BITD on TV Today

BGRANT

Reaction
Don't know what race but the guide said BITD race at 4:00 MTN/3:00 PST on FSN (Fox Sports Network)

MikeL

Reaction
My listing on Verizon Fios (ch. 76 or ch. 576 HD) shows "Desert Racing" 4:00 to 4:30 today. The DVR is set.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Stupid FSN Arizona is replaying the D-Backs/Cardinals game from yesterday and I don't see it on the guide..... BS!

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Just watch it on FSS. How much is it for a slot on sopwith?

and... parker rain.... bad memories....

Reaction
Levi confirmed your deduction to me last week JRod. The dude's clairvoyant!

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Levi confirmed your deduction to me last week JRod. The dude's clairvoyant!
It's like he races more than a keyboard or something! LOL!

Can't wait to see the show for myself - For those that watched it, how was it? Other than the PTSD episodes of being reminded of the rain.....

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
the footage was pretty bad IMHO... i think that SPIKE needs to pick up the rights to the coverage of desert racing.... it would b awesome... i miss the old ESPN shows with Dave Despain and Bob Bower.... those were the best... but at least our community is getting more and more coverage again... it can only get better!!!

i do love how they follow a lot of the slower classes... gives us little guys air coverage to b proud of

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
the footage was pretty bad IMHO... i think that SPIKE needs to pick up the rights to the coverage of desert racing.... it would b awesome... i miss the old ESPN shows with Dave Despain and Bob Bower.... those were the best... but at least our community is getting more and more coverage again... it can only get better!!!

i do love how they follow a lot of the slower classes... gives us little guys air coverage to b proud of
I agree. Wasn't too stoked on the footage. Of the top ten finishers, other than showing Andy creeping through the mud after he finished, only 1 had any air time at all. Not to mention, there wasn't very much off road footage. I know I will hear the argument that any publicity is good publicity, but I have to think that the casual viewer would have changed the channel in boredom and would never watch a BITD race on TV again, thus defeating the purpose of showing it on TV at all and not just in a post here on RDC. I do love the idea of getting the races on TV, but show some racing, some decent footage, and more than just 5 cars driving for a few seconds on a smooth graded road all alone. Parker was the worst experience of my life, and they didn't even half way capture how insane that weather was!

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I agree. Wasn't too stoked on the footage. Of the top ten finishers, other than showing Andy creeping through the mud after he finished, only 1 had any air time at all. Not to mention, there wasn't very much off road footage. I know I will hear the argument that any publicity is good publicity, but I have to think that the casual viewer would have changed the channel in boredom and would never watch a BITD race on TV again, thus defeating the purpose of showing it on TV at all and not just in a post here on RDC. I do love the idea of getting the races on TV, but show some racing, some decent footage, and more than just 5 cars driving for a few seconds on a smooth graded road all alone. Parker was the worst experience of my life, and they didn't even half way capture how insane that weather was!
the video footage wasnt that bad once u turned the sound OFF!!!

lkrfn007

Reaction
I could not agree more with the above posts......I completely understand highlighting the teams that pay for the spots, but to not show any other cars....wow...that was terrible.....they will definitely lose the average viewer with that coverage! I applaud sopwith for their efforts and desire to get racing back on tv, but more vehicles and classes must be shown! No Hovey, no Letner, no McMillin....no ratings.....

tinman

That dude!
Reaction
That was the worst coverage of a race I have seen in a very long time. I think we all need to voice our opinion in the drivers meeting at V2R. I appreciate the sponsership money the teams that were featured spent, but I bet even they would have given up some of their airtime for a quality show that actually followed the race as it really happened.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Was it me or did every team that got coverage have problems or DNF?
Nope. Wilson's ended up third in class.

Some racing on tv is better than NO racing on tv.

And Time Time Warner has it airing again next Monday the 27 at 4:00pm, same channel.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
these companies should hire wicked gravity, cactus films etc etc and i guarantee nobody is gonna complain

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
these companies should hire wicked gravity, cactus films etc etc and i guarantee nobody is gonna complain

Thanks for the vote of confidence, CLTO... I agree... there were three or four of us (add Stuck Throttle and John Tuba to that list) out on various parts of the course all day getting good footage. We would gladly share it with the producer for a very small $$$. I did not see the show today, but I know with their small crew based out of the pits, they are gonna miss most if not all of the exciting action shots.