BITD opens up 7200 Class to new engines

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com
So many things wrong with the new rules change has been written. Ive been on the phone all day with Bryan Folks from BITD, Jeff Proctor, Randy Merrit and a few others. Stay tuned. This should be good for the 7200 guys (maybe 3?) as well as the older 6100 guys who feel out classed in the 6100 class.

Think of the new rules for the 7200 class as a very professional global class for V6 unlimited Turbo TRUCKS (solid rear axle)... That allows older trucks with a spec V8 to race. (I know there is 6100) but the point of the V8 is for the older 7200 style/type trucks to be able to add power cheap.

jon coleman

Reaction
So you grandfather in a truck that all other trucks have no chance against and you can't currently build anything like it to race in said class? Lol sounds legit!
didnt you read that doods post suggesting Honda step up?, seems like if Honda builds race motors it should race at the top, play time is over.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Another stupid rule change. Anyone who thinks this will be cheaper is a fool. If you are starting from scratch, build a spec/6100 truck and leave the guys racing v6s alone. This is just another can of worms that someone decided it would be better to cut their nose of despite their slow, ugly face.

jon coleman

Reaction
so how many outdated trucks Are out there becoming garage shelving?, and all they needed was a "cheep" " spec" engine, heck, i expect 50 at Parker next year

y2kbaja

Reaction
Should be a chassis rule, chassis must be older than xx years. Keeps new "7200 v8's" from being built.
Dumb change in my opinion. We raced 7200 with a bone stock Toyota v6 against all the high hp v6's. They blew us away all the time but we felt it was fair enough since we're all v6's. Adding the ecoboost turbo is when the scales really started tipping esp since we couldn't add a TRD supercharger. I'm not associated with the 7200 anymore but I'm sure he won't do BITD 7200 now that v8's are allowed. I can't speak for them but I'm sure the Total Chaos 7200 v6 is out too.

jon coleman

Reaction
i know, start a class for older v 6 s and call it, hmmm, wait, we'll allow turbo 4 cyl.in it too, limmit it to 40 " tires& 90" track

MIKE S

Reaction
Website
www.shaffersoffroad.com
At least BITD has engine rules, we have been trying to get the ok from Score on putting a twin turbo Honda 3.5 in our car but they said it would not be legal if the motor did not come stock with turbos. Also all internals would need to be stock and stock oiling system. So only Honda can run a turbo Honda?? I think we will just run a LS 3 if no one it ever really going to look.

10 shot

Reaction
Exactly what I am saying honda builds a truck that nobody else can build or compete against then wins all race's lol what other class has those rules?

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Exactly what I am saying honda builds a truck that nobody else can build or compete against then wins all race's lol what other class has those rules?

Anyone else can go build a legit truck and put the Ford Raptor Ecoboost in it and be right there with us. I can assure you the power between the two motors are pretty damn close regardless of what the rumor mill says. It hasn't happened because 6100 exists now and that killed 7200.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
And the new Chevy turbo little motor is no slouch either. Rather than allow V8s, they should have limited turbo motors with a stock computer and allowed na motors to build if they wanted like they did with 7sx with 6 cylinders having limits and 4 cylinders open.

10 shot

Reaction
I think 7200 has been dead for years I think the EcoBoost in a race car is a time bomb as I've seen a pile of them that last a race or two and come apart. Your guys truck is state of the art and fast no doubt but I think it's like shooting fish in a barrel in the 7200 class or hell or even the current 6100 class you basically have a truck that is in between a 6100 and a tt. What is the current dyno numbers on the truck I'm sure you can boost it or turn it down. Turn it down to the current 6100 hp and have it locked. Then you may get some love in the 6100 class. I'm sure its more than 525 right now?

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I think 7200 has been dead for years I think the EcoBoost in a race car is a time bomb as I've seen a pile of them that last a race or two and come apart. Your guys truck is state of the art and fast no doubt but I think it's like shooting fish in a barrel in the 7200 class or hell or even the current 6100 class you basically have a truck that is in between a 6100 and a tt. What is the current dyno numbers on the truck I'm sure you can boost it or turn it down. Turn it down to the current 6100 hp and have it locked. Then you may get some love in the 6100 class. I'm sure its more than 525 right now?
Honda has the ECU on lockdown. We aren't allowed to do anything to it except put it in the truck and take it back out and send it back to them. lol

I know in the very beginning they played with higher boost and it didn't work out so well in a big truck running in 100 degree heat through dust. It's all about reliability now and it's dialed in. More HP leads to more problems. Desert racing is all about reliability and not driving over your head.

usmcgunrock

Reaction

I have run a truck with a stock ecoboost and we have had very good luck with it. But it is all stock with inspection tags.

Honda has the ECU on lockdown. We aren't allowed to do anything to it except put it in the truck and take it back out and send it back to them. lol

I know in the very beginning they played with higher boost and it didn't work out so well in a big truck running in 100 degree heat through dust. It's all about reliability now and it's dialed in. More HP leads to more problems. Desert racing is all about reliability and not driving over your head.

So what is the dyno numbers? Or can you not say just like no one can look at the motor due to your contract with Honda and running their factory racing motor. What transmission are you running?