BITD Laughlin Desert Classic 2021

EL ROMAN

RDC Crypto
I understand that's the case now. But also imagine that will be changing in the near-ish future. Turnkey doesn't have the ability/man power/competence to manage, maintain, build, tune the ENTIRE spec motor classes. These classes are growing at an astonishing rate and I bet its only a matter of time before a few other (possibly better) certified engine builders will be able to tag spec engines for bitd and other organizations. It makes zero sense the way this is currently set up and have a feeling some changes will be made. My .02
Agree, and to clarify, BITD is the only org with only one 6100 engine builder. There's a few others that can build them for SCORE, Legacy, MORE, SNORE, Martelli, KOH, etc.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Only makes sense to be able to rebuild motor have it inspected then sealed
If the ppl sealing the motor know what there doing there will be no cheating. It is not that hard to look at a motor in a crate and make sure its stock.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The reason why BITD didn’t allow rebuilding is then it forces all the new guys to rebuild new engines.

When you deck ans bore a engine it makes more power than stock. So if you allow it than everyone has to do it to be competitive. That’s how it works with Score. If you are building a Score TTspec you get your brand new engine “rebuilt”. That’s why BITD did not allow Score tagged engines. They make more power.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
I think originally they wanted to sell new motors but now we are almost at the point of class 10 motors there hard to get so rebuild them, check the deck give ppl a little room to deck the heads for rebuild purposes like class 10 did. You take 10 stock motors out of a crate a d dyno them. One will make more power than the rest. The small hp gain from a head decked 10 thousands is not going to make a difference . Anything more then it's not legal. Easy to check. Class 10 is doing it without any issues. If someone is going to cheat they will find a way no matter what the rules are.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I don’t know why any truck guy would be embarrassed by a 6200 doing so well. Fact is the 6200 guys should be embarrassed with so much more power to weight and not doing well in the past.

The 6200 should be faster than 6100.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
The normal buggy with the average driver can't beat a truck in the rough otherwise class 1 cars would be winning overall. Connor M is not the average driver and has a new buggy that is the perfect balance of power to weight. Its basically a big class 10 car. He almost had a overall in his 10 car before. Most ppl are not surprised if you were watching v2r on times he was up to 3rd place at one point overall. Kid is stupid fast!

BajaAddict

RDC Crypto
Lol because the truck guys are embarrassed 🤐🤣
I don't think that is the case. Connor is a fantastic drive and on a flat course I don’t know why any truck guy would be embarrassed by a 6200 doing so well. Fact is the 6200 guys should be embarrassed with so much more power to weight and not doing well in the past.

The 6200 should be faster than 6100.

Mike
Facts.

If both vehicles have an LS3:
The top 6200 driver should be expected to beat the top 6100 driver on a flat course like V2R, Silver State, Laughlin (this year due to it being 95% graded).
And on the contrary...
The top 6100 driver should be expected to beat the top 6200 driver on a rough course like MINT, KOH, anywhere in Barstow/Johnson Valley. I believe it's called physics...

Now, I know someone will say why don't class 1's win overall then... Sad to say, but there is no longer fast class 1's anymore (in US). Except maybe Deaner but he breaks too often. Hard to beat a Trophy Truck going 150-160+ mph. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a class 1 out there with a 1200hp+ engine.

Edit/Side Note: I think all the class 1's should just race 6200... It would make buggies fun and competitive again.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Lol did you drive Laughlin this year!!! We went after the 6100 on day one and day two we were in the stuff from all of day 1 and the 6100 from day 2 . the back section was huge! The only thing they kind of graded was the infield. V2r is smooth yea but not Laughlin it breaks more cars than any race every year.

nickc313

RDC Crypto
Why are more people not impressed with McMullen? Considering people have been writing buggies off for a while that is awesome to see.
If you think he’s fast now wait till you see him in a truck in a few years! The guy eats, breathes and sleeps desert racing and at 20 years old this kid is only getting started. I have no doubt he will be picked up to drive for a team with real deep pockets one day and he will dominate. Rumor has it he is going to start venturing down and do some Baja too and expand his resumé a bit. I’m a gambling man and will wager that we see his 6200 win several overalls in the coming year.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Class 1 cars destroy themselves because there is too much power you cant drive a 1200 hp class 1 and keep it alive.. A 6200 looks to be the perfect combination. 525 hp in a lightweight buggy. A old class 1 car with a 525 ls3 is also not the ticket. Looks like alumicraft hit a other home run buggy once again. Class may start to grow at this point but never be what 6100 has become.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
And connor just won qualifying again best time of the day🤣
Why does your car sound so different than any other car in the heat? You have a turbo 4 cylinder or something ? I could Tell it was your car where I was sitting in the infield before i even saw it by the way it sounded going past the hot pits.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Why does your car sound so different than any other car in the heat? You have a turbo 4 cylinder or something ? I could Tell it was your car where I was sitting in the infield before i even saw it by the way it sounded going past the hot pits.

It’s a cheater motor. LOL just kidding.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Lol actually mike is kinda right! Because 6200 has been a class with few entries I have a pre runner basically 10 car with a 3.6 v6 Chevy Camaro motor in it. Everyone in the class agreed a couple years ago I could run it because we are 250hp down on hp compared to the 525. We won parker 425 in 2019 but when they let the 525 in we have no chance against the new alumicraft cars. Because my class 10 car is getting prepped for parker I thought it would be fun to at least get some seat time in. Day 2 the motor gave up a d we had 5 cyls to play with she is tired. Probably race bluewater challenge and get back to class 10 at 425. We had fun and the new tensor 37 is a amazing tire.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Official results are posted.