BITD Laughlin Desert Classic 2021

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
They have ran out of gas twice this year. That seems pretty often to me. Haha.

You only use maybe 25 gallons a day at that race.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Connor McMullen pulled it off with overall fastest.

That’s big deal and so cool for Connor and that team. Hopefully 6200 gets some more interest.

My buddy that races C10 is tired of breaking on courses that have had big trucks race on them. So he is going to 6200. If I was going to race a buggy 6200 is what I would do for sure.

Congrats to Connor, team, and 6200 class.

Mike

BrentB

RDC Crypto
Connor McMullen pulled it off with overall fastest.

That’s big deal and so cool for Connor and that team. Hopefully 6200 gets some more interest.

My buddy that races C10 is tired of breaking on courses that have had big trucks race on them. So he is going to 6200. If I was going to race a buggy 6200 is what I would do for sure.

Congrats to Connor, team, and 6200 class.

Mike
How are you coming up with overall fastest? Lofton won overall with a time of 2:05:00, Connor was 2:06:09 (incredible accomplishment and driving) but that is like BJ claiming he won. There is a Saturday heat and a Sunday heat, the race is combined and that’s how it is and always has been scored.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I just looked at day 2 and Connor was the fastest. I figured he got it overall. I guess I should have looked closer or waited to the official results.

I was just blown away at his times compared to TT.

BITD is dysfunctional. Absolutely no reason the results should not be out. They are too worried about pissing anyone off so they whimp foot around everything. They need someone like Casey who isn’t afraid to do the hard stuff.

They are letting racers walk all over them. Too politically correct. Nevada is becoming California. They will PC themselves right out of a job.

Mike

Last edited:

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Having class 10 run after 6100 was a little weird that one guy can change the start order. Bluewater is supposed to be a all new course 🤣 I highly doubt it. Hell I'll take a little water on the course at least.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
Having class 10 run after 6100 was a little weird that one guy can change the start order. Bluewater is supposed to be a all new course 🤣 I highly doubt it. Hell I'll take a little water on the course at least.
I'd bet money its a new start at best. There's a million trails, but BITD has not been known to really strive for new and unusual.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
In the beginning that was a fun race and had all there names for sections of the course. Casey would fix the really bad sections after day 1 and water all night. The last ones after Casey passed have been a mess especially last year. Run shea rd backwards if your not going to blade off the tops. How many ppl crashed out last year? A ton did and a couple got seriously injured.

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
How are you coming up with overall fastest? Lofton won overall with a time of 2:05:00, Connor was 2:06:09 (incredible accomplishment and driving) but that is like BJ claiming he won. There is a Saturday heat and a Sunday heat, the race is combined and that’s how it is and always has been scored.
Laughlin has two races. One on Saturday that was won by Justin Loften and one on Sunday that was won by BJ Baldwin. Those are then added together for an overall winner and that was Justin Loften. I look at this event just like AMA Motocross. Did BJ win? Absolutly! Did Loften win absolutly! The Overall was won by Loften.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
In the beginning that was a fun race and had all there names for sections of the course. Casey would fix the really bad sections after day 1 and water all night. The last ones after Casey passed have been a mess especially last year. Run shea rd backwards if your not going to blade off the tops. How many ppl crashed out last year? A ton did and a couple got seriously injured.
We were shock testing down Shea a few months back, those square edge holes are massive. Running the other way would help. Only watering the first 3/4 mile sucked on the start. But Laughlin was the same, completely blind for the UTV's 8 wide as soon as you left the infield. Blown corners and rolled cars everywhere. then lap 3-6 they started watering the rest...

BITD has issues right now. Fingers crossed they get it together shortly. They barely updated the site to show the correct dates for the race as well. Zero other info.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Agreed I test there once a week and shea rd is dangerous for anything but a tt or spec tt to run full speed. Its pretty easy to blade off the tops and throw some water down but I guess too much for the new bitd organization. Casey always said this is a business we hurt too many customers and wreck there cars we loose entries. We can all act as tough as we want to but it is a hobby most of us need to go back to work and not in a ambulance.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Last BWDC lack of water at the start cost us a lot of money. The didn’t even try to water it.

I don’t think they need to water the entire desert but it would be nice where you are starting 2 wide to be able to see. I think it’s OK to have sections that you can’t go full speed.

I think they did a pretty good job of water at Laughlin. But they mentioned in the drivers meeting that they had a water truck break at the UTV race. They need more water trucks than two so if one breaks we are not screwed.

I think they are all good people and BITD. They just don’t have experience with vehicle racing. They are learning hard lessons every race. Hopefully they catch up soon.

Mike

Argentino

RDC Crypto
I just looked at day 2 and Connor was the fastest. I figured he got it overall. I guess I should have looked closer or waited to the official results.

I was just blown away at his times compared to TT.

BITD is dysfunctional. Absolutely no reason the results should not be out. They are too worried about pissing anyone off so they whimp foot around everything. They need someone like Casey who isn’t afraid to do the hard stuff.

They are letting racers walk all over them. Too politically correct. Nevada is becoming California. They will PC themselves right out of a job.

Mike
Exactly. The whole drivers meeting was about kissing ass to a bunch of people we PAY to do their f*cking jobs! Can't stand that crap! For thousands of years our planet and it's land was just fine, now we have inflated costs and have to cater to some jerk offs to baby sit us while we play in the desert and then we bring them on stage and praise them before they've even done a single thing other than extort us. What a joke! What's worse it that people cheer for that I failed spelling!

Kinda like the doucebags that stand and tell a cashier all about their pathetic lives while I'm waiting in line to just buy a simple item about to lose my I failed spelling. Then the next guy walks up and they do it all over again. It's like this everywhere... people can't conduct normal business without needing an "atta boy" or stroked off just to do their f*cking jobs!

BrentB

RDC Crypto
Laughlin has two races. One on Saturday that was won by Justin Loften and one on Sunday that was won by BJ Baldwin. Those are then added together for an overall winner and that was Justin Loften. I look at this event just like AMA Motocross. Did BJ win? Absolutly! Did Loften win absolutly! The Overall was won by Loften.
No, if (as you claim) there is a Saturday race and a Sunday race, then Conner won Sunday race. This isn’t AMA, where points are awarded for motos or heats, so a separate race. BITD & Score have only awarded points for a race, both days combined is the race.
Amazing how many people these days want participation trophies, there is only one winner of a race (congrats Lofton).

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Totally agree. Drivers meetings are all just a chance for them get up and kiss everyone’s ass that’s not there paying to race. It was 90% stroking the BLM and 10% racer focused.

The BLM work for us. We already pay them. Why are we paying them more to use our land? And then we have to ask permission and stroke their egos. It’s a joke.

There was very little on safety, Nothing about rules, a little about course markings, and a ton of butt kissing the BLM. How about they get up there and thank us for subsidizing their government pay checks.

Drivers meeting should be 100% about the race, racers, safety, and rules.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Funny part is most of the BLM knows nothing about the desert. I have asked many of them questions about certain places in my desert and most of the time I get the well I am not out in the field I don't know much about anything past what you can see from the road. Are you kidding me! They should know every rock pile out there! Its mostly done looking at it from a satellite. Not much on the ground.

nickc313

RDC Crypto
Not sure how this thread became a 6100 engine discussion, but I'll chime in a bit. I'm not defending Mike in anyway, just clarifying a few things. For those stating to go with other engine builders, you must not be aware that in order to race BITD, it has to be a Turn Key engine. Yes, stock ECU's can be tuned and PDU's can be used (people throw out the Motec brand, but there's others out there). As far as the LT1, that engine has been used by GM going back to 2014 and is now the new base "LS" for GM going forward. There's already been multiple iterations of it. It is more efficient, can put out more power with the same displacement, has a higher compression ratio (which I think is questionable), and as Mike pointed out, greater torque curve. We will eventually go to the LT engines in the future. While it sucks to see him go through the issues (regardless of the source of the problem), he is in a way paving the way for the future. Mike is just living in 2025, while we're still in 2021 LOL.
I understand that's the case now. But also imagine that will be changing in the near-ish future. Turnkey doesn't have the ability/man power/competence to manage, maintain, build, tune the ENTIRE spec motor classes. These classes are growing at an astonishing rate and I bet its only a matter of time before a few other (possibly better) certified engine builders will be able to tag spec engines for bitd and other organizations. It makes zero sense the way this is currently set up and have a feeling some changes will be made. My .02