BITD opens up 7200 Class to new engines

Bluedemon

RDC Crypto
That's adorable you think you can get a 1000hp out of a little V6 and have it live for 1200+ miles in some of the harshest terrain on earth. It sounds so easy!
Never claimed you can get 1000hp, Im just stating you got factory money got the one of the best people in the industry prepping the race car, running top dollar race car components with Drivers that claim they can wheel I don't see why it can give the TT class a run for its money AWD TT are up an coming but those trucks have their bad days too I dont see why the honda cant be creeping from behind waiting for the top dogs to blow a turn or have a flat, look at ampudia driving balls to the wall and giving the AWD trucks hell!

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
I'm still trying to figure out what people are after hear, do they want to force the Honda into the TT class because it wins so much or do they want to complain about it's ability to beat Spec TT trucks because its unlimited V6 power plant makes more power than their crate motors? As far as I can tell, the truck, with it's factory based motor meets the rules for the class it races in. I never saw anyone complaining about the Toyota of Ivan Stewart or the Rough Rider Fords that kicked everyone's asses over the years. The crazy hp numbers from the crazy Chevy S10 of MacPhersons in class 7 or the wild Ford Ranger that Roesseler drove for Orbit. Why do so many people hate on the Honda? My only complaint is where can I get the Extracab model instead on the 4 door?
One thing everyone is overlooking is that the Ridgeline is motivated by all the memes making fun of Ridgelines.

512cce81a41636df09edac077ae199563eba34b906e97010527bc42bf57407e9_1.jpg

ad9ce3f5468fdeee39f1b013968f28622c25a401cab3c61314da9ea65f7dcf92_1.jpg

4ca5cebeb6dd356143b710565a166ebc6c7cc475b0aee4b32b93fa2c68497173_1.jpg

4yjd5l.jpg

6b909c0e71d20e35523f8573c5dd78eb.jpeg

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Never claimed you can get 1000hp, Im just stating you got factory money got the one of the best people in the industry prepping the race car, running top dollar race car components with Drivers that claim they can wheel I don't see why it can give the TT class a run for its money AWD TT are up an coming but those trucks have their bad days too I dont see why the honda cant be creeping from behind waiting for the top dogs to blow a turn or have a flat, look at ampudia driving balls to the wall and giving the AWD trucks hell!
The factory money is absolutely not the big pile of cash you think it is.

Evan is awesome at prep and even better in the truck. (sorry/not sorry)

Our guys can wheel. But they ain't Bryce/Andy fast. (sorry Jeff, Pat)

Winning when others dudes have a failed because of a mechanical is still a win but using that as a race strategy is lame.

Our team bosses are well aware of what it costs in logistics, manpower, equipment, and funding to compete at the top level in TT.

If you have followed the Ridgeline program since it began you will notice it has evolved and now we have the Talons racing also.

There is a bigger picture here than just a truck on a race course.

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The Honda Team has matching shoes, nuff said.

6100 is a spec class with the same engine package. Why would anyone want another engine that’s outside of the spec and why would any OEM want to race against a bunch of Chevy LS engines.

Leave spec alone. The entire point is to level the playing field with the same engines. Everyone then cheats the same. We don’t need more ways to cheat in Spec truck.

let all the OEM’s race in 7200 with those turbo’s and jap stuff. Spec is All American. Happy 4th!!

Mike

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com
The way I see the 7200 class is it is a wide open class with a few rules. Nothing SPEC about the class at all. The reason why you don't see more trucks is newer classes that make more sense to race per dollar spent have evolved and others were created.

1) 6100 - New created class with a few simple rules
2) UTV classes - New classes around a new type of off-road vehicle that are more entry level from a price stand point.
3) 10/1000 - Old class that evolved into a spec engine ECOTEC

Now the TT class also grew becuase that is what people dream of racing because they are just bad as s.

I feel the 7200 class with a few new rules would let the class evolve. The problem IMO is the engines are very expensive to make the existing trucks faster and fun. Allowing a SPEC LS3 into the class just allows some older non 6100 competitive truck have a real class to compete in. There are plenty of trucks like Heidi Steele's truck that would be a hoot to drive with LS power. And that power would be more than 1/2 the cost of what they are spending now.

This class would also be more advanced than the 6100 class because you would be able to run 2wd or 4wd or a manual gear box etc. We all know AWD robs a tin of power so would AWD be an advantage? Probably not but it MIGHT be learned if someone tries it. I like the 90" width rule as it matches the existing SCORE rules.

I don't see this class hurting 6100 as 6100 is a great spec class with amazing competition. I also really don't see that many extra 7200 trucks showing up because of the rule change but I do see about 5 more or so in time. There are a ton of 1450-1400 trucks out there that are very fast that could run this SPEC V8 and be in a PRO class. This is the largest area I feel we would see trucks coming from.

my .02

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
We would never be competitive in the TT class with the current Honda V6 engine we run. Ever.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Don't sell yourself short, the rich fast guys are very supportive of winner's pot donators from the 'other guys'.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
One day someone will have the balls to come through and clean out all of the multiple class nonsense. I like Dave Coles approach. Unlimited Truck / Spec Truck / Unlimited Buggy / Spec Buggy / Unlimited UTV / Production UTV / Then a few sportsman classes and the same for the moto guys. Make it simple. The only way spectators who aren’t familiar will ever tag along.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
One day someone will have the balls to come through and clean out all of the multiple class nonsense. I like Dave Coles approach. Unlimited Truck / Spec Truck / Unlimited Buggy / Spec Buggy / Unlimited UTV / Production UTV / Then a few sportsman classes and the same for the moto guys. Make it simple. The only way spectators who aren’t familiar will ever tag along.

Dave knows what he’s doing for sure.

ROTCORP

RDC Crypto
I realize I'm joining this conversation a bit late, but I am more than willing to be transparent about our Honda Factory Racing program, how the factory views it, marketing, budgets, the future and engine program. Its not a secret....but there is a bit of mis-information spoken in this thread. Ask away....I will keep an eye on this thread for the next week or so.

Jeff Proctor
Team Principal
Honda Factory Off-Road Racing

usmcgunrock

RDC Crypto
I realize I'm joining this conversation a bit late, but I am more than willing to be transparent about our Honda Factory Racing program, how the factory views it, marketing, budgets, the future and engine program. Its not a secret....but there is a bit of mis-information spoken in this thread. Ask away....I will keep an eye on this thread for the next week or so.

Jeff Proctor
Team Principal
I have always been interested in the motor package. As for other motor builders and factory race engines info is easy to get, spec or open built. But the Honda motor you have is not. Does HPD have a part number for that motor and ecu as it sits turn key in your truck? Not the factory van motor but the HPD motor. What’s the price tag? Is Honda interested in providing that motor to other race trucks? Maybe offering a contingency with it like Ford does with their ecoboost? Also what Hp and Tq is the motor capable of as it is physically? I understand you have it tuned down for some reliability for your truck but if I was able to get the same exact turn key motor and ecu you have what is the most the motor can do?

Touched on it a little above but now that Honda is getting some sport utvs again are they interested in supporting others with a racer discount program or contingency winnings for teams running their cars? Just trying to get a idea how much Honda is getting involved in the sport vs just getting involved in your team.

It is a nice truck and you guys have come along way in building your race program. Congrats on that.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Ask away.
1. What does "ROTCORP" mean/stand for? (Don't give me any of the "It's Proctor Backwards" nonsense please...)

2. Who is your favorite crew person?

3. Who is Adam Gunns Boss?

Last edited:

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto

Jeff Proctor
Team Principal
What does Honda consider its objective to be in off road, and how does that translate into funding and goals? How much promotion do they actually get out of this?

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
when can i test the Ridgeline?, PC only, i hate driving through the inland empire to get to Barstow,( real question, how much goes into the head porting?, is it cnc or old school?