BITD Laughlin Desert Classic 2021

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The power of the internet. Haha.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Not sure what 30 seconds to pass means.

Jeff did say first 5 rows go at 1 min splits and the rest 30 seconds.

Not sure how that plays out with the poll sitter going first by themselves. Is that a row of the 5? Or 5 rows after the poll sitter leaves?

At least they ditched that outside line which is slower. But having the two lanes close will be exciting. No perfect way to do a side by side start. I bet we will see some action at the start where the lanes combine. Racers have a hard time lifting to let someone in front of them.

We went in out in the desert to refine our launch tune. I want to make sure we pull ahead of the guy next to us. Glad we have the Toyo tire in this softer stuff.

Mike

nickc313

RDC Crypto
They race in different heats than the trophy trucks. Might overall on time though. In the heat before trophy trucks tear up the course.

Always gotta have that asterisk 🤪
That's what I was getting at lol. Thought it was kind of a given Conner wouldn't be taking his 6200 in the TT heat but I will add the asterisk next time so no one gets confused :)

And as far as the torn up course comments go- I'm sure the 20+ 6100 "trucks" that go before the 6200s will grade the course as they go so that the buggy dorks have smooth sailing for the 4th race of the day :)

Looking forward to all the action coming up and the power of the internet 👍

Happy Saturday boys 🍻

nickc313

RDC Crypto
Is their any live video feed ?
BITD facebook page was live streaming the 6100s. Supposed to be doing the 10s and 6200 now. Basically a dune standing in the infield filming as they go by.

Also, BITD website has the course tracking and lap times live as well.

Argentino

RDC Crypto
We worked tirelessly to repair our charge pipe issues only to come right out of the gate with transmission issues. Gears just weren't there so I just wanted to get through the day by taking it easy and would hope for a better day 2 after we checked it out. Or so I thought.

Coming through the gate on the first lap, The diff exploded and sent me over 2 of the infield berms because it shut the car off when it happened. Game over. Broke the case and everything. Very first run on a fresh trans. 😥

Ouch!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The head gasket blew at 5 miles. I knew there was a risk of that happening when Turnkey said they did not check the deck and just swapped the head gasket.

Sucks big time. Another gut punch.

Mike

nickc313

RDC Crypto
Great first day of racing. Very cool to follow along with all day while stuck at work. My prediction of a buggy taking the overall didnt happen... A flat on the last lap threw that out the window. Still 5th OA on the day for a 6200, pretty cool.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us 🍻

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Here’s a few photos of class leaders from today by @havahockey

2AFF4806-4603-4C87-AF9F-9E25324B7D33.jpeg
5EDE5DD3-2803-4949-ABC1-A7E6F3B04778.jpeg
0FE5CA3E-54AE-4E9F-B641-695D561EC7C9.jpeg
0570377D-FD46-4B01-896C-662ED6AB5F20.jpeg
BD3A86F7-6971-4D9A-AFEB-7ACA1EAADEA9.jpeg

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Crazy busy day today with lots of carnage and rollovers/ crashes. Get some rest and onto day 2!

Attachments

• 3CA4A8AD-651D-44D7-B34F-36657A6FC635.jpeg
    3CA4A8AD-651D-44D7-B34F-36657A6FC635.jpeg
    406 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0544.MOV
    4.6 MB · Views: 1

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
We worked tirelessly to repair our charge pipe issues only to come right out of the gate with transmission issues. Gears just weren't there so I just wanted to get through the day by taking it easy and would hope for a better day 2 after we checked it out. Or so I thought.

Coming through the gate on the first lap, The diff exploded and sent me over 2 of the infield berms because it shut the car off when it happened. Game over. Broke the case and everything. Very first run on a fresh trans. 😥

Ouch!
Caught the end of it in a video.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    25.9 MB · Views: 2

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Bummer Pyle, whoever was driving your truck today was making smart line choices where I was at, before you were done.
towed out the Kiwi, saw that motor spit out it’s oil in about a 100 yards........

Krauss279

RDC Crypto
The head gasket blew at 5 miles. I knew there was a risk of that happening when Turnkey said they did not check the deck and just swapped the head gasket.

Sucks big time. Another gut punch.

Mike
Turnkey strikes again
Sorry to hear but that company is such a joke and does not care about any of what they do or the products they give there customers
Time and time again it’s a horror story

All that time and money for you to have them replace a head gasket and completely swap a motor and they couldn’t even check the deck is mind blowing to me and just such poor customer service!!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I don’t want to bash on Turnkey. I know they mean well and want to help.

But I knew better and kept going with this engine. Should have just got a new engine.

The head gasket blew with the water temp at 215 degrees. So it didn’t get too hot. We did get a little hot in qualifying at 235 but we went testing after that to check the launch tune and it was fine.

With aluminum heads ans block they warp. When this engine head gasket blew the first time it for super hot. So we know it warped.

You can’t just replace a blown fuse and think you solved the problem.

I was in the helicopter following the boys and the truck looked the best it has been. So we are getting there. Just need these engine issues behind us.

Mike

Krauss279

RDC Crypto
At what cost are they helping because I can’t think of many positive stories about them but have seen/heard many negative ones

Your completely correct but any engine builder that builds engines for anything would think to at least check or have a machinist check the deck on something that has gotten that hot!!
If your not allowed to deck them at least you wouldn’t have had to cross your fingers and not really know if it was going to work and spend a bunch of money to go 5 miles

Just my .2 cents.