worked perfect and had the best coverage along with showing a more true position of the vehicles. Good job YB !!

Coast

IRC fact

350 entries x $275 = $96,250.00
This is ridiculous !! for so many reasons!!

New system was awesome!

DK

I was talking to Nick from yb he said they would contact the people they didn't get them from and give an address on where to send them

DoitforBMoore

Ultra 4 racing -----King of the hammers has been using this system. Mind blown how well it works. Good to see people catching on.

J Prich

IRC fact

350 entries x $275 = $96,250.00
This is ridiculous !! for so many reasons!!

New system was awesome!

DK
And that's assuming they have a unit available....that you paid for, that they took money from you for.

The YB system is really good.

Bdub 1020

Watch out Dirty Harry will tell you he gets it and that you guys don't want IRC making money off racers. He's also going to blast you for saying BFG and Polaris paid for YB not the Martellis lol. Brian / Fusion I agree. Oh and I love the Pabst Blue Ribbon on the truck. Brings back memories. Wish I could some find results to see how everyone did haha

mgobaja

What was required to mount the unit, what did it look like ?

did it need to have it's own bracket and be hard wired like the IRC unit ?

Will it send any emergency messages like the IRC or Spot unit ?

John Bitting

Administrator
What was required to mount the unit, what did it look like ?

did it need to have it's own bracket and be hard wired like the IRC unit ?

Will it send any emergency messages like the IRC or Spot unit ?
a couple of zip ties.
They ran off batteries.
It was mounted to the outside of the cage.

Dont know about emergency stuff. It reminded me of a bigger spot tracker.

51rcr

not sure on what its capable of. had a cover and was shrink wrapped to protect it. Iam sure its capable of everything a spot tracker can do. Iam sure they could also easily build one with impact shock/ sudden stop/inverted emergency warning. Even call to it for what an irc costs. a $150 spot and a years subscription does what this new one does. just think if ya put that other technology into it. wouldn't cost even 1000. This is basicly what it was is the Delorme in reach with the floatation case. From what I can tell