BITD Laughlin Desert Classic 2021

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Figured I would start a thread.

Qualifying was interesting.

Not sure why they decided to start in 3 different lanes. The inside lane had a huge advantage. So dumb to make the start of qualifying so different depending on what lane you got. I think the inside lane had a 2 second advantage. That’s big.

Not complaining for us as we are not a top qualifier. But I would be pissed if I was and got the outside lane.

I think the results will be messed up as a result.

Qualifying should be as fair as possible. I am sure it helped not tear up one lane but no reason they need 3.

Can’t wait to see the start 3 wide. I am sure it will be interesting.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2867.MOV
    50.9 MB · Views: 0

Argentino

RDC Crypto
I was on the inside lane but blew my charge pipe off on the launch and turtled it around with no boost anyway just to get an extra site lap. Didnt pay attention to the differences in lanes though. (About to walk down and look though...)

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
IMG_7489.jpg

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
We will take the 10th.

Had the gauges go dead in staging so no dash. It was a wire that got shorted when we swapped engines.

Then the engine got hot with a air pocket as we had to replace eater pump last night. So the last bit the engine pulled power. I know lots of excuses but that makes 10th even better.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Meaning the left lane “Lane 1” being the worst?

Yes lane 1 is the worst.

I assume they will let the pole sitter go by themselves. I can’t imagine they would start the fastest guy in the worst lane.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Yeah Connor M threw it down crazy fast. Second overall in qualifying.

Mike

Last edited:

cwarren

RDC Crypto
Yes lane 1 is the worst.

I assume they will let the pole sitter go by themselves. I can’t imagine they would start the fastest guy in the worst lane.

Mike
Absolutely agree, the lanes are very uneven. We started in lane one as well. Don’t know if they will let anyone go alone but I hope they at least give the faster lane to the higher qualifiers.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Y’all ready for a buggy to overall?? Going to be interesting on Saturday
They race in different heats than the trophy trucks. Might overall on time though. In the heat before trophy trucks tear up the course.

Always gotta have that asterisk 🤪

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Yes lane 1 is the worst.

Mike
Only two wide starts now. People complained enough about it being unsafe three wide they cut it down.