BITD BWDC 2020 RACE DAY UPDATES

SMS81

Reaction
the car puts 420 to the wheels, I wouldn't call it even with class 1, especially with hammerheads and 4WD big block cars coming out. it's supposed to be a budget friendly class that runs with the spec trucks. so it only makes since we run the same motor. If you guys want to call and DQ me before the class even has legs you can. you have that right. I told BITD before the race even started that if that happened I won't even try to fight it, I will FedEx you the trophy. Honestly no hard feelings, ME and BITD are just trying to get the ball rolling.

FYI I was the one who they called and asked if we wanted to let you (keith) run with is. Technically your not legal either, but we just wanted to show some numbers for the class. BITD plan is to crack down on the rules starting next year as guys are currently building cars to come race, but In all realness I wouldn't say your at a big disadvantage, your car is badass. I bet HP/weight were pretty evenly matched.
Really sucks for the people who just built new cars based on the current and 2021 rules, like I said I have an email from BITD reassuring me the 525 would not be introduced until 2022. Not a great way to start off a new class.

MTPyle

Reaction
420hp to the ground is a lot. Most 6100 with 525 are getting 370hp to the ground. With at least 1000lbs less weight why are the 6200’s not killing 6100?

I guess this settles the buggy vs truck debate. Haha

Mike

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
420hp to the ground is a lot. Most 6100 with 525 are getting 370hp to the ground. With at least 1000lbs less weight why are the 6200’s not killing 6100?

Mike
give it time :) its been one race in a brand new car barley even set up with about 4-50 miles of seat time.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
Really sucks for the people who just built new cars based on the current and 2021 rules, like I said I have an email from BITD reassuring me the 525 would not be introduced until 2022. Not a great way to start off a new class.
I feel you man, that sucks. BITD told me back in Aug that they would make the change, in fact Turnkey wouldn't make the upgrade until they changed their rule book so the build went on hold for a couple weeks just waiting on BITD, but it's in the rule book now (I just double checked).

what's crazy is Donald told me he was going to make the change at the end of 2019 for 2020. obviously that never happened. Then they told me 2021. The fact that they told you 2022 is beyond me. but I can tell you when we finally got the go ahead from Bryan in Aug he told me he would make a press release so it would notify EVERYONE, that never happened either. It can be frustrating at times, but I know to be in BITD shoes with a bunch of classes and different situations they get completely overwhelmed with everyone's issues. so I try to be more of a helper then a complainer with them.

The good news is you don't have to change anything with your car, it's just a cam upgrade.

SMS81

Reaction
From BITD to me.
Yes we will. Not currently allowing the new 6100 535 hp motor or LT1 in 6200 class.
In 6200 the GM motors are 2 years out.

This pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me! With that power, might as well run 1!

ht racing

Reaction
the car puts 420 to the wheels, I wouldn't call it even with class 1, especially with hammerheads and 4WD big block cars coming out. it's supposed to be a budget friendly class that runs with the spec trucks. so it only makes since we run the same motor. If you guys want to call and DQ me before the class even has legs you can. you have that right. I told BITD before the race even started that if that happened I won't even try to fight it, I will FedEx you the trophy. Honestly no hard feelings, ME and BITD are just trying to get the ball rolling.

FYI I was the one who they called and asked if we wanted to let you (keith) run with is. Technically your not legal either, but we just wanted to show some numbers for the class. BITD plan is to crack down on the rules starting next year as guys are currently building cars to come race, but In all realness I wouldn't say your at a big disadvantage, your car is badass. I bet HP/weight were pretty evenly matched.
in the thick sand whoops we did not have a chance but longer races like the 425 its good.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
From BITD to me.
Yes we will. Not currently allowing the new 6100 535 hp motor or LT1 in 6200 class.
In 6200 the GM motors are 2 years out.

This pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me! With that power, might as well run 1!

That sucks man I don't know why they would tell you that unless you were talking to Donald before the break up or something...? where you in the middle of a build?

ltr450rider

Reaction

Mike
The argument has historically been between a 425 HP 6100 truck and 200 HP Class 10 buggy.

I guess we'll have to wait and see where the 425HP/525HP 6200 class buggy's stack up in that argument. Let's see what happens next year if Connor McMullen is running that class as noted earlier.

MTPyle

Reaction
Connor McMullen is an outlier and should not be used as a measurement for a class. Haha

that’s like Kyle Jergensen, he is fast in anything. I bet Kyle would mess up class 11.

Mike

ht racing

Reaction
Connor McMullen is an outlier and should not be used as a measurement for a class. Haha

that’s like Kyle Jergensen, he is fast in anything. I bet Kyle would mess up class 11.

Mike
i cant wait to see connor and brock go at it. lol