BITD BWDC 2020 RACE DAY UPDATES

Honda48X

Reaction
Ha! Like I said, I chose not to race. Congratulations on your distant 2nd place out of 2 running cars!!
WOW pretty harsh for someone that didn't even race. Maybe you should have raced and then you might have gotten 3rd or a DNF.

ht racing

Reaction
it won't be ready for parker, but were pretty excited for it. we race/pit/prep with the mcmullens. were just excited to grow the class.
so when did the 525 motor get approved? because the tech guy was shaking his head saying wtf is up with this class everyone puts what motor they want in! so i guess ill get a ls7 sealed if that's the case?

SMS81

Reaction
WOW pretty harsh for someone that didn't even race. Maybe you should have raced and then you might have gotten 3rd or a DNF.
Only if luck was on my side!
He took a little dig at me, I took a little dig at him, it’s all in good fun, no one really cares, but we all thank you for sticking up for a fellow racer!

ht racing

Reaction
Only if luck was on my side!
He took a little dig at me, I took a little dig at him, it’s all in good fun, no one really cares, but we all thank you for sticking up for a fellow racer!
lol its all good we had problems on day one trans stuck in 3rd and drove all day like that and day 2 that way to finish. i raced i finished did not blow up or roll. i cant help the fancy 4wd had problems and broke or the other car that rolled.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
so when did the 525 motor get approved? because the tech guy was shaking his head saying wtf is up with this class everyone puts what motor they want in! so i guess ill get a ls7 sealed if that's the case?
it's approved for 2021 we only entered race just to support class and get people excited. we were fully prepared to move to class 1 if someone had a problem. but since only one other car is (technically) legal didn't think anyone would care. funny enough it was that team that put in an order to alumi-craft on Saturday for a new 6200

SMS81

Reaction
it's approved for 2021 we only entered race just to support class and get people excited. we were fully prepared to move to class 1 if someone had a problem. but since only one other car is (technically) legal didn't think anyone would care. funny enough it was that team that put in an order to alumi-craft on Saturday for a new 6200
I has told 2022 from BITD for a 525, guess they moved it up, actually have it in an email.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
yea we drove the 2nd day not raced it was not worth it and clear rules state its a sealed ls3 not the 525 version but i guess this class is open to anything. but that's a whole other story. 4wd 525 motor just forget 6200 and do class 1 what a mess.
rhys wasn't in a 525, I was the only jack ass who did that, but I was only there for seat time. I was not about to build a whole new car then rip the motor out after one race and send all the way to turnkey to be rebuilt and retagged, when I wasn't even running for points anyways.

MTPyle

Reaction
Crazy that BITD allowed a car that does not comply with the rules for that class to enter into it. I had no idea one of the 6200 entries had an illegal motor. Pretty sure none of the fans knew that either. Not cool and totally takes away from the class legal entries

Maybe I will just enter into Trophy Lite. Haha.

What other entries were illegal? What the hell is going on?

Mike

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Crazy that BITD allowed a car that does not comply with the rules for that class to enter into it. I had no idea one of the 6200 entries had an illegal motor. Pretty sure none of the fans knew that either. Not cool and totally takes away from the class legal entries

Mike
BITD has long history of knowing cars are illegal for class but letting them race... but no need to drag up old stock full drama lol

Also, as mentioned the car in question was approved by the rest of the class. (also heard that over the radio Thursday)

MTPyle

Reaction
Oh. I didn’t realize the other 6200 approved it. But that’s kind of a crap position to put other racers in. Making racers enforce the rules isn’t cool.

It reminds me of the sporting events that the transgender guy competes with the girls. Was hard for the girls to so no but they sure didn’t like to get beat by a guy.

Not calling ICR a Transgender male LOL hehe but you get the point.

wouid have been easier and in my opinion better o enter into Class 1.

Mike

ht racing

Reaction

Mike
i had no idea either mike and the tech guy told me so i guess that's a true story. my motor is not on the list either but i am well under the hp of the legal motors so they let me race it because of the low entries and i was waiting on a trans for my class 10 car. i guess things are up in the air in that class still the tech guy was pissed off but already knew my motor was ok because i got the go ahead from them before the parker 425. we were not that far off the pace on day 1 but with all the problems we had we just ran it to finish. honestly we were not ready to race yet but did anyway. i think in the end it will be a good class but at 525 hp why not race class 1 and not a class with 4 guys. the 4wd car also had the 525 motor in it i was told. i think its cool we can have different motors but the hp needs to be limited but when you get that high hell that's class 1 in my opinion. the new alumicraft is a very nice car and will prob be the new standard for that class. we should just call it the new class 1 ! lol!!

ht racing

Reaction
dam it so i did win!!! 😂

Bricoop

Reaction
Any one notice that Wilson gets awarded for 1st overall car, yet he was beat by Conner Mcmullen in a 4 cyl!
Its no ones fault that heat 5 had a restart and lost to much time for 4 laps, and I hate to take a win away from Wilsons. Their new cars are badass, but credit is due!

#1553 Wilson 7 laps time of 2:31:22 average lap - 21.643
#1020 Mcmullen 8 laps time of 2:42:59 average lap - 20.375
Are you saying classes had different amounts of racing time and therefore wouldn't have the same opportunity to put in as many laps?

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
the car puts 420 to the wheels, I wouldn't call it even with class 1, especially with hammerheads and 4WD big block cars coming out. it's supposed to be a budget friendly class that runs with the spec trucks. so it only makes since we run the same motor. If you guys want to call and DQ me before the class even has legs you can. you have that right. I told BITD before the race even started that if that happened I won't even try to fight it, I will FedEx you the trophy. Honestly no hard feelings, ME and BITD are just trying to get the ball rolling.

FYI I was the one who they called and asked if we wanted to let you (keith) run with is. Technically your not legal either, but we just wanted to show some numbers for the class. BITD plan is to crack down on the rules starting next year as guys are currently building cars to come race, but In all realness I wouldn't say your at a big disadvantage, your car is badass. I bet HP/weight were pretty evenly matched.