BITD opens up 7200 Class to new engines

J Prich

Reaction
Pretty sure 7/7200 are being used interchangeably here. And it's a fair point IMO that there are lots of V8 options and only one for an unlimited motor min/mid truck. If BITD made the rule change without consulting the current 7200 guys, I can understand why they would be upset. My guess is the counter argument would be that there are hardly any 7200 guys racing in BITD these days but still, it's sucky to make a rule change to a class without talking to the guys actually racing the class. If that's how it happened.

fastfelix

Reaction
Yes, Honda Performance Development currently has a turnkey Civic Type R engine for sale and not lease through 4 HPD distributors. However, it doesn't necessarily fit into off road classes. Its a 2.0L Turbo 306HP for less than $7K. Crate engine is $6700...Controls package is another $2K,engine harness, tune, etc. So for $9K you are Ready to rip with 306-316HP. Its a reliable package and not a ticking time bomb of a high rev race engine. In my opinion, this package is affordable for what you are getting.

It was intended for road race guys racing the civic Type R, but would be cool to see someone race it in off-road.
New 10 car motor?

Red Ford Racer

Reaction
That's how it happened I never got a call! It is interesting with the amount of money in the Honda program and with an amazing team, great people working on the truck, good drivers.
We still won the 7200 class at V-2-R in 2019 and 2020 In our truck built on a budget, way under powered and prepped by everyday guys. We just finished our turbo 400 swap to move to 6100 so we have some FAIR competition. We have handed 2021 V-2-R the win to the Honda team. I have much respect for Jeff and his team always very Professional and competitive But I feel they belong in a different class. 7200 has been ruined by people with special interests (Jerry), it is really sad as it could be a very competitive class. My 2 cents!!

E.Hagle

Reaction
Class 10 would be a little more fun with that motor. I don’t mind the current HP and speeds of the class at all, it’s the lack of torque that kills us.

firedog

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for your input. Class 7 is a limited motor and prolly always will be. 7200 allowed some cheap v8 power that’s equal too the fire breathing v6’s to race. So what.

you’re in a class 7200 thread arguing about class 7 rules? Not sure I’m picking up what you are putting down.
Robert, class 7/7200 are basically the same class between two different orgs (SCORE/BITD) until BITD changed the rules. I simply refer to the class as 7 because that's what it was when I started racing, sorry for the confusion. I'm simply stating my opinion that there are many V-8 classes for these trucks that supposedly can't race because they can't/don't want to put the $$$ to compete in the class they were built for (6100). I do not agree with allowing a V-8 in class 7200 when there are many other classes to fit into under current rules.

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
Robert, class 7/7200 are basically the same class between two different orgs (SCORE/BITD) until BITD changed the rules. I simply refer to the class as 7 because that what it was when I started racing, sorry for the confusion. I'm simply stating my opinion that there are many V-8 classes for these trucks that supposedly can't race because they can't/don't want to put the $$$ to compete in the class they were built for (6100). I do not agree with allowing a V-8 in class 7200 when there are many other classes to fit into under current rules.
Yeah after thinking about what you wrote previously I definitely think it sucks for folks like you guys. I think there was probably some well intentioned thought here that this would help bring more entries to a class that hasn't had a lot over the last few years, but it comes potentially at the expense of those who have been racing for years, within the original rules. Sucky to have the goal posts moved on you after a decade plus of racing the class via the original rules.

Rcamp99

Reaction
Yeah after thinking about what you wrote previously I definitely think it sucks for folks like you guys. I think there was probably some well intentioned thought here that this would help bring more entries to a class that hasn't had a lot over the last few years, but it comes potentially at the expense of those who have been racing for years, within the original rules. Sucky to have the goal posts moved on you after a decade plus of racing the class via the original rules.
I’m sure many felt the same way when the turbo Ford was allowed…. And then the turbo Honda. It’s not like the class was pure with rules for its entirety. It’s changed many times over the years with special interests.

firedog

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Thread is specific to BITD and 7200 class in BITD. Not sure why he’s going after the “OP” (me) about the 7 class in other organizations.
Over 20+ years racing class 7S/7/7200. I do not understand why BITD allowed V-8 into 7200? It't like allowing a specific V-6 into class 10??? The class 10 drivers would go ballistic!! The torque of the V-8 is going to rule class 7200, huge advantage. I don't understand why all these supposed outdated 6100 trucks (how many can there be, the class is only a few years old) can't find another class to fit into???

Rcamp99

Reaction
Robert, class 7/7200 are basically the same class between two different orgs (SCORE/BITD) until BITD changed the rules. I simply refer to the class as 7 because that's what it was when I started racing, sorry for the confusion. I'm simply stating my opinion that there are many V-8 classes for these trucks that supposedly can't race because they can't/don't want to put the $$$ to compete in the class they were built for (6100). I do not agree with allowing a V-8 in class 7200 when there are many other classes to fit into under current rules.
As far as I’m concerned, class 7 is still the mini truck class it has always been. SNORE/ SCORE/ BITD all still have a class 7/ 7100 with no V8 allowed do they not?

Class 7200 is considered mini truck unlimited and they define a few rules (width, engines, etc)

i guess I’m truly not understanding why allowing someone to compete against other trucks with a $30,000+ Turbo charged v6 Engine package with a cheap sealed v8 is a big deal if they wanted too. It’s not ruining the class that’s already dead IMO. I’d love to see more people race 7200. 6100 came along and killed it because people didn’t need a unreliable fire breathing v6 to be competitive in it.

Rcamp99

Reaction
Over 20+ years racing class 7S/7/7200. I do not understand why BITD allowed V-8 into 7200? It't like allowing a specific V-6 into class 10??? The class 10 drivers would go ballistic!! The torque of the V-8 is going to rule class 7200, huge advantage. I don't understand why all these supposed outdated 6100 trucks (how many can there be, the class is only a few years old) can't find another class to fit into???
Why did they allow turbo charged factory engines into it? Did you guys go ballistic then like you said class 10 car guys would?

you don’t think a 6 speed 30-40,000$ trans in your class behind a 40-50,000$ motor doesn’t make the same power a cheap v8 does?

firedog

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Why did they allow turbo charged factory engines into it? Did you guys go ballistic then like you said class 10 car guys would?

you don’t think a 6 speed 30-40,000$ trans in your class behind a 40-50,000$ motor doesn’t make the same power a cheap v8 does?
As far as the turbo factory turbo engines, yes we were upset but we have plans, just not the $$$ yet. We will happily race against any V-6, take our lumps and come back to do it again! You need to play within the rules, NO V-8. It has never been in the class and is in no way in the spirit of the class. THAT IS MY OPINION, can I have an opinion? If you can't afford to race class 7/7200 (uber V-6) there are 7 options as I've lined out for you...our team is happy in class 7/7200. Take your V-8 to another class!

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
That's how it happened I never got a call! It is interesting with the amount of money in the Honda program and with an amazing team, great people working on the truck, good drivers.
We still won the 7200 class at V-2-R in 2019 and 2020 In our truck built on a budget, way under powered and prepped by everyday guys. We just finished our turbo 400 swap to move to 6100 so we have some FAIR competition. We have handed 2021 V-2-R the win to the Honda team. I have much respect for Jeff and his team always very Professional and competitive But I feel they belong in a different class. 7200 has been ruined by people with special interests (Jerry), it is really sad as it could be a very competitive class. My 2 cents!!
Where do you think we belong? You don't think the Raptor Ecoboost twin turbo V6 doesn't belong in Class 7/7200 either?

Bro_Gill

Reaction
He thinks you belong in a class where he can get 550hp cheaply from a motor that no minitruck comes with and you can spend more money while he whistles to the bank. That's how I read this.

Rcamp99

Reaction
He thinks you belong in a class where he can get 550hp cheaply from a motor that no minitruck comes with and you can spend more money while he whistles to the bank. That's how I read this.
which mini truck comes with a raptor v6 that’s allowed also? Makes more power than the sealed v8 AND more torque that is claimed the v8 is gunna ruin the class with….

jon coleman

Reaction
i believe any True offroader Must do time in one of these;( i bet just the thought terrifies a lot of you ' off road racers)

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 0
  • images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 0
  • download (5).jpeg
    download (5).jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 0

Slippery P

Reaction
Where do you think we belong? You don't think the Raptor Ecoboost twin turbo V6 doesn't belong in Class 7/7200 either?
Sand bagger 😂😂😂

Bro_Gill

Reaction
which mini truck comes with a raptor v6 that’s allowed also? Makes more power than the sealed v8 AND more torque that is claimed the v8 is gunna ruin the class with….
I think you need to brush up on your rule book reading skills. It doesn't say vehicle must come with Raptor V6, it says SAME MANUFACTURERS V6. Hell, you guys don't even match a body and emblem with motor!!!

MTPyle

Reaction
When Ford was paying contingency everyone made Ford bodies. I wanted a Chevy body and bought one of the few still made and it was a mess. Total dinosaur and looked silly.

so for full size trucks there is really only Ford body options. It is silly to have Raptor body and GM engine and trans. But I think that theme has been going on for a long time. Ford body and GM engines. Sorry Ford guys. Haha

it’s too bad GM does not care about off-road racing.

Mike