BITD mex 300 Update

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Jesse Jones and Scotty with a big lead through Pit 3 at 1233pm.

Casselli & Kazwell (KTM) beat Honda-Campbell and Kawasaki-Abbott in Moto Class..

Check the links in my sig for more info. Tim is down their now doing live updates from Bahia Almejas. Also go to http://www.rlhcomm.com for checkpoint timing.

RacrDude

Reaction
Hmmm....I see what kind of "Live Updates" you are posting....the 2 legged ones. Wasn't there a race going on today??

Hotdirt

Reaction
Ok for all us ...stuck in the USA whats up down there ? Most of the fast Trucks and Cars are getting close to the last leg of the race ...any updates ? Nice Pics of the Ladies at Punta Cabras. Lots of nice mountains down there ! Class 11 vehicles should be there by now.

Hotdirt

Reaction
Oh well the race is over...guess we have to find someone who will post race times, resultes and status. Looks like someone dropped the ball ! Tits and drunks are fine ...but racing is the main focus for most of us.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Race Info? No, your main interest is bitching and being utterly clueless.

Tim was down there on his own dime camping out with friends and posting on a social site (Baja.net - the site, where you complain of Tits and Drunks), as well as ORC. Because there is no title sponsor (like there is for SCORE) for coverage (which costs money to do), he dosn't have to post a thing accept the press releases after the fact like every other site on the net. That's business.

And WITF couldn't you muster up intelligence to check the RLHComm/BFG link I provided which has Checkpoint and Finisher timing?

So past what Tim posted and what RLHComm has that's it. Keep looking though and report back when you find the "total live coverage with full results" of that race. NOT!

And BTW, this site does not produce realtime results past an assemblage of second hand sightings. No disrespect to Klaus because that's not his charter.

<New Standard Disclaimer>

Lastly, before you start bitching at ORC insted of me because of how I have called you on the carpet do understand that Dean Waters (co-founder) runs that show now. I am off on another endeavor (or I'd be partying with Tim) therefore it's me that's calling you clueless and not ORC.

MikeLeung

Reaction
Pat...dont get so upset over some stupid commet...we all love what you do for the sport.

Any ways....

BFG is reporting
Class 1 and first overall - Weyhrich
2nd - Frank Hines...weren't you just recently in a limited car? Great job
3rd Chuck Hovey

TT
1st and 2nd overall - Kyle Taylor
2nd - Enrique Legaspy.....WHO??????
3rd - Bucky Struck....AWESOME JOB BUCKY!!!! Who would have thought that a low budget TT team from Tucson is beating alot of the big boys
4th - Darren Skilton

The rest
Class 7 - Larry Roseler...WOW 3rd overall
Protruck - John Becker
10 - Yee
8 - Leduc

Hotdirt

Reaction
No disrespect to ORC . Everyone has there opinion and that was mine . Right or wrong ...that was mine ! So relax and take a deep breath...life goes on ...I just thought when you start posting ..like usual. The deed gets done. I am wrong in my opinion. Best regards to Tim. And I hope your feathers get unruffled

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Mike, thanks!

Drama over.

Feathers back to the not so neatly kept manner.

RacrDude

Reaction
PJC...please don't take my post wrong...2 legged updates ARE always welcome....was just curious about the race too... Kinda sucks having to work today instead of enjoying Corona's and 2 legged "race cars".

PS... so you are no longer involved with ORC ??? What's the new adventure??

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Interesting race, flash floods are not friendly during a race, chest high water right before check 5 swept Dixons stock mini down stream and stopped race traffic for awhile, when Kevin Davis came in to pit he was covered from head to toe with mud and water..

Hotdirt

Reaction
Now that the drama is over, I will tell you what the real story is here. The perseption of our sport to the outsiders. I received 6 e-mails about the race . One said " You hit the nail on the head, Many Off Road sites comes across promoting
desert racing, but a lot of times you see irresponsible journalism promoting drunkenness & pictures of bikinis & beer. I personaly like Beer and Babes. It may be entertaining to some, but not good for folks looking in from the outside, like Enviro groups, BLM ect.. It paints a picture of ALL muti desert users/recreatianalist as foolish irresponsible people. Its all part of the formula for getting deserts shut down.
I have an internal problem with the BLM...My cousin works for them ! I asked her what she thought of the race coverage. She clicked on a few sites and called me. She said looked like tequila for breakfeast on one site was irresponsible to promote . Beer sitting on a race car at the start of Off road .com on Weyrich car, not so good. Everyone seems to have a beer in there hand in most pics. And several looked under age. She also said the BLM monitors a lot of what we do through our race community web sites. She also stated that the death and accident rate is out of hand and they want more funding so they can have a better response to emergancies and to save lives. She also told me that the bottom line is if you can't fix it , might have to close it ! Or pay so much money to get into an OHV that the Rangers and powers to be can handle any problem because the man power and facillities are there. I don't want a ranger in our Pit unless they want to change tires ! She also told me that Off road .com and Race-desert was full of usefull information and that she has a better understanding of "The Desert People". Remember I asked her about her perseption of the coverage and left it at that. We will be in force at the Lancaster meeting of the BLM to fight for our rights in the desert. We need all the help we can get ! We also need to work together.

So PJC, I understand your looking out for your friend . Most of us are looking out for the place we love to go to Race and have fun. The Desert ! So with all due respect, You might want to pull you head out and look at the Big PICTURE.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
RacrDude, no problemo. New Endeavor, Email me (see profile) or PM.

----

HotDirt - Don't even start with the lecture. Tune out ORC and/or Baja.net if you don't like them. If you can't do that quietly then it's pretty obvious that your stated motives are not genuine.

Get The Big Picture? You remain very clueless on whom I am and what I stand for. Read on!

BLM? Unless your cousin is a district manager or higher he/she has squat to say on policy. You didn't now this but I sit on the BLM RAC for Southern Nevada. I know what the their motives are at the foundation and a beer on the hood of a race car (after the race) dosn't mean jack to them.

Worried about Enviro Groups? Now matter what anyone does in this sport the intent of the eco-kooks will never change. The only thing they understand and fear is litigation. You also didn't know that organized motorsports events are the hardest thing for the eco-kooks to attack. This is why we have more races now than in past years in Nevada. Your BLM cousin should have clued you in on why. If he/she won't, I will.

Fight for your rights? Good for you. I started 15 years ago fighting against S7 and then S21. Where were you? When Boxer and Fienstein took over the state of California (did you vote for them?) and S21 passed, California was no longer worthy of my tax dollars. Furthermore, ORC stuck it's neck out in a huge way in financial and legal risk to attack every eco-kook org and leader in site, to include Al Gore during the 2000 election. If you don't belive me, ask one of the BRC people sometime and see whom they respect. With our readership numbers, I still wonder if we could have swayed 500 voters in Florida with our extensive anti-Gore editorials. It's a nice thought but, we'll never know. At least we tried 100%!

Lastly, I am not going to bore the fourm members with further dialogue with you. If you want to take this further, email me (see profile) or PM..

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Hate to break it to you two, but The title on this tread is BITD mex 300 update. You have the ability to send private message, I say you use it and save us the thread space.

mean while back at the ranch. What happend to Jones/Stienberger, they had a big lead?

I Think bucky was a prime example of tortise and the hare.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I dont know what happened to the Jones TT entry, some of his guys came up to us at Pit 5 asking for some radiator sealent. We had none but told him to use pepper. We saw the TT sitting in Valle T just parked with no one around to ask what happened. It was not wrecked so that is a good thing. We sat at Mile 178 (1 mile after goat trail) and saw Taylor in first a minute later was weyhrich hauling then 20 minutes later the KIA TT followed by the 10 car of Yee 5 minutes later then as we were leaving the Becker Pro Truck went by. We then took the Highway into Valle T and Frank Hines was just about to go up the goat trail, and Rick Johnson in the Toyota was coming right at us on the dirt road into the pit at Valle T, that was awesome. I dont know where Roeseler came from to get third overal but man that is some awesome driving he would have had to pass all of the fast guys in the last 100 miles.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Anyone have any updates on the bikes and quads?