BITD opens up 7200 Class to new engines

Red Ford Racer

Reaction
Agreed this is not going to bring out old trucks to race again, if we our truly trying to add cheap power in 7200 trucks the track width rule must remain in place. Allowing wider trucks with V-8 power is just like allowing the Honda trophy truck in our class, if they have a good day we dont have a chance to beat them but as we have proved two years in a row at V2R
our Eco- Boost can win!

jon coleman

Reaction
if anything , they should consolidate v8 truck classes, ' affordable desert racing' is a myth, if the truck fits speed - wise into a class, bingo, thats where you race, like in scca, we ran in ita( sRx7) until we had sufficient numbers to sustain our own class, if you have the numbers show up , petition the sanctioning body for your own class, until that happens, there should only be a few v8 full size truck classes, 3, tt, spec tt, & everything else

Last edited:

Rcamp99

Reaction
Perfect lets do this I'm in the snore midnight special your welcome to enter if you want ! not sure where I had anything said about grudge match but I'll bite!

I'm down!

Maybe the Honda will come out, too?
This will be amazing. Argentino will start in front of Keith.

what’s the finishing record of you both? Have seen Keith finish every race I’ve seen him at recently. Haven’t seen Sean since the dnf in caliente. Regardless I’ll be around the course to cheer the battle on somewhere.

Argentino

Reaction
Yeah Caliente was the race Matt kept passing out like he was on a roller coaster. He'd wake up and scream then pass out. Then he woke up and screamed about his back being broken and passed out. I was pumping his hand trying to wake him up and it kinda got cold so rushed him to medical. Turned out, the doc said he only broke his vagina. 😭

We went to race BAP after that and blew the engine. Tuner said he tuned my anti-lag but really just used a throttle jacker and smoked the head.

Hopefully that got the bad stuff/ DNF streak out of the way.

I'll go test out in Jean this week to make sure I've got it dialed. Last test session was solid. This will be the first race with my own, build, fab, and tune in it's entirety. So if something goes wrong it's all my fault.

I've been on the sidelines due to this covid nonsense. It took the wind out of my sails to go to the races and be bombarded with all the restrictions so I've been building the race toys and pool while waiting for things to loosen up. I have a baby on the way as well, so he's been my focus as of late.

See you out there.

Rcamp99

Reaction
interesting! Just to be clear were expecting keith's v6 10 car vs the messer (now argentino) 2.0 ecoboost?? that will be a REALLLY good race! both cars are fast
That’s what I’m saying. My car won’t be ready for the race, but I’ll be a retrieval with snore so I’ll find a badass spot to watch and film 🤣🤟🏻 unless we get called to something

Argentino

Reaction
Thanks man. I had to kinda dial it back since I was by myself but did run out of fuel later and had to walk 3.5 miles to get my truck. Needed to see if it would go the whole 260 Miles...Turns out the co-dawg is there to remind me of those things. lol

Gonna put another strap over that spare going the other way. This thing wasn't designed to carry 37's. It's really just an overbuilt 10 car.

Also gotta get the trans figured out. It was just rebuilt so I really don't know who to trust with it anymore. 🤷

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
Thanks man. I had to kinda dial it back since I was by myself but did run out of fuel later and had to walk 3.5 miles to get my truck. Needed to see if it would go the whole 260 Miles...Turns out the co-dawg is there to remind me of those things. lol

Gonna put another strap over that spare going the other way. This thing wasn't designed to carry 37's. It's really just an overbuilt 10 car.

Also gotta get the trans figured out. It was just rebuilt so I really don't know who to trust with it anymore. 🤷
call kevin mcmullen
car looks good by the way, but still dont see that your signed up for midnight special

Argentino

Reaction
Thanks.

As soon as I get that trans fixed I'll be on the list.

Can you provide me with Kevin McMullen's number, please? Or does anyone know how to get hold of Jason Semmens?

Bluedemon

Reaction
Ridgeline needs to race TT and stop bullying actual spec trucks. they got Evan Wellar prepping that bad boy so prep wise its solid, I don't see it having any issues as longest the drivers keep their cool, HPD Sends the Mclaren Nerds to tap into the ECU n open up its power N Plus that truck smokes the rear tires up to 3rd gear with its current set up truck n drivers need to step up n not be weenies give the big boys a run for their money

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Ridgeline needs to race TT and stop bullying actual spec trucks. they got Evan Wellar prepping that bad boy so prep wise its solid, I don't see it having any issues as longest the drivers keep their cool, HPD Sends the Mclaren Nerds to tap into the ECU n open up its power N Plus that truck smokes the rear tires up to 3rd gear with its current set up truck n drivers need to step up n not be weenies give the big boys a run for their money
The truck was built for the class it races. Sorry.

51rcr

Reaction
mine fits. Thats what i like about KOH like said above. different vehicles all around the same speeds, power to weights. Sure the Honda is a mini TT cause thats what its supposed to be. It is cool. Just to bad V6s with power are not cheap and manufactures just like other classes dont support it, which even if they did only a be a few that would maybe get real funding/support. Honda at least has always embraced any racing they support and love to cross show they do it in ads for any product they are selling. Look how many spec engines chevy sells and what do they offer for support.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
Thanks.

As soon as I get that trans fixed I'll be on the list.

Can you provide me with Kevin McMullen's number, please? Or does anyone know how to get hold of Jason Semmens?
Kevin Mcmullen PHONE: 602-402-6215

race is 3 weeks out lol, if you don't already have something in the works at this point... don't think your making it bud

Argentino

Reaction
Kevin Mcmullen PHONE: 602-402-6215

race is 3 weeks out lol, if you don't already have something in the works at this point... don't think your making it bud

I talked to him on Friday but haven't heard back. Going to give it one more shot at adjusting the cable. He seemed to think that's what it was (if it's not internal). Will update with what happens and will test it tomorrow to know for sure. If it was 4th or 5th gear, it wouldn't be a problem but 3rd is the meat of my power-band and can't get by without it engaging properly.